If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > General Outdoor Discussion

Old 09-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcr700 View Post
I have a Samsung S5.. junk. Last year,in the winter when the cell gets real cold,the screen won't open up until it gets heat on it. I even got the ability to mess with it with developer options. .still useless . Had to revert to having the back light cranked lol. And just recently ,the ear piece became very quiet. And it's cranked up. When I'm making a call now ,I have use the speaker or Bluetooth to my car

Not sure what I'm going to get next. ..might get another Samsung lol. Maybe an S8
I have the S6 Edge and although for the most part I like the phone, I have had the charge port replaced in the first year and now it's giving me grief again. I have recently begun to have ads displayed on my phone at least a couple times a day.

I'm thinking of going back to the iPhone but the last one I had was replaced 2 times under warranty. I wish somoene would make a phone that would last the life of the lease agreement.
boak (09-01-2017), MADTRAPPER (09-01-2017), xcr700 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:09 PM

Thanked 6,609 Times in 2,621 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSheet View Post
I have the S6 Edge and although for the most part I like the phone, I have had the charge port replaced in the first year and now it's giving me grief again. I have recently begun to have ads displayed on my phone at least a couple times a day.

I'm thinking of going back to the iPhone but the last one I had was replaced 2 times under warranty. I wish somoene would make a phone that would last the life of the lease agreement.

planned obsolescence - a marketing tactic first created by General Motors includes planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life so it will become obsolete or broken (unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.

Apple frequently tells its investors they want to be world leader in using this strategy.

We got examples all over... stuff simply does not last as long as it used to (cheaper quality / shorter life) by design and decision. I still use a Chinese S4 I bought in China and when compared to the S4 sold in Canada the difference in feel is easy to spot. The S4 phone sold in China (same model and year) vastly better quality with more features than the Cdn version of same time.

S/S

Last edited by boak; 09-01-2017 at 05:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
StupidSheet (09-03-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:26 PM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSheet View Post

I'm thinking of an iPhone as well. . I know a lot of people with them ,seems very trouble free
The Following User Says Thank You to xcr700 For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (09-02-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Bleeding Red

ChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of lightChuckBlack is a glorious beacon of light
New iPhones to be announced September 12th. Expect current models to drop in price soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckBlack For This Useful Post:
xcr700 (09-04-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by boak View Post
planned obsolescence - a marketing tactic first created by General Motors includes planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life so it will become obsolete or broken (unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.

Apple frequently tells its investors they want to be world leader in using this strategy.

S/S
Oh tell me it isn't so!!!! LMAO! GM is definitly the world leader on this!

Oh shit did I say that out loud?
Old 09-03-2017, 08:11 PM
You want it when?

Thanked 2,178 Times in 918 Posts
skipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcr700 View Post
Oh sorry.. I was thinking about the old mts store beside EB games lol...

Bell/Mts is in the old "Source" store now. Telus is in the MTS store now in same strip mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 inch itp ss rims
SLEDLESS
GOT ARCTIC CAT GOT

Old 09-04-2017, 10:15 AM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Bell/Mts is in the old "Source" store now. Telus is in the MTS store now in same strip mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just drove through selkirk and saw the store. Thanks