If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > Kids Quads

Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 AM

Sarge has a spectacular aura aboutSarge has a spectacular aura about
Spark plug question

my neighbors got two of these made in china kiddy quads and allways had problems starting them, so when a good friend and i were inspecting why we noted that the spark plug was not arcking in the right place,instead of the ark being accross the top it was at the bottom so we looked around the shop and found a plug for my sons xl 80 and looked very close exept the china plug was an h and the honda is an r , or vice a versa, anyway it started no problem ran better than it ever has, could i be onto something ?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:05 AM
It's Hammertime!

Outlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond reputeOutlaw has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the "r" stands for resistor type plug.
***TREAD LIGHTLY***
----------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to Outlaw For This Useful Post:
blastergirl21 (12-17-2011)
Old 12-16-2011, 11:26 PM

shabby71 is on a distinguished road
Yes you are on the right track the plugs that come with these bikes don't work that great try NGK plugs or any name brand plugs for that matter.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:19 AM

05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold
We get the china honda knock off motors on water pumps and gen sets all the time. The first thing we do with the spark plug is throw it away and put a brand name in before we sell one of them. Or it will be back for sure.

Tags
question, spark