If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Truck and Trailers

Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM

Bunyan is a glorious beacon of lightBunyan is a glorious beacon of lightBunyan is a glorious beacon of lightBunyan is a glorious beacon of lightBunyan is a glorious beacon of lightBunyan is a glorious beacon of light
costco tires

Whats the deal with purchasing tires from costco? Do you have to make an appointment and how much are the disposal fees? I realize there are install,sensor fees for each tire. Any insite would be appreciated.
1985 honda 250(hunting bike)
2006 Polaris 500 EFI
Kimpex footpeg/fender guards
2" rubberdown lift
Turner Axles
Old 10-18-2017, 01:52 PM

Thanked 1,049 Times in 644 Posts
510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold
Its first come first serve. No disposal fees. They charge for balance/nitrogen. Best deal on tires I have seen in the prov.
I had a nail in my tire and my other tires were low. They couldn't fix the tire they replaced it under warranty. Took all the others off cleaned rims, rebalanced them filled them with nitrogen.Cost me $5.00.
2008 Ski-Doo 800 Renegade (Black)
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel C.C. 4X4 Long Box
11 year Blk Lab aka Big boy
The Following User Says Thank You to 510Bulldog For This Useful Post:
Bunyan (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 04:08 PM

parkerbrotha will become famous soon enoughparkerbrotha will become famous soon enough
1010tires. would use them again and again. No one could touch their pricing.
The Following User Says Thank You to parkerbrotha For This Useful Post:
Bunyan (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 05:18 PM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Thanked 1,512 Times in 897 Posts
Ilovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond repute
4tires.ca or kxwheels or pcm tires
2007 650 H1 front and rear bumpers, HL springs, HL 2" lift, 27" Zilla's, snorked, re-jetted,
2006 F7 with some goodies
2005 ZR 900 SP EFI pushing 180 ponies
2002 edge x 700 with
2008 KQ 750 moose bumpers, 3" lift, HL springs, HL clutch kit, Custom Decals, Twin air, 29'5 LAWs
Old 10-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Come sailin' with LeCaptn

Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,138 Posts
LeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond repute
I like can tire. They will match and beat everyone of the dealers mentioned here. Their warranty is also second to none, especially for anything awd. It nice that you're able to go over 490 stores coast to coast with no issues. You dont even need a receipt to get your tires fixed.

Costco only has 97 across canada, but their bays are alot smaller. JMO
-front rear deluxe brush guards
-sport roof
-XP flares front, rear asylum extenders
-I'm sure there will be more to come....

You dont mess with THE ZOHAN!!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:59 PM

Thanked 1,371 Times in 929 Posts
850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCaptain View Post
I like can tire. They will match and beat everyone of the dealers mentioned here. Their warranty is also second to none, especially for anything awd. It nice that you're able to go over 490 stores coast to coast with no issues. You dont even need a receipt to get your tires fixed.

Costco only has 97 across canada, but their bays are alot smaller. JMO

The same stands for fountain tire, Kal tire and west end. The tires have a serial number. Fountain and all also offer free flat repair, tire rotation and balancing for life of the tire.... I would never buy another tire from Canadian tire. Their warranty is garbage because you get prorated on the msrp not the price you pay, itís Bs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to 850xpeps For This Useful Post:
randas (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 02:31 AM

sleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the rough
Like most of you bought many sets of tires over the years and was thinking Costco on my last but......before shopping for the winter tires I got a nail in other vehicle so went to Kal(new store close to home)....... they took off rim and fixed the hole and when it came time to pay I figured their computer was down because they said no charge have a nice day......I said thanks and they just said remember us when you go to buy your next set of tires and so I did. Sent other people there aswell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleeper For This Useful Post:
Grizzlypeg (10-20-2017), JeffGordon (10-19-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 01:39 PM

gasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850xpeps View Post
The same stands for fountain tire, Kal tire and west end. The tires have a serial number. Fountain and all also offer free flat repair, tire rotation and balancing for life of the tire.... I would never buy another tire from Canadian tire. Their warranty is garbage because you get prorated on the msrp not the price you pay, itís Bs.

I've got many free tires with can tires warrenty.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM

LeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond reputeLeCaptain has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Wouldnt it make more sense to be prorated on the msrp and not the price you pay?!?! If I get them down a 100 bux a tire, it would be in my favor right??

I like the fact that if your vehicle is a 4 wheel drive, they replace ALL the tires if one needs to be replaced. I'm pretty sure the others dont do that...at leat they didnt two years ago. I also like the fact that there are MANY can tires to bring my tires, unlike the businesses you mentioned.

As far as serial number, I dont need it. They look up my phone number and they know I bought them there. There is never any issue. I'm not sure the issues you had for the reasons you wont go back, I guess everyone has issues somewhere, but so far I've never had any (so far...)
-sport roof

Old 10-22-2017, 05:51 PM

sleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the rough
Not sure if they still have it but Canadian tire used to have a non pro rated warranty and they would replace the tire for a $5 deductible. I replaced all 4 of my tires like this in early 2000’s.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:46 PM

850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of
Quote:
Wouldnt it make more sense to be prorated on the msrp and not the price you pay?!?! If I get them down a 100 bux a tire, it would be in my favor right??

I like the fact that if your vehicle is a 4 wheel drive, they replace ALL the tires if one needs to be replaced. I'm pretty sure the others dont do that...at leat they didnt two years ago. I also like the fact that there are MANY can tires to bring my tires, unlike the businesses you mentioned.

As far as serial number, I dont need it. They look up my phone number and they know I bought them there. There is never any issue. I'm not sure the issues you had for the reasons you wont go back, I guess everyone has issues somewhere, but so far I've never had any (so far...)

When tires come on sale every second month why should I pay msrp? There are many of those companies across Canada as well.

Yes you need the serial number. You donít need it yourself. But they will check the tires before they do any warranty work.

Why would they replace all 4 tires on a 4wd? If they are the same size a tire thatís a little worn isnít gonna make a difference on anything. Your the one paying for them to replace them.

Last time I dealt with them they were swapping rubber over for me. Quoted me $120 to swap the 4 tires on my truck. Got a call an hour after I dropped it off saying they didnít realize my tires were 20Ē. I said so? Well itís harder to remove the tire...... I didnít think the tire machine cared. He wanted $15 a tire more. Told him to leave my truck alone. He said he was half done I said oh well put it back the way it was. And then all of a sudden $120 was enough.

Crooks.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:27 PM

new to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura about
I took my sister tire on rim back to Canadian tire it was 3 weeks old blew the outside sidewall right out they took it in back came back to tell me no warranty because looks like possible broken sping hit it i was laughing said to the kid so u think a broken spring hit it he was like ya that's common I said oh makes sense I am sure u seen lots he said very common I lol said how would the spring not touch the inside sidewall but reached the outter side lol
The Following User Says Thank You to new to can am 800 For This Useful Post:
Grizzlypeg (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
When tires come on sale every second month why should I pay msrp? There are many of those companies across Canada as well.

Yes you need the serial number. You donít need it yourself. But they will check the tires before they do any warranty work.

Why would they replace all 4 tires on a 4wd? If they are the same size a tire thatís a little worn isnít gonna make a difference on anything. Your the one paying for them to replace them.

Last time I dealt with them they were swapping rubber over for me. Quoted me $120 to swap the 4 tires on my truck. Got a call an hour after I dropped it off saying they didnít realize my tires were 20Ē. I said so? Well itís harder to remove the tire...... I didnít think the tire machine cared. He wanted $15 a tire more. Told him to leave my truck alone. He said he was half done I said oh well put it back the way it was. And then all of a sudden $120 was enough.

Crooks.
Are you serious about the "Why would they replace all 4 tires on a 4wd?"? If you dont know, if the tires are worn enough and one is new, it could damage the drivetrain....kinda like a polaris awd system. If one tire is out of sync, the drivetrain doesnt know what to do and things could get expensive.
-sport roof

Old 10-23-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Are you serious about the "Why would they replace all 4 tires on a 4wd?"? If you dont know, if the tires are worn enough and one is new, it could damage the drivetrain....kinda like a polaris awd system. If one tire is out of sync, the drivetrain doesnt know what to do and things could get expensive.

Do you know the amount of movement in a 4wd system? You do know that the fronts are open diffs and rear limited slip. They can move independent. What happens when you spin and only 1 tire spins?

A Polaris awd is not the same lol itís front diff locks solid when itís engaged and itís engaged by the rear tires spinning faster with use of a cage and rollers.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM

gasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of light
Idk what guy in there right mind would purchase tires from Costco. I don't even like going there for groceries. I'd honestly pay more than go into that store. People there are ridiculous the times I've went
Old 10-23-2017, 09:56 PM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=850xpeps;762884]Do you know the amount of movement in a 4wd system? You do know that the fronts are open diffs and rear limited slip. They can move independent. What happens when you spin and only 1 tire spins?

If all four tires are worn badly, and you only replace the rear ones for example. The transfer case will load up, causing the weakest part of the drive line to fail. Either the case or a differential. The differential with the new tires will either push, or pull the other one along causing the stress.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=gtrussell;762886]
Quote:
Do you know the amount of movement in a 4wd system? You do know that the fronts are open diffs and rear limited slip. They can move independent. What happens when you spin and only 1 tire spins?

If all four tires are worn badly, and you only replace the rear ones for example. The transfer case will load up, causing the weakest part of the drive line to fail. Either the case or a differential. The differential with the new tires will either push, or pull the other one along causing the stress.

If heís claiming warranty on bald tires Iíd understand but weíre not getting that silly are we? Assuming half tread life there isnít gonna be any issues of ďloading upĒ. Another thing is if your running 4wd on bare pavement.... not sure what to say.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:

A Polaris awd is not the same lol itís front diff locks solid when itís engaged and itís engaged by the rear tires spinning faster with use of a cage and rollers.

If you dont like can tire, I'm not here to tell you to like them. Do as you wish...but please, if you're gonna argue about something, at least do a bit of research first.

Since your smarter than everyone else...

http://www.souzastireservice.com/tir...g-awd-4wd.aspx

http://www.3si.org/forum/f35/differe...22/index3.html

https://www.lesschwab.com/learn/arti...ur-awd-vehicle

http://autoforums.carjunky.com/Autom...ehicle_P74382/

http://www.weareaccurateautomotive.c...vehicle-Beware

I hope you get the point...if not, its up to you. Happy reading.
-sport roof

Old 10-23-2017, 10:46 PM

costco tires

Quote:
If you dont like can tire, I'm not here to tell you to like them. Do as you wish...but please, if you're gonna argue about something, at least do a bit of research first.

Since your smarter than everyone else...

http://www.souzastireservice.com/tir...g-awd-4wd.aspx

SORRY FOR THR CAPS NOT SURE HOW TO CHANGE COLOR.

THIS ONE STATES TIRES SHOULDNT BE FAR APART IN CIRCUMFRENCE. NOTHING ABOUT ACTULLAY MEASUREMANTS.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f35/differe...22/index3.html

THIS ONE STATES MUST BE THE SAME SIZE....OBVIOUSLY WERE NOT DISPUTING THAT THE TIRE MUST BE THE SAME SIZE.

https://www.lesschwab.com/learn/arti...ur-awd-vehicle

http://autoforums.carjunky.com/Autom...ehicle_P74382/

ONCE AGAIN ONE TIRE WAS THE WRONG SIZE. DIFFERENT WIDTH ON SAME ASPECT RATIO MADE THE TIRE SHORTER.

http://www.weareaccurateautomotive.c...vehicle-Beware

SHOWS THE DIFFERENCE IN SUPPOSDULY THE SAME SIZE TIRE. POINT BEING THAT A TIRE THATS 1/4Ē shorter because of wear isnít gonna harm anything.

I hope you get the point...if not, its up to you. Happy reading.

I donít think I get your point. Iím not saying Iím smarter than anyone. But you canít tell me if you have 4 tires that are at half tread and one fails that you it ma me sense to do all 4. I would most likely do 2 and keep the worn one for a spare. Just so rotations can be easier. If your tires are near the end of their life thatís a different story but thatís not part of the conversation.

Research doesnít prove anything without knowledge of how a system works. I agree awd systems are tighter toleranced. Yes most 4wd drive systems are shift on the fly now and spin the front diff while moving. But itís an open diff lol they can spin different directions without harm. A posi diff wonít recognize the difference in a tire that a little bit worn. I would however keep the tires on the same axle at the same wear depth. That doesnít mean they are the same size as tires arenít all identical. I hope you get the point.

Last edited by 850xpeps; 10-23-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I donít think I get your point. Iím not saying Iím smarter than anyone. But you canít tell me if you have 4 tires that are at half tread and one fails that you it ma me sense to do all 4. I would most likely do 2 and keep the worn one for a spare. Just so rotations can be easier. If your tires are near the end of their life thatís a different story but thatís not part of the conversation.

I read somewhere that anything different than 2/32 (could be wrong) on any of the 4 corners can wreck the drivetrain on a awd.

Look, if you dont wanna change it, dont. I just gave you five pages that say otherwise. Google it a little more and you'll see hundreds more. I like cant tires warranty for this aspect. Costs 12 bux a tire, and you know all your rubber will be replaced. I wouldnt get it for a non awd car though as their 5 year prorated is good enough.

Anyway, nice chatting. If you want to take the risk, by all mean have at er. Wont be wrecking my day or night either way. Have a good one.
-sport roof

Tags
costco, tires