If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Truck and Trailers

Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Sweater Puppets

Thanked 2,295 Times in 1,055 Posts
HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute
My tundra gets 14 hectares per gigahertz in 4wd with a full load of Pilsner and a wicked tailwind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnDeereMan (11-11-2017), mudinmycrack (11-11-2017), Oerlikon80 (11-10-2017), robbie (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:49 AM

WillyVas is on a distinguished road
Iím considering downsizing to a new Tacoma from a full-size not for miledge but just for a smaller truck. Like a dblcab long bed and put a shell on the back. I hear they hold their value very well.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:26 PM

trapper is on a distinguished road
I've had 3 Dakotas over time and they were all good. ANY 4X4 will get you about 20 MPG any more is usually BS. I have a Tacoma now and it's a awesome truck. 4 LTR V-6 double cab 4X4, great truck and easy to park and fits into the garage with no problem.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Phuck 4 wheels

Thanked 1,661 Times in 779 Posts
mudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850xpeps View Post
I call bs on the great on fuel part. Donít know one person with that 4.0 that gets good mileage. With that tiny truck good mileage should be 30. Great should be higher.
Call what you want I know, it got an average of 25 MPG at 80 mph on the interstate the 5 speed makes the difference.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Phuck 4 wheels

Thanked 1,661 Times in 779 Posts
mudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant futuremudinmycrack has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrussell View Post
The older 4.0 litre V6 got fairly poor mileage. My son drove a new little chevy with the diesel motor this spring. He said it seemed really good on fuel.
like i said I have a 2 Wheel drive that makes a huge difference. My son in law traded his FX4 ranger 4 wheel drive for a full size because the full size got better mileage.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:57 PM

ridgerider will become famous soon enoughridgerider will become famous soon enough
I bought a 2012 Tacoma Crew Cab 4x4 this past spring. Always wanted one. Mine has a 6 speed standard. Nothing special on fuel. I find Toyota quality in the little things better. Handsfree, etc. not as user friendly as I would like. Like the size for when we have to go to the city for appointments and such, smaller truck is much easier for parking. Not sure my next vehicle will be a smaller truck but would like to keep this one when its paid off as a nice run around.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:17 PM

Flatline is on a distinguished road
I am considering a 2017 Tacoma dbl cab long bed. Does anybody have any first hand experience with these? Pro’s/Con’s? Not sure if I need a full-size. Gonna use it as a daily driver and to the lake on weekends. Thx.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:28 PM

I have a 2012 dbl cab long box 4X4 and find it does all I want it to do. The '17 has a different motor, more power and they say better MPG. I get about 23-25 on a hwy ride. There a awesome truck and hold there value.. Go for it !!
Old 11-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,918 Times in 1,803 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
There are lots of variables out there. My suggestion is to pick the one that best suits your needs and lifestyle and try it out.

There are lots of brand loyalists and we all have our reasons. Those that provide some well thought reasoning with some solid stats to back it up are probably a good source of info. Personal likes / dislikes are not in that category in my opinion.

Best of luck with what ever you choose !!
Old 11-24-2017, 05:19 PM

Flatline is on a distinguished road
Well it will be the Tacoma if I do decide. I like to hunt and ice fish and haul stuff to the lake. Just concerned if it will have enough room.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flatline For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 07:44 PM

motorboat is a name known to allmotorboat is a name known to allmotorboat is a name known to allmotorboat is a name known to allmotorboat is a name known to allmotorboat is a name known to all
Where's that 420 kid bragging the ranger when you need him lol
Fox1000 (11-24-2017), HRL (11-27-2017), JohnDeereMan (11-27-2017), Oerlikon80 (11-24-2017), RUNNER (11-27-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 11:33 AM

HIGHLIFTER is on a distinguished road
2007 Dodge Dakota ST 4WD
Old 11-25-2017, 11:52 AM

HIGHLIFTER is on a distinguished road
dakota

http://www.pembinachrysler.com/vehic...saleclass=Used
Old 11-25-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHLIFTER View Post
I had a 08 Dakota much the same as this one, it was a good truck but the quality of the Tacoma is far better..
Old 11-27-2017, 04:52 PM

MB-Ace570x2 is on a distinguished road
I priced out the Tacoma and the Colorado a few months ago, and the Toyota was about $13,000 more with similar equipment.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:33 PM

sleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the rough
For what it’s worth and things may have changed I have worked with three different guys that had their Tacoma’s bought back for rusty frames in Manitoba. This last guy just recently had a different situation and they changed his frame! Yup swapped everything over to a new frame. Not sure on the years but two were earlier in the 2000’s so the metal may have changed since then.
But good on them for following up with the warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleeper For This Useful Post:
boak (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 05:56 PM

Thanked 6,650 Times in 2,634 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
For what itís worth and things may have changed I have worked with three different guys that had their Tacomaís bought back for rusty frames in Manitoba. This last guy just recently had a different situation and they changed his frame! Yup swapped everything over to a new frame. Not sure on the years but two were earlier in the 2000ís so the metal may have changed since then.
But good on them for following up with the warranty.
you are 100% right on that one.
Its pretty well know and Toyata has been paying out lawsuits on it.
The 2005 - 2010 Tacoma's (affected Tundras as well but for different years) had a huge problem with some saying 1/2 will fail inspections depending on where they are being used.
If affected basically they have 0 value as cost of repair is very large.

Tags
opinions, smaller, truck