If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Can-Am ATV

Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 AM

Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,409 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Good front blade for a Can-Am Outlander Max

What is a good front blade for a 2005 Can-Am Outlander Max 400? Price, availability and how do they stand up? I know lots of members on this forum use front blades. I never had a blade for either quad that I owned.
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
I'm currently using a 72" Moose straight plow on my 05 King Quad 700 and it does a great job...

however

that said it's a bit too wide and over powers the steering in heavy snow ( I use chains on all four corners).

I used a 60" Moose County plow (the tapered one) previously and it was perfect!

The xtra 6" a side on the wider plow make it a bee-atch to steer in heavy snow since the plow turns the quad if the plow can't move the snow aside.....its fine for light to moderate snow conditions.

I used the 60" on my Vinsons (500cc) and they handled it no sweat as well so I think 60 Moose is the answer :)

As an aside.......I'm looking to swap the 72" for a 60' at this point.... .. the 60" Moose lasted 8 years and wore out 3 wear bars before it was retired (I need to re-weld some spots).

I plow hundreds of kms (really) of gravel roads in the Kenora area during a winter...my place...the neighbors place, the next neighbors place the road and so on... the only thing that has slowed me down on quad plowing is the addition of a real plow truck with an 84" blade so I can plow in the heated cab.

So my vote is Moose!
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 10:32 AM

BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenora View Post
I'm currently using a 72" Moose straight plow on my 05 King Quad 700 and it does a great job...

however

that said it's a bit too wide and over powers the steering in heavy snow ( I use chains on all four corners).

I used a 60" Moose County plow (the tapered one) previously and it was perfect!

The xtra 6" a side on the wider plow make it a bee-atch to steer in heavy snow since the plow turns the quad if the plow can't move the snow aside.....its fine for light to moderate snow conditions.

I used the 60" on my Vinsons (500cc) and they handled it no sweat as well so I think 60 Moose is the answer :)

As an aside.......I'm looking to swap the 72" for a 60' at this point.... .. the 60" Moose lasted 8 years and wore out 3 wear bars before it was retired (I need to re-weld some spots).

I plow hundreds of kms (really) of gravel roads in the Kenora area during a winter...my place...the neighbors place, the next neighbors place the road and so on... the only thing that has slowed me down on quad plowing is the addition of a real plow truck with an 84" blade so I can plow in the heated cab.

So my vote is Moose!
Thanks for your response!
With lots of extras.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 PM

can am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nice
Went with the 72 " can am blade have had it on a 800 and now on a 850 have used for about 8 years now they are a bit more $$$ but I have the got to get er done additude and have been quite rough with it over the years and it has taken the abuse quite well still straight as an arrow only issues with it was had to replace a couple of missing carriage bolts on cutting edge and paint is chipping in places I think can am has a narrower plow available also probable better suited for a smaller quad
The Following User Says Thank You to can am For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-21-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:16 PM

Zachary is on a distinguished road
I would recommend getting a mid mount instead of a front mount

2006 Arctic Cat Crossfire 700

1998 Arctic Cat Zl 500

SOLD-2004 TRX 400EX
The Following User Says Thank You to Zachary For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-21-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:32 PM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
Absolutely agree on the mid mount.... the Moose is a mid-mount btw!
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 01:30 AM

Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming!
With lots of extras.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Thanked 2,206 Times in 848 Posts
King Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond reputeKing Of Bling has a reputation beyond repute
Hey BRP Fan looks like you have another quad?
BRP Fan (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Bling View Post
Hey BRP Fan looks like you have another quad?
. No unfortunately it's not mine, my Nephew bought a used Can-Am Outlander Max 400 and he is new to Can-Am so I am giving him a hand with a few things. My health is no where near good enough to ride or buy a quad, maybe one day it will be! I sure miss our 2007 Can-Am Outlander Max 500!
With lots of extras.

Last edited by BRP Fan; 10-21-2017 at 11:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRP Fan For This Useful Post:
King Of Bling (10-22-2017), shaker (11-30-2017)
Old 10-22-2017, 09:47 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,876 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRP Fan View Post
. No unfortunately it's not mine, my Nephew bought a used Can-Am Outlander Max 400 and he is new to Can-Am so I am giving him a hand with a few things. My health is no where near good enough to ride or buy a quad, maybe one day it will be! I sure miss our 2007 Can-Am Outlander Max 500!
I was wondering the same thing... thought mayb u found the fountain of youth...
Was hoping you would point me in that direction
BRP Fan (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym63 View Post
I was wondering the same thing... thought mayb u found the fountain of youth...
Was hoping you would point me in that direction
Unfortantally I have not found the "fountain of youth" LOL!
Maybe one day I will be able to ride again but I have a long way to go before that would happen!
Thanks for your comment!
With lots of extras.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:38 AM

Pharic.270 will become famous soon enoughPharic.270 will become famous soon enough
I hope you get better as well!!!

Please see my post about changing over the winch cable to tow strap.

I'm not familiar what is available for the Can-am as far as widths, but I personally wouldn't go over 54" on a front mount. Mid mount 60". Wear and tear and snow conditions, what's one or two extra passes especially if the machine is struggling with 72" to the point chains are required.
Polaris mid windshield
26" Mudlites
Front bush bar
The Following User Says Thank You to Pharic.270 For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharic.270 View Post
I hope you get better as well!!!

Please see my post about changing over the winch cable to tow strap.

I'm not familiar what is available for the Can-am as far as widths, but I personally wouldn't go over 54" on a front mount. Mid mount 60". Wear and tear and snow conditions, what's one or two extra passes especially if the machine is struggling with 72" to the point chains are required.
Thanks! I too hope I am able to ride a quad again some time soon!
Thanks for your advise, it really means a lot to me!
With lots of extras.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 PM

Arrow is on a distinguished road
I use a mid mount 60" from CT on my 07 400 Max. Also put on the power blade angler from CT. After 5 years of use it is still performing very well.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:44 PM

adam411 is on a distinguished road
I use a 50" Quadivator blade on my 07 outlander 400. Very happy with it. Purchased from Adventure Power Products for around $400 about 3-4 years ago. Im not sure if they carry them anymore but its great. Takes about 15-20 min to put on and take off every season. Easy to use, easy to store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1440.jpg (526.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-07-2017, 12:09 PM

w o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to behold
I have a quadivater also from Adventure. 70in on my Rzr. I’m thinking more like 5 minutes to r and r and no brackets hanging on the machine. Easy to angle without getting off

78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts
Old 11-25-2017, 05:40 PM

Richter is on a distinguished road
This upcoming Tuesday sale starts at princess auto for a 52" blade for under $300. Looks descent.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:30 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by w o 7 mucker View Post
I have a quadivater also from Adventure. 70in on my Rzr. I’m thinking more like 5 minutes to r and r and no brackets hanging on the machine. Easy to angle without getting off
5 mins tops, one bolt and 2 straps. Drawback is it's a little lighter duty, but when your mounting on an atv what would you rather bend, the blade or the atv frame ?

Tags
blade, canam, front, outlander