If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > TrackShare Lounge

Old 12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Only the good die young.

Thanked 1,226 Times in 624 Posts
muddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond repute
pin number

Good to know just in case.

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money From

An ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your

Pin # in Reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in

4321. The ATM Recognizes That your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you

Placed in the Machine.

The machine will still give you the money you requested, but

Unknown To the robber,

The police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it

States that it

Is

Seldom used

because people don't know it exists.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
LETS RIDE

OutlanderLady is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I did a little bit of searching and this is a link I came up with that gives you all the info.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/atm-911.htm

Summary of the eRumor:
An alert that if you ever find yourself in a scary situation at a banking ATM machine, such as a thief forcing you to withdraw cash, just enter your personal identification number (PIN) backwards. That will automatically send a message to the police that you are in trouble and they will respond to the machine. The eRumor says that most people don't know about this.

The Truth:
The eRumor is false because there isn't anywhere that we could find where this emergency procedure at ATM machines is actually being used.

Nice Idea.. but at this time its not being used.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Only the good die young.

Thanked 1,226 Times in 624 Posts
muddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond reputemuddyguy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the reseach OutlanderLady ,i was just trying to (copy/paste) as this is my first time doing it,thought that it would be a good one to try and post from my email.Sorry next time I will check it out before i post .Still new to the computer thing .
Old 12-07-2006, 08:39 PM
LETS RIDE

OutlanderLady is on a distinguished road
You are very welcome Muddyguy. I have found the easiest way to search things like this is with google. Its still a great idea too bad the banks don't seem to think so yet.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:42 PM
No Vowel Language

Grtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond reputeGrtwhthntr has a reputation beyond repute
I guess if you had a pin like 444 or 5665 you would be SOL!!

Speed is irrelevant when you are going in the wrong direction.....
He who follows the path of least resistance is missin' all the fun.....
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Registered Abuser

B Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond reputeB Man has a reputation beyond repute
well i'll try it tomorrow and let you guys know!!!

'05 Brute Force 750i - 28" silver backs, ITP wheels, MIMB snorkles, ViperMax 3500 winch, Amsteel rope, ASR tie rods.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:55 AM

Mr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of light
if you punch in your pin backwards, it won't let you take money out, it will tell you incorrect password.. security on cards is why you have a pin....
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,069 Posts
Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond reputeWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Oh well.. you still get a "thanks" 'cause the thought was there ...
Old 12-08-2006, 11:01 AM

Quad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond reputeQuad Gal has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Oh well.. you still get a "thanks" 'cause the thought was there ...
from me too Muddyguy......keep on trying!! thanks QG.

Tags
number