If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > General Outdoor Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Sweater Puppets

Thanked 2,295 Times in 1,055 Posts
HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelance View Post
Iím told a good 12 inís north of Vermilion Bay with more snow coming tomorrow. Iíll let you know.
I think someone might be exaggerating a tad when they told you that, there may have been 12" but it's settled to about maybe 3". Better than nothing though? Lakes are freezing, Perrault had ice as did Cedar as of today. Not completely covered, but it's a start!
freelance (11-11-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 07:38 PM

kikdurazz is a glorious beacon of lightkikdurazz is a glorious beacon of lightkikdurazz is a glorious beacon of lightkikdurazz is a glorious beacon of lightkikdurazz is a glorious beacon of lightkikdurazz is a glorious beacon of light
our lake froze over on Monday night it's small my neighbor drove his sled across last night. I made my way across this afternoon. making good ice. hopefully the snow blanket stays off for a little while.
2.5" Rubberdown Lift Kit
1.5" Stealth Snorkel
Vent line rerouted
RR rear seat and guards
Warn 25 XT winch

The Following User Says Thank You to kikdurazz For This Useful Post:
freelance (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Life's Too Short

Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,589 Posts
freelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRL View Post
I think someone might be exaggerating a tad when they told you that, there may have been 12" but it's settled to about maybe 3". Better than nothing though? Lakes are freezing, Perrault had ice as did Cedar as of today. Not completely covered, but it's a start!
Got to my place in Perrault Falls Tonight around 6pm. It was dark all the way up 105 so I couldn't see any of the lakes. Easily a foot of snow on my deck. Couldn't drive all the way in......had to walk the last 150 yds. And another 2 inches has fallen since I shoveled the deck. Hwy 17 and 105 in great shape at least today. I've got lots of firewood to split over the next 3 days !!

Last edited by freelance; 11-11-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Life's Too Short

freelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond reputefreelance has a reputation beyond repute
Had to shovel the deck again this morning. Another 3 inches fell overnight. The lake is frozen and now covered by snow !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0CCE1DA7-6376-48A4-AF70-04C8C82FFAC5.jpg (527.2 KB, 19 views)
HRL (11-11-2017), TOOTHPICK (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Sweater Puppets

HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Had to shovel the deck again this morning. Another 3 inches fell overnight. The lake is frozen and now covered by snow !!
Cool. I pulled all our equipment out of the dump road on Monday and there wasn't nearly that much snow.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Life's Too Short

Quote:
Cool. I pulled all our equipment out of the dump road on Monday and there wasn't nearly that much snow.
Have you been working on the highway all summer ?.....or logging back in there ???
Old 11-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Sweater Puppets

Quote:
Have you been working on the highway all summer ?.....or logging back in there ???
Logging. We're in April right now and moving to Windfall then Snake Falls.
freelance (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Life's Too Short

Quote:
Logging. We're in April right now and moving to Windfall then Snake Falls.

LOL !!! I follow you guys around and get my firewood after you leave. I'm familiar with the other 2 but don't know Snake Falls.

Spent all day splitting firewood the old fashion way from wood I got from behind the Perrault Falls dump. Barely made a dent in my woodshed and I'm exhausted. Looking forward to a log splitter for Xmas.

Check how much snow is on the roof of the cottage already !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (282.1 KB, 33 views)
HRL (11-12-2017), tonym63 (11-11-2017)

Tags
ontario, travel