If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Homes Shops Garages

Old 01-04-2017, 03:04 PM

khoss is on a distinguished road
Furnace or HRV issue???

When it is really cold out lately (like today) my furnace has a hard time getting up to the programmed temp. Is this an issue with my furnace or is it an HRV setting issue??

Both my intake and exhaust vents are clear of snow.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Outlander 800R XT

rick22 will become famous soon enoughrick22 will become famous soon enough
I would say it is probably your furnace. 1 or more elements are not coming on. If it is an older furnace, it is most likely a sequencer.
Rick
Old 01-04-2017, 09:46 PM

trapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoss View Post
When it is really cold out lately (like today) my furnace has a hard time getting up to the programmed temp. Is this an issue with my furnace or is it an HRV setting issue??

Both my intake and exhaust vents are clear of snow.

Thanks
If your HRV is running on low it will be hard to keep the heat up as well your humidity will all go away. Turn off the HRV and try to keep the humidity at around 30 %..
Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 AM

hounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud ofhounddog has much to be proud of
i had a bad sequencer, two of the four banks were not coming on, thats exactly what happened. turn the thermostat up so that the furnace kicks in and what a few minutes (because sequencers do just that, turn elements on and off at different intervals to prevent brownouts) and check to see if there's 120v coming out of the sequencer. You'll have 120v on one side of the element at all times, the sequencer will give the other side of the element the other 120v (other phase of course). You can either just look for 240v across the element or unplug the sequencer to element wire (with the furnace breaker off or very carefully unplug the wire) and turn the furnace back on, wait a few minutes with the thermostat up so you know the element SHOULD be on, and check the output of the sequencer. should be 120v. if not, make sure the low voltage side of the sequence has the voltage it needs (usually 24v, i believe), if so, replace sequencer. At least...that's what i had to do...on christmas eve at 2:00pm, haha!
"Fatguy Boobholder 2000" riding bra (soon)
02 Honda 350 (Hers)
Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=hounddog;752364]i had a bad sequencer, two of
Does khoss have a electric furnace?? If so you could be correct, if it's a gas furnace that would not apply..
Old 01-10-2017, 02:09 PM

Beater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really niceBeater rider is just really nice
If you are talking intake and exhaust vents for furnace are clear then it is a gas furnace and could have the following possible issues: dirty flame sensor, dirty furnace filter, condensate not draining well enough, or defective thermostat. It says your in Petersfield. Was the house originally a cottage that was not really used during the winter and therefore the furnace is too small. There is probably a blinking led light that will flash an error code when there is a problem with the furnace. And if it is a gas furnace you can always call hydro to look at it but they (me) aren't able to fix all the parts on the furnace such as they fan, pressure switches, etc... What brand and model is it? I can possibly tell you the most common problems.
88 Wavejammer pwc
03 Seadoo GTI
Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM

I took
the intake and exhaust were the HRV vents. If he is referring to those vents on the furnace, your right in your suggestions.. We'll wait to hear from him..
Old 01-12-2017, 10:33 PM

oldccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rough
Pretty sure khoss got this fixed up same day. Sequencer issue iirc. I'll bug him to post the outcome

Tags
furnace, issue