If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Can-Am ATV

Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 AM

Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,407 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Good front blade for a Can-Am Outlander Max

What is a good front blade for a 2005 Can-Am Outlander Max 400? Price, availability and how do they stand up? I know lots of members on this forum use front blades. I never had a blade for either quad that I owned.
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
I'm currently using a 72" Moose straight plow on my 05 King Quad 700 and it does a great job...

however

that said it's a bit too wide and over powers the steering in heavy snow ( I use chains on all four corners).

I used a 60" Moose County plow (the tapered one) previously and it was perfect!

The xtra 6" a side on the wider plow make it a bee-atch to steer in heavy snow since the plow turns the quad if the plow can't move the snow aside.....its fine for light to moderate snow conditions.

I used the 60" on my Vinsons (500cc) and they handled it no sweat as well so I think 60 Moose is the answer :)

As an aside.......I'm looking to swap the 72" for a 60' at this point.... .. the 60" Moose lasted 8 years and wore out 3 wear bars before it was retired (I need to re-weld some spots).

I plow hundreds of kms (really) of gravel roads in the Kenora area during a winter...my place...the neighbors place, the next neighbors place the road and so on... the only thing that has slowed me down on quad plowing is the addition of a real plow truck with an 84" blade so I can plow in the heated cab.

So my vote is Moose!
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo

Tags
blade, canam, front, outlander