View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
I'm currently using a 72" Moose straight plow on my 05 King Quad 700 and it does a great job...

however

that said it's a bit too wide and over powers the steering in heavy snow ( I use chains on all four corners).

I used a 60" Moose County plow (the tapered one) previously and it was perfect!

The xtra 6" a side on the wider plow make it a bee-atch to steer in heavy snow since the plow turns the quad if the plow can't move the snow aside.....its fine for light to moderate snow conditions.

I used the 60" on my Vinsons (500cc) and they handled it no sweat as well so I think 60 Moose is the answer :)

As an aside.......I'm looking to swap the 72" for a 60' at this point.... .. the 60" Moose lasted 8 years and wore out 3 wear bars before it was retired (I need to re-weld some spots).

I plow hundreds of kms (really) of gravel roads in the Kenora area during a winter...my place...the neighbors place, the next neighbors place the road and so on... the only thing that has slowed me down on quad plowing is the addition of a real plow truck with an 84" blade so I can plow in the heated cab.

So my vote is Moose!
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-20-2017)