If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Motobishi/Other ATV's

Old 04-23-2015, 10:52 PM

oaktree is on a distinguished road
Rear shocks

Hello was wondering if anyone would have the answer I'm looking for replacement rear shocks for a 2005 john deere trail buck 500.
where would be the best place to find these I don't see any markings on them to even know what to ask for.
Thanks
Old 04-24-2015, 11:09 AM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree View Post
Hello was wondering if anyone would have the answer I'm looking for replacement rear shocks for a 2005 john deere trail buck 500.
where would be the best place to find these I don't see any markings on them to even know what to ask for.
Thanks
Hi Oaktree,

Welcome to Trackshare!

The 2005 John Deere Trail Buck 500 is a Green and Yellow painted BRB (CanAM) Traxter 500.

I would go do the JD dealership and ask them what the replacement shocks cost would be, get a response, and then leave promptly.

I would then go to a CanAm dealership and ask them for a price quote on 2005 Traxter shocks. Compare the 2 prices, and leave promptly.

Ebay has a used pair for $100.00 USD + $15.00 Shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-BOMBARD...89cee0&vxp=mtr

Or go online shopping for them.... EX. $75.00 USD each,
http://www.canampartshouse.com/oempa...ear-suspension
Get 2 of #7. dismantle your old shocks, and transfer the parts onto the new shock.

Looked on Kijiji Found a cool bag for your ride!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv-parts-tra...ationFlag=true

Also, Contact some of the Vendors thats sponsor Trackshare, they might be willing to help you out with some after market options.

Happy shopping,

Moo.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:54 PM

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to oaktree For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (04-24-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 PM

bramsey will become famous soon enoughbramsey will become famous soon enough
Hi Oaktree

"Do you have the measurements off your shocks, I may have some new ones that would fit it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bramsey For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (04-28-2015)
Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 PM

Its out of town right now I'll have it on the weekend where do I measure center of bolt to center of bolt ?
Thanks
Old 04-28-2015, 10:04 PM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree View Post
Its out of town right now I'll have it on the weekend where do I measure center of bolt to center of bolt ?
Thanks
Be sure to jack the machine off the ground so the tires are hanging free, then measure them from center of each bolt.

Moo.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:01 PM

Sorry for the slow response I come up with 14" for the front and 18"for the back does this sound right.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:30 AM

bramsey will become famous soon enoughbramsey will become famous soon enough
I'll compare to what I have and see if they will work.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
More important then the length of the shocks would be the compressed length. no sense having shock thats don't let your suspension compress fully.

Tags
shocks