If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Accesories

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM

Bin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to behold
winch service

I bought some winch rope off of Vinnie and he told me when i install the rope i should service the winch at the same time.How do you service the winch what do i do and how do i do it?It's a new 2500lb warn rt.Thanks
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Quads add spice to life

Thanked 1,199 Times in 584 Posts
The Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond repute
Check with GrtWhtHntr or Maxter. They take them apart, grease them and seal them up. I need to do it also sometime this winter. I could be wrong
2nd -2 - 350 Honda Foutrax
3rd - 06 Vinson
4th - The King 750,08
5th - 2011 Camo Commander 1000XT.
Bit of a break, bought a S2000 for now
Old 12-16-2007, 11:18 PM
too aggressive

optima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to beholdoptima23 is a splendid one to behold
if its brand new never used i wouldnt service it...

1999 Polaris 335 Sportsman 2.5 warn winch, AGM battery !!!!OFFICAL TRACKSHARE POLARIS 800 EFI BOOSTER!!!!!
1998 Polaris Indy Trail

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI Red in color
NEW to the garage
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4X4i
Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Bin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to beholdBin muddin is a splendid one to behold
service

It's about six months old ,and it's been used plenty
Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
No Worries, Be Happy

Thanked 2,182 Times in 565 Posts
Maxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond repute
If you ride in the deeper water and mud you should consider servicing it. If you don't then I wouldn't concern myself about it. With it being the R/T model it is supposed to be sealed. Problem is they haven't been around long enough to know if they really are sealed all that well. So if your a water and mud rider I'm going to say clean it and tell us what you find.

To service it you must remove the winch first. (BTW, if your not going to service it you do not need to remove the winch to install the rope on the grizz).
Strip the winch including the motor. wash it out with varsol, repack the gears with a low temp, extreme pressure grease. If the motor section is dirty be sure to clean the armature by digging the dirt out of each of the grooves. reassemble.

here is a file with a pic of the schematics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf warnRT.pdf (439.7 KB, 24 views)
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope,28" Outlaws
Garmin Gps map60csx Montana 600

HERS
2011 Can-Am 650 Max XT
27" Mudlite XTR's, Garmin Gps map60csx
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope

Tags
service, winch