If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Track Kits

Old 03-21-2017, 07:01 PM

nuffsaid has a spectacular aura aboutnuffsaid has a spectacular aura about
Camoplast rubber splitting

I have a set of Tatoo 4S tracks first on my Honda 450 and now on my Can Am 800. The tracks are a 2013 model. I have only been on one ride this year and had a blast, then I broke my ankle, so I am watching the snow melt and can't go play.

Yesterday I was looking at the rubber on my tracks and I am seeing threads sticking up from the area that the bogies ride. Upon closer inspection, the rubber is tearing. I am seeing this on all of the tracks. These tracks have less than 200 miles on them and have been driven 99% on snow.

I sent an email to Camso and got a reply to contact my dealer. Well, my dealer went out of business shortly after selling me my tracks. This appears to me to be a factory defect, and now I am wondering if the rubber is going to rip apart.

Any one else have this happen?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:51 PM

My memory is bad, tracks are 2014 and tomorrow I am going to bring one to a dealer to have a look and see if camoplast will make good.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:15 AM

pioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to behold
Post pictures of splitting
Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 PM

IMG_20170410_172309902.jpg

Notice all the broken threads from the belts
Old 04-17-2017, 09:59 PM

pioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to behold
Is this on the inside or outside of track?
Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 AM

neech68 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys. The issue you are having is common for me. In four years I have gotten 4 sets of rubber on warranty from camoplast. They continually fall apart where the idler wheels run. They wheels will eventually go thru the track. I quit using my tracks for a year so now out of warranty. Tracks have failed again!! The last set where only used in the swamp, no gravel or pavement and still suffered the same problem. Camoplast has no idea why. My buddy has a set of tracks from another company. Has 4000+ km's on them. Runs on everything and doesn't even have a crack in his. These tracks I would never recommend to anyone!!!!change all my bearings in into wheels twice a spring during bear season! I could go on and on but you get my point
The Following User Says Thank You to neech68 For This Useful Post:
nuffsaid (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 AM

My dealer called the other day and is working with Camso, they asked for my year and model of ATV and approx. number of miles. I am hoping they will at least cover this first set of rubber. The splits are mostly on the outer part where the idlers run. Could this be because I am running these on a 2 seater that weighs more than the regular atvs, who knows. I hope they make this right. To go through 4 sets is just not good.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:58 AM

My last set did this on all tracks in 3 weeks! Mine are on a Grizzly. In my opinion I believe the narrow idler wheels are causing the issue. Being yours are on a side-by-side I assume they have the wide idlers? Snow running in the proper conditions can cause the snow to stick bad to the main drive wheel causing the tracks to get super tight. I used to carry a hammer to knock the ice off. Possible this was an issue with my very first set coming apart like this but not the last three. Camo was pretty easy getting my warranty dealt with. You will most likely have to cut the serial number out of the track for them
Old 04-27-2017, 09:48 AM

megrizzly will become famous soon enough
The threads showing are not uncommon and if camso will warranty them, go for it. But threads appearing are common in these track styles. There isn't a snowmobile made that doesn't have the same thing occurring. I just torch them off and they really haven't separated or shown more cordage in the last couple years.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:00 AM

Sorry but this is not like a sled track showing threads on the side. where the idler wheels run the tracks are totally failing to the point the wheels are coming thru. No they are not running to tight. I believe the narrow idler wheels and ruts do not like each other much. My buddy has a set of a different brand with wide idlers all around. Over 4000 kms on his. No t even a crack in his. Look back a few posts. There are pics posted. Everywhere you see the track threads is broken right thru the track
Old 05-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Just to be clear, my atv is a Can Am outlander max 2 up, not a side by side. It is heavy, and I do usually have a second passenger on board. I still haven't heard back from the dealer.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:10 AM

I talked to my dealer today. Camso said no to any warranty. 850.00 to replace the two rears.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:52 PM

I talked to Gary at atvtracks.net today and he recommended upgrading to the heavy work version of the bogie wheels. It will have eight bogies instead of 4 on the rear tracks. I sent him pictures of my rubber tracks and he is going to approach camso for me to see if they will help out. I ordered the heavy duty bogies to try.

Tags
camoplast, rubber, splitting