If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > DIY Projects

Old 03-17-2012, 12:28 AM

Turbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
16' Starcraft

First 4 are the pictures the seller sent me.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

This is how it sits now

IMG_0973.JPGIMG_0975.JPG

Next is to replace the rotted seats, which will be coated in UV resistant polyurathane.

After that is decision time, to paint or not to paint. I may have access to a paint booth where the paint can be baked on. Or rattle can the whole thing and keep cost down? Or leave it as is and build a blind for duck hunting?

Last edited by Turbo; 03-17-2012 at 12:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo For This Useful Post:
punch (05-12-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:50 AM

Rooftop777 is on a distinguished road
Nice project, I've rebuilt 2 aluminum boats, the wood seats, created casting deck and wood floor, carpet or vinyl and inside painting, etc. I haven't repainted the outside aluminum though, I hear aluminum on outside needs to be well prepared so the primer/paint sticks and special paint to withstand being in water, rubbing on docks, etc. I have seen used boats where they painted with a roller but it didn't look good and paint likely wouldn't adhere well. Send me an email if you want more info,
Old 04-02-2012, 08:28 PM

Turbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Replaced some aluminum on the hull this past weekend. Not 100% happy with it but considering the bevies had been flowing pretty good all day I'm not overly surprised. Gonna pop out a few rivets and put some heat to the aluminum in the hopes of getting a better fit. I also sealed aall the seams belowthe water line the 3M 5200, That stuff is awsome,lol

IMG_0983.JPGIMG_0981.JPGIMG_0980.JPGIMG_0979.JPGIMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0976.JPGIMG_0977.JPG
punch (05-12-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM
get the net

Thanked 1,052 Times in 464 Posts
mrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant future
Cool project! For leaky rivets take 2 hammers, one on each side of the rivet and hit the rivet while holding the other hammer firm against. This will squish the rivets so they fit tighter and stop any leaks. Had a boat i did this too and not a drop of water afterwards.

http://www.manitobasportsmen.com/ind...e-registration
http://www.nixoffroadmarine.ca/
"Why kill two birds with one stone, when you can kill six with a shotgun?"
Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Jerry Culleton

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,796 Posts
HOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen that boat on the Red !......looked awesome !
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM

The rivets that I need to remove hold the piece I fabed up, the whole piece is NFG since buddy #3 (who came in late in the process and had to add his 2 cents worth, screwed up the alignment). Getting a torch and some stainless bolts/nuts to attach it when I do it again,lol

HH, that intrigues me, I was told that it was used mainly in Ontario for work and that it had been sitting in a farmers field for something like 10 years???? When roughly did you see it on the water last?????
Old 04-04-2012, 01:34 AM
The Executioner

dabidbaddblud will become famous soon enoughdabidbaddblud will become famous soon enough
I'd redo the old paint job!
CRPG #4 Ranger - Gillam
2003 Arctic Cat 500M FIS - The eXecutioner
Locking Front DIFF!! AC Winch, Front & Rear Bumper
Kenda Executioner's 27x12x12 x 4 on ITP Delta Chrome/Black
Titan 589's frt 25X8X12 rear 25X10X12

Custom MR Alum. Airbox, Snorkle, Dual Headlight On Handle Bars, 2" Reciever Hitch
Yahoo Photos
2006 F-350 SuperCrew 4X4 6.0L
1984 Dodge Daytona 2.2 Turbo - Speed in progress
1956 Chevy 210 Sedan - Restoration
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Jerry Culleton

Thanked 4,529 Times in 1,796 Posts
HOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSEHUNTER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
The rivets that I need to remove hold the piece I fabed up, the whole piece is NFG since buddy #3 (who came in late in the process and had to add his 2 cents worth, screwed up the alignment). Getting a torch and some stainless bolts/nuts to attach it when I do it again,lol

HH, that intrigues me, I was told that it was used mainly in Ontario for work and that it had been sitting in a farmers field for something like 10 years???? When roughly did you see it on the water last?????
Seen it lots on the red, say last 10 years and last seen was 2 years ago.....unless someone else is running around with "jaws" like that...lol,
Turbo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Mr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really nice
you can get aluminum rivets from Adams Supply.... they are pretty cheap!!

they have a few sizes.... i bought a ton, and re-did alot on my old aluminum boat... worked PERFECT!!

also... use Sica-flex, if your aluminum patch goes over other aluminum.... it bonds the 2... they will NEVER come apart!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Excitement For This Useful Post:
510Bulldog (04-04-2012), Turbo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Excitement View Post
also... use Sica-flex, if your aluminum patch goes over other aluminum.... it bonds the 2... they will NEVER come apart!!!
Where might I find that stuff???

There is no more paint on the boat,lol it was the first thing to go. Plan for the weekend is to bedliner the bottom and get some OD paint and have at 'er.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:26 PM
The Executioner

dabidbaddblud will become famous soon enoughdabidbaddblud will become famous soon enough
the sika flex is available from the body shop suppliers
CRPG #4 Ranger - Gillam
2003 Arctic Cat 500M FIS - The eXecutioner
Locking Front DIFF!! AC Winch, Front & Rear Bumper
Kenda Executioner's 27x12x12 x 4 on ITP Delta Chrome/Black
Titan 589's frt 25X8X12 rear 25X10X12

Custom MR Alum. Airbox, Snorkle, Dual Headlight On Handle Bars, 2" Reciever Hitch
Yahoo Photos
2006 F-350 SuperCrew 4X4 6.0L
1984 Dodge Daytona 2.2 Turbo - Speed in progress
1956 Chevy 210 Sedan - Restoration
The Following User Says Thank You to dabidbaddblud For This Useful Post:
Turbo (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Mr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really niceMr.Excitement is just really nice
You could also try Mid Canada Fasteners.. On route 90... They might have it too..
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM

So far:

New seats cut, coated 4x with spar varnish, and installed
Bottom painted
Put boat on trailer (thought I was done but decided to do the interior)
Painted interior

To do:

Need an aluminum tab (already fabbed up) welded onto the transom brace.

IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG IMG_0995.JPG IMG_0993.JPG

Still waiting on the Pleasure Craft Licence so I can get'er wet!!!....
mrhook (05-15-2012), punch (05-12-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 07:08 PM

Didnt you do the pleasure craft license online??? You get an immediate temp print out...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Excitement View Post
Didnt you do the pleasure craft license online??? You get an immediate temp print out...
That's the Pleasure Craft Operator Card, you need it to operate a boat with a motor. Got that one last year.

The Pleasure Craft Licence is a set of numbers that are required for boats powered by a motor 10hp or greater and go on the hull of your boat to help identify it to Law Enforcement and Search & Rescue in emergency situations.

Last edited by Turbo; 05-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
That's the Pleasure Craft Operator Card, you need it to operate a boat with a motor. Got that one last year.

The Pleasure Craft Licence is a set of numbers that are required for boats powered by a motor 10hp or greater and go on the hull of your boat tpohelp identify it to Law Enforcement and Search & Rescue in emergency situations.
yup my bad... read quick
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 AM
punch

Thanked 12,718 Times in 3,751 Posts
punch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond reputepunch has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats,,,,looking great,,,

toys:
07 700 ARCTIC CAT
clutch kit/hand gaurds/front & rear bumpers/29.5 outlaws
The Following User Says Thank You to punch For This Useful Post:
Turbo (05-12-2012)
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM
XTP

Ziptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really niceZiptie is just really nice
That boat is looking very nice!
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziptie For This Useful Post:
Turbo (05-12-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 07:22 PM
get the net

Thanked 1,052 Times in 464 Posts
mrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant futuremrhook has a brilliant future
Looks good there bud!

http://www.manitobasportsmen.com/ind...e-registration
http://www.nixoffroadmarine.ca/
"Why kill two birds with one stone, when you can kill six with a shotgun?"

Tags
starcraft