If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Homes Shops Garages

Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 PM

justgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to all
Garage Door Weatherstripping

Does anyone know where to buy the weatherstripping for the bottom of the garage door?
I am looking for the rubber that has bead ends that slide into a track to form a U shape. Mine has the 2 bead ends and all I can find are the T shaped ends at the big box stores.
" There is one thing in this world that is dumber than playing golf. That is watching someone else playing golf. What do you actually get to see? Thirty-seven guys in polyester slacks squinting at the sun. Doesn't that set your blood racing? -- Peter Andrews "
Old 10-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,896 Times in 1,790 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Got mine at Home Hardware in Selkirk - it was a while ago, but, as I recall they had at least two or three different configurations for different applications. Mine went on slick as whale shit on an ice flow..........
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM

KraDaddy will become famous soon enough
You can try "Allmar Internation"......they are located at
287 Riverton Ave, Winnipeg, near Stadacona St.

I picked up garage door weather stripping for the bottom of my doors a few years ago.

They also have a location on Logan Ave:

Allmar Overhead Door Division
405 Logan Ave
Phone: 204.668.2000
Toll Free: 800.665.8972

Good luck.....
The Following User Says Thank You to KraDaddy For This Useful Post:
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:09 AM
LeGyver

Thanked 4,726 Times in 2,013 Posts
Tinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond repute
Creative Door has for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinman For This Useful Post:
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:12 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
overhead door on Des Meurons has always had those hard to find parts
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrent For This Useful Post:
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:15 AM

khoss is on a distinguished road
Home depot sells them. They are by where the keep the garage door openers
The Following User Says Thank You to khoss For This Useful Post:
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM

Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,407 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I got mine at Rona, it came with the bottom seal and a round foam tubing that you slide into the bottom garage door seal. Makes for a real nice seal. If the door seal wants to roll back on the outer edges when the door is closed, use "tuck tape" I tried all kinds of things and nothing worked and even the pros had no fix for me until I tried tuck tape and it works like a charm! Hopefully this all makes sense if not I can take some pics and post them.
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

The Following User Says Thank You to BRP Fan For This Useful Post:
justgiver (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 01:05 PM

justgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to alljustgiver is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Creative Door has for sure
Thank you for all the replies.

Stopped at creative door and picked it up. $16.00 cheaper than Home Depot too.
" There is one thing in this world that is dumber than playing golf. That is watching someone else playing golf. What do you actually get to see? Thirty-seven guys in polyester slacks squinting at the sun. Doesn't that set your blood racing? -- Peter Andrews "
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justgiver For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (10-11-2017), Tinman (10-11-2017)

Tags
garage, weatherstripping