If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > Kids Quads

Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 1,600 Times in 588 Posts
polaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant future
Registration/Insurance

Legally do mini-quads require insurance/registration?

Does it matter for private property or crown land?

Say your kid is riding on someone's private property (with permission) and gets hurt or hurts someone else, would any insurance be available to cover such an event?

Just wondering...

Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM

frozenpolarbear is on a distinguished road

YES
Old 07-15-2011, 02:43 PM
The Devil's Advocate

polaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpolarbear View Post

YES
On private property?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Palssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond reputePalssonater has a reputation beyond repute
Probably for CYA purposes ya. On your private property, you are less likely to sue yourself etc. And of course the injured would not be insured.
'05 Honda Rubicon 500 CTE
27" OUTLAWS
Detroit Gearless Locker
Moose Lift Kit
Warn 3.0s Winch
60" Moose Plow
Garmin 60CS
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Gotta hunt!

lowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to all
Quad on your land=no legal requirement. Everywhere else=should have insurance. Crown land=must have.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanked 1,350 Times in 827 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
I was looking at the Off Road vehicles act, and it says all all terrain vehicles must be registered, regardless of where they are operated. I guess whether that is enforced is another matter.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:43 PM

Thanked 4,865 Times in 2,476 Posts
JoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond reputeJoeCool has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
I was looking at the Off Road vehicles act, and it says all all terrain vehicles must be registered, regardless of where they are operated. I guess whether that is enforced is another matter.
Part of this equation is if a mini-quad is an off road vehicle or a toy. I think there was some trouble a while back with them not having serial numbers and therefor not able to be registered. Or am I losing my mind... please don't answer, I already know.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:44 PM

Thanked 1,350 Times in 827 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
Part of this equation is if a mini-quad is an off road vehicle or a toy. I think there was some trouble a while back with them not having serial numbers and therefor not able to be registered. Or am I losing my mind... please don't answer, I already know.
Yeah, I was looking at the definition, seeing if there was some loophole. They made the definition pretty all encompassing, but the serial number issue might make it impractical and therefore not enforced.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Gotta hunt!

lowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to alllowandslow is a name known to all
Maybe kinda like guns without serial numbers. The govt sends you a sticker with numbers on it to put on your gun.

I believe that all orv's only have to be registered if operated on public property. Gov't can't force you to reg. a car when it sits in yer yard so why would it be different for an orv?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
The Devil's Advocate

I did a search and the MB Drivers and Vehicles Act says that registration is not required if you are operating on your own property or property that you lease. If you are on crown or anyone else's property, you require registration/insurance.
I'm pretty sure that all mini-quads have serial numbers. I'll have to check. Even the Bombardier DS 90 we have is Chinese.

Tags
registration or insurance