If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Trail Guide > Plan a Public Ride

Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,128 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
IORC, BRG, Belair Forest Club ride!

Hey TS Gang,

Just wanted to drop you all a line that the IORC, with the Belair Riders Group, will be hosting a Club ride in Belair June 24th 2012.

Come out and have fun, meet your fellow IORC and BRG members.

Details to follow as soon ad Revrend empties his phones inbox. LOL!

Shoe!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Paid Advertiser

Thanked 1,589 Times in 736 Posts
GIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Lets Ride!!!
Winnipeg East
925 Lagimodiere Blvd
(204) 233-3667
dgibson@ennsbros.com
www.ennspowersports.com
The Following User Says Thank You to GIBBIES For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (06-10-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Grease monkey will become famous soon enough
Sound like fun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grease monkey For This Useful Post:
GIBBIES (06-11-2012), Shoemaker (06-10-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Adrenaline Junky

REVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of light
I bumped into Shoe on Saturday in the middle of a down pour ( I was soaked) at the Stead Domo. So we had a chance to talk about the group ride while we waited for the rain to stop.

The ride will start at the South end of Northstar at the Stead entrance. We thought it would be fun to split into two groups at the start and join back up at the warm up hut.

One group will stick to the Northstar trail or other trails that are side by side friendly. The other group will take tight, twisty trails that parallel the Northstar. The tight twisty trail (named Corkscrew) is a dry narrow trail with very few straight sections. It is a technical ride that you can carry some speed on (sometimes). It's a good test to see if you know how wide your quad is...lol It's kind of like being at Speedworld with trees...lol

Eventually, we'll all end up in the same location. Once we re-join at the warm up hut, we can probably all stick together. We'll likely turn around near Traverse Bay/Birchwood/Hillside area.
If it's real dusty out, we may want to split up to reduce the dust for people. With all this rain, we might be good though!

I'm looking forward to this ride! I wonder how many people will show up!

Cheers!
Revrend
GIBBIES (06-11-2012), Shoemaker (06-11-2012), westof7tanya (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Grease monkey will become famous soon enough
Roughly what time is it going to start .is the corkscrew trail to tight for a side by side ? That sounds fun
Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM

marky-mark is on a distinguished road
approx how far is this ride.. will need gas & food!
Tiger tail tow rope
27" Zilla's
Front & back bush bumpers.
54" Warn snow plow
1984 Venture Royale.
2005 Electric Glide Classic w/ Fibro Concept trailer.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Adrenaline Junky

REVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of lightREVREND is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease monkey View Post
Roughly what time is it going to start .is the corkscrew trail to tight for a side by side ? That sounds fun
Yeah, that trail would be too tight for a side x side. Sorry! That's why we are going to split the group for a bit, otherwise we all go that way!

I'd say we should meet at 9:30 and be riding by 10:00. That way lunch will fit in nicely. It will also give the out of towners a chance to get out there.

Cheers!
Revrend

Last edited by REVREND; 06-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Adrenaline Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky-mark View Post
approx how far is this ride.. will need gas & food!
All the riding will be on trails. Gas will not be a problem. There are a couple of gas stations along the way. The ride will likely be around 100KM's round trip or so. Depending on the pace of the ride, we can easily add more to the ride if people want to go further. We'll make sure you go home tired...lol

We haven't figured out the lunch part yet. If ithe group is really large, it might take a long time if we stop at a restaurant. I guess we'll wait and see what the response is like before we nail down the lunch plans.

...at the same time, we thought it might be a good idea to bring the extra business to a local restaurant to show them what ATV's can do for them!!
Sportsman06 (06-16-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Queen b*tch :-)

Thanked 3,713 Times in 1,422 Posts
Just T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond reputeJust T has a reputation beyond repute
I might be in for this...will have to see closer to the date

Soon to be quadless

Newest old machine: 2012 Arctic Cat 425i SE - Black - stock tires...for now lol

Old machine: 2006 Yamaha Kodiak 450 - Red - 26" Mud Bugs
The Following User Says Thank You to Just T For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Hey TS gang,

Just to let you all know, it is a open ride, and all are very welcome. It is a sponsored ride by the IORC, and as such, would like to ask people to not bring alcohol to the ride. Family Ride. :)

Revrend and I are working out the final details to make it a fun/safe/callenging ride for everyone. As for food, due to the estimated number of riders coming to this event, It will be a bring your own Meat idea.

At one of the rest stops mid way ish, I will be setting up a BBQ and Shelter for the riders.
We have planned a gas stop, and make sure its at the 1/2 way point to make sure all will be ok.

If it sounds like we're winging it, we are, as we want it to be a great ride with something for everyone, with as much trials not to be repeated as possible.

This is our first club ride, be patient there will be more information coming. Revrend is working on meeting spot maps etc...

Along the way there will be pits to play in, 1 with some water for sure! wide open trails, twisty trials, a creek crossing that might be a challenge,
and really terrible senses of humor. Please plan for a long day and lets see what Momma Nature has in store for us.

Shoe.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Life's Too Short

Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,090 Posts
freelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond repute
wish i could make this one.

enjoy and ride safe !!
Polaris Lock & Ride Half Windshield
Polaris 3500lb Winch, Rock Sliders
Polaris XP Deluxe Front & Rear Brushguards
Polaris XP Lock & Ride Cargo Box
Garmin Montana 600, GoPro HD Motosports Hero Cam
2014 Yamaha SR Viper XTX SE Heat Red, 2011 AC Z1 LXR, 1990 Swiftsure Bowrider 90 HP Yamaha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freelance For This Useful Post:
REVREND (06-12-2012), Shoemaker (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Adrenaline Junky

We are excited to host a ride in the Belair Forest and look forward to meeting more riders.

The ride will be aprox. 100KM round trip. The nearest gas station is aprox. 40 KM from the parking lot. We will be providing a BBQ, snacks and some drinks. We ask that members bring their own meat for the grill though.

The ride will be a fun, safe and challenging ride for everyone. Along the way there will be a few un-active gravel pits to play in. The trails are mainly dry trails that vary in difficultly. Some trails are wide and you can carry some speed on them. Others, are more technical and challenging. Some of the tight twisty trails are not wide enough for a side x side though. Therefore, we are planning to split up the group a few times throughout the day so we can meet everyone’s needs. If there is interest, we can also take the group to some of the water holes. We will do our best to feel out the riders and try and pace the ride appropriately. No one will be left behind!

The ride is on Sunday, June 24th
Meet in the parking area at 9:30AM and we’ll riding by 10:00AM.

Cheers!
Revrend

Click here for an active Google map to the trail head:
https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=MB-59+N&daddr=MB-304+N&hl=en&ll=50.431814,-96.50013&spn=0.091305,0.222988&sll=50.202396,-96.680374&sspn=0.183494,0.445976&geocode=FT6j_QIdS AU7-g%3BFWKeAQMd4ltA-g&mra=me&mrsp=0,1&sz=12&t=m&z=13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parking Area.jpg (120.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Riding Area.jpg (154.4 KB, 59 views)
3Wheeler (06-13-2012), GIBBIES (06-12-2012), mailman (06-12-2012), Mrstrailboss330 (06-12-2012), Shoemaker (06-12-2012), tonym63 (06-13-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 PM

yamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud ofyamarider has much to be proud of
I would take the group to the abandoned satellite station near Traverse Bay corner,(if you don't have that planned already) it looks like you will be right by it. I take everyone by it when they visit the area and they all seem to enjoy seeing it.

Have a great ride! Looks like a great day!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamarider View Post
I would take the group to the abandoned satellite station near Traverse Bay corner,(if you don't have that planned already) it looks like you will be right by it. I take everyone by it when they visit the area and they all seem to enjoy seeing it.

Have a great ride! Looks like a great day!
Yeah your right! I forgot about adding that to the ride. When you ride past it all the time, you get used to it.

Thanks for the tip! Come on out and play!

Shoe.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Mrstrailboss330 is just really niceMrstrailboss330 is just really niceMrstrailboss330 is just really niceMrstrailboss330 is just really niceMrstrailboss330 is just really nice
Count MrT and me in, we love riding in the Bel Air forest and we have never found the satelite dish but have heard about it from a few people. Looking forward to the ride! I think it is a cool idea to split the group and have 2 trail options great idea! I am in for the twistie one and MrT will be with the sxs.
REVREND (06-12-2012), Shoemaker (06-12-2012), The L.O.G. (06-15-2012), tonym63 (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:11 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,264 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
will be there for sure :)
just one question, i have taken the twisty trail with my preditor and my rzr 570 is the same width. i would think a stock rzr like myself and shoe shoud make it. what u think shoe?
The Following User Says Thank You to tonym63 For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym63 View Post
will be there for sure :)
just one question, i have taken the twisty trail with my preditor and my rzr 570 is the same width. i would think a stock rzr like myself and shoe shoud make it. what u think shoe?
I know I can make it as I have done it. One thing you forgot tony is your longer. This make a big difference. I had to put it in reverse a few times on that trail. On the group ride, I will be taking the wider open trail. This way all the bigger, wider machines will be ok. Can't see anything past 50 inches wide making that trail, as a stock rzr was some work!

Was like NASCAR, rubbings racing!

Shoe.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Play Dirty :D

Skippie will become famous soon enough
This sounds like a great ride. I might see if I can find a sitter for my boys and finally get a ride in this year. Sure would love to see those rzr570s. Then maybe I could take turns bringing the little guys out

Is there a cap on numbers? I'd like to drag my neighbour out and my brother lives in Traverse Bay. If I can get his trike going he might be interested too
The Following User Says Thank You to Skippie For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Adrenaline Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippie View Post
This sounds like a great ride. I might see if I can find a sitter for my boys and finally get a ride in this year. Sure would love to see those rzr570s. Then maybe I could take turns bringing the little guys out

Is there a cap on numbers? I'd like to drag my neighbour out and my brother lives in Traverse Bay. If I can get his trike going he might be interested too

No, there is not a cap on the number of people.

Hope to see you there!

Rev
Shoemaker (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
The Great Ga-Shoe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippie View Post

Come on out, only thing we would request is that you wear a helmet, have a plate on your machine, and no booze. Bring your own food, we will make a BBQ available to everyone, and bring a good sense of humor.

I was going to type for the ladies clothing is optional, but my wife might read this. Lol. So ladies, please wear some cloths.

Shoe.

Tags
belair, forest