If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Accesories

Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
pushing snow w/ loader on compact tractor

well.... always heard +'s and -'s of pushing snow with a blade or add on bucket attached to a loader on a tractor.

Anyways $700 gets a guy a front mount snow bucket for a compact tractor. Looks strong and efficient.

I read on some forumns pushing snow with your loader may risk bending the loader but I see commercial co's doing it in parking lots, etc....

Anyways for $700 going to give it a try

I would rather have a snowblower thats for sure but new blowing at 3X the price vers. a pusher I will try a pusher for now. This one made by Long industries stateside
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (57.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (21.4 KB, 472 views)

Last edited by boak; 01-30-2011 at 05:12 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
Bister (01-30-2011), BRP Fan (01-31-2011), Ditch_pickle (01-30-2011), dycksden (01-31-2011), Sierraspirit (01-31-2011), Tracstar (01-31-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 05:02 PM

darkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the roughdarkstar is a jewel in the rough
i have a blade that attatches to a trailer hitch at work... first year with it and so far its been good to us. works in 2x4 but 4x4 is better. if your good with your mirrors you cant go wrong.. it piles snow about 4feet just by making a pile.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM

WHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to beholdWHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to beholdWHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to beholdWHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to beholdWHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to beholdWHITEINDIAN is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
i have a blade that attatches to a trailer hitch at work... first year with it and so far its been good to us. works in 2x4 but 4x4 is better. if your good with your mirrors you cant go wrong.. it piles snow about 4feet just by making a pile.
yea most things pile if you make a pile....................
Old 01-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Thanked 5,649 Times in 1,971 Posts
Bister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good.

There are risks, but if you know the area you are pushing (like your own drive) and what is under the snow, the risk will be greatly minimized, lol

What kind of bottom edge is on that pusher?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bister For This Useful Post:
boak (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,470 Posts
Ditch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond repute
When are you coming over to try out your new toy in my yard... Drive way needs some attention...

FYI: I'm Baaaaack !!!!!!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 27" Grim Reapers
with too many mods... to the point
they will not all fit in this box

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ditch_pickle For This Useful Post:
boak (01-30-2011), BRP Fan (01-31-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM

boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch_pickle View Post
When are you coming over to try out your new toy in my yard... Drive way needs some attention...
tractor/loader/backhoe still 4 weeks away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bister View Post
Looks good.

There are risks, but if you know the area you are pushing (like your own drive) and what is under the snow, the risk will be greatly minimized, lol

What kind of bottom edge is on that pusher?
replacable steel wear strip.
going on B2620, loader, backhoe

Old 01-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanked 5,649 Times in 1,971 Posts
Bister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
tractor/loader/backhoe still 4 weeks away

replacable steel wear strip.
going on B2620, loader, backhoe
still not here? your going to need a pump instead of a snow bucket by time it comes. lol

The town here picked up that B2920 I showed you, We got the blower mounted on it, it works pretty good. The mount that came with it wasn't the right one, so Murray's in Russell got everything in and put it together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bister For This Useful Post:
boak (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Rottiman

Rottiman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
well.... always heard +'s and -'s of pushing snow with a blade or add on bucket attached to a loader on a tractor.

Anyways $700 gets a guy a front mount snow bucket for a compact tractor. Looks strong and efficient.

I read on some forumns pushing snow with your loader may risk bending the loader but I see commercial co's doing it in parking lots, etc....

Anyways for $700 going to give it a try

I would rather have a snowblower thats for sure but new blowing at 3X the price vers. a pusher I will try a pusher for now. This one made by Long industries stateside
Been running my Case DX25 for four years now with the 48" material bucket on my loader. Made 2 - 12" add ons that bolt onto either side of the bucket. I can push & stack alot of snow three times faster than any blower. I have over 3600 sq feet of driveway to clear. I can plow my entire
place in less than an hour. You couldn't give me a blower.

Welcome to Ontario, led by the village idiot,Dalton McGinty and his "TAX YOU TO DEATH" liberal kling-ons......................

Last edited by Rottiman; 01-30-2011 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rottiman For This Useful Post:
boak (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bister View Post
still not here? your going to need a pump instead of a snow bucket by time it comes. lol

The town here picked up that B2920 I showed you, We got the blower mounted on it, it works pretty good. The mount that came with it wasn't the right one, so Murray's in Russell got everything in and put it together.
I went with the 2620 as the price was just to good to be true.

Picked it up stateside and the wait is for the backhoe. Dealer didn't have it in stock and instead of making a special trip / delivery for him to get it told him to simply wait and order with his regular monthly order. Saves him a few $'s in getting 1 piece delivered and no skin off my teeth to wait a month.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
Bister (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Uber Duber User

hannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud ofhannibal has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottiman View Post
Been running my Case DX25 for four years now with the 48" material bucket on my loader. Made 2 - 12" add ons that bolt onto either side of the bucket. I can push & stack alot of snow three times faster than any blower. I have over 3600 sq feet of driveway to clear. I can plow my entire
place in less than an hour. You couldn't give me a blower.
And see I'm the exact opposite. I have a 2005 New Holland TC33DA with a 60" bucket and hate using the bucket for snow. 3 point hitch snowblower (I had a 72" on there which was a little big for it) and just last week bought a 60" with a remote hydraulic chute. The problem with plowing / using the bucket is that we are in a high wind area, and I get terrible drifting. So I like to blow the snow clear of the sides of the driveway, I also don't clear my path to our woodpile regularly, and today the tractor blew itself through 3 feet of snow with no problem around 200 feet a nice path the woodpile. The blower is very handy to have.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Rated RU F'IN KIDDING ME?

ltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to beholdltr450kid is a splendid one to behold
blower is great if the winds high, problem with a pusher is that it only pushes so much and then it loses traction. we clear all our snow at work using a blower on a gehl 4840! USED To use the gehl next week im sure we will be using our new c190 from TwoStroke who hooked up a good deal on a new NEWHOLLAND c190 all i can say is this thing is a tank was pushing 7' frozen piles with ease and the lift height is sick !
Got Mud (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Always makin' tracks

Thanked 2,293 Times in 830 Posts
Tracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Nice rig, boakley. You should have no problems if you keep your pushes straight. Lift arms start to bend when sideways pressure is applied. If you start to spin out, just lift and dump some of your load. Please post some pictures when you get your backhoe. Thanks. Tracstar

2014 Terralander 800EFI EPS. 2014 Camoplast T4S Tracks
The Following User Says Thank You to Tracstar For This Useful Post:
Smittyhonda (02-10-2011)

Tags
compact, loader, pushing, tractor