If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Truck and Trailers

Old 10-24-2017, 08:53 AM

vinny will become famous soon enough
Here is my experience with cdn tire warrany. i bought a set of tires for my truck one and half year later while changing out my upper and lower ball joints i notice the i had some deep cracks in the side wall so i checked my other tires all of them had the same cracking to the point i was very concern all through the lettering. Grab my receipt and off to cdn tire. Go to the clerk at the auto desk and told them my problem dosent even go and look at it and says not covered. I told them these had to be a defective batch and after a few minutes of arguing with clerk i finally told the clerk to give me a written proof of the denied claim so i can use it to sue them when my tire blows out on the highway. Now the clerk finally decides to get the supervisor WOW! The supervisor now goes and inspect my tires and 30 minutes later comes out and says come back tomorrow and we will replace all four tires . So i got 4 new tires and just paid for install 68$. They had the best price at the time but WOW you have to ***** to get service.
Thats was my experience
Old 10-25-2017, 03:34 PM
rj

rjsnowdrifter will become famous soon enoughrjsnowdrifter will become famous soon enough
I used Costco for Michelins last year. Great value and great service. I highly recommend.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
rj

rjsnowdrifter will become famous soon enoughrjsnowdrifter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
Like most of you bought many sets of tires over the years and was thinking Costco on my last but......before shopping for the winter tires I got a nail in other vehicle so went to Kal(new store close to home)....... they took off rim and fixed the hole and when it came time to pay I figured their computer was down because they said no charge have a nice day......I said thanks and they just said remember us when you go to buy your next set of tires and so I did. Sent other people there aswell.
I recommend Kal Tire as well as Costco
Old 10-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Kal tire. Been to two different locations with the work vehicle. Last place I would go.

Westend Tire has treated us well!
Old 10-26-2017, 10:49 AM

tldltd1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSheet View Post
I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Kal tire. Been to two different locations with the work vehicle. Last place I would go.

x2 Kal Tire has slipped in their service and I will never go back.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:39 AM

can am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nice
I'm making some popcorn this is better than anything I can find on tv right now��
The Following User Says Thank You to can am For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,800 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Got two estimates for tires for my Honda Ridge Line today..........one est from Canadian Tire and one from Costco.
Canadian Tire Sale started today and for the same tire.........Costco kicked their ass by $ 200.00
So, where the rubber meets the road, Costco gets my business !!

Last edited by barkerlakebob; 10-26-2017 at 11:09 PM. Reason: ............spelling correction..............
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barkerlakebob For This Useful Post:
polaris_dave (10-26-2017), rjsnowdrifter (10-29-2017), StupidSheet (10-28-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 PM

randas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSheet View Post

Kal tire somehow managed to wreck my spare tire winch when they kept cranking and cranking on it when the tire wouldn't snug up to the body... because they put the tire on the winch upside down..

Last time I dropped off a flat with them I go to pick it up and its still flat when they roll it out for me. I ask do you normally not air up a tire after a repair? Sure enough they never touched it in the three days I left it with them.

Can tire same story. Got a set of duratracks at the unicity location this summer. Stopped in made and arrangements for the next day, managed to get picked up and dropped off by a co-worker, no small feat seeing I don't work or live in winnipeg. Truck sat there 6am to 6pm and they diddnt touch it, took them 20 minutes running around scratching their heads to even find the keys. Second time was the charm the next day but thats not even the best part.

Three days later I notice a small shake on the hwy. Two studs SHEARED OFF my $500 one year old front hub. The remaining lug nuts required a 5' cheater pipe to get off, my impact wouldn't touch them.

Apparently my fault for not coming back the next day to get my lug nuts re-torqued.

This is why I never take my vehicles to a shop for anything other than tires and safeties.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randas For This Useful Post:
rjsnowdrifter (10-29-2017), StupidSheet (10-28-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:53 PM

new to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by randas View Post
Kal tire somehow managed to wreck my spare tire winch when they kept cranking and cranking on it when the tire wouldn't snug up to the body... because they put the tire on the winch upside down..

Last time I dropped off a flat with them I go to pick it up and its still flat when they roll it out for me. I ask do you normally not air up a tire after a repair? Sure enough they never touched it in the three days I left it with them.

Can tire same story. Got a set of duratracks at the unicity location this summer. Stopped in made and arrangements for the next day, managed to get picked up and dropped off by a co-worker, no small feat seeing I don't work or live in winnipeg. Truck sat there 6am to 6pm and they diddnt touch it, took them 20 minutes running around scratching their heads to even find the keys. Second time was the charm the next day but thats not even the best part.

Three days later I notice a small shake on the hwy. Two studs SHEARED OFF my $500 one year old front hub. The remaining lug nuts required a 5' cheater pipe to get off, my impact wouldn't touch them.

Apparently my fault for not coming back the next day to get my lug nuts re-torqued.

This is why I never take my vehicles to a shop for anything other than tires and safeties.
What did they do that they were so tight cross thread them lol
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Thanked 1,462 Times in 617 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
they torqued the shit out of them with a impact gun, too lazy to use a torque wrench is my guess
Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
No they do a light torque on them and expect you to come back within 100kms. Same thing happened to my daughters car except the rim actually came off the car on the highway. She called me in hysterics. Broke 3 studs and started to wreck the rim. They are too lazy to torque a rim by hand the first time to avoid this problem. I will still buy tires there as their sales are decent at times but I will also retorque my tires myself when I get home.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:48 PM

ridgerider will become famous soon enoughridgerider will become famous soon enough
Tbh I don't know of any shop that does a "light" torque - most shops including my own snug with an impact and then do a final hand torque - we make sure to remi d customers to return within 100 km or so for a retorque or for the customer to check the nuts themselves. The customers that say "if you torque them right the first time they wouldn't come loose" I just smile and say well I told you lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ridgerider For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (10-28-2017), new to can am 800 (10-28-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 07:19 PM

sportsman800VR will become famous soon enoughsportsman800VR will become famous soon enough
Hereís how the rim on the wifeís escape came back from kal tire in steinbach. After 8 months of fighting with them, and them ignoring my calls Iíve given up. Def will never spend another dime there and wonít recommend them to anyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04277F10-33A0-4B2E-BC74-3953D409DA88.jpg (546.6 KB, 21 views)
'04 Ford F 150 FX4 stepside red, 2.5 lift, true dual exhaust, programmed, 35 BFG all terrain T/A KO2s'09 Polaris RZR red, half windshield, 3500lb winch, bighorns on SS108s, epi clutch kit, S flairs, prerunner bumpers, LED lights, sport roof, lift, stereo, 1.5wheel spacers, lock and ride box, Pro armor doors'91 Indy 500 sks'95 xcr 600
The Following User Says Thank You to sportsman800VR For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (10-28-2017)

Tags
costco, tires