If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > TrackShare Lounge

Old 12-04-2017, 09:17 PM

parkerbrotha will become famous soon enoughparkerbrotha will become famous soon enough
st andrews sewer project

Anyone else been following this closely? I am very worried that us residents are going to get so screwed with this its scary. Mayor George Pike and all the other councillors other than Joy Sul are damned to get this rammed through to the City of Winnipeg at any and all costs. I have a feeling that with all the backlash that they will be facing it will be a very new mayor in the next election. this is going to result in him losing being mayor as well as some of the other councillors.

Not only will we be paying anywhere from $15-20000 for this mess, it's like they don't want to listen to anyone who wants to use Selkirk as the new point of all wastewater with the new system they have there.

Case in point with the new revelation on the Wpg Sun today. Once we are all hooked up to the city, we are at their mercy for any and all rate hikes:

http://winnipegsun.com/news/local-ne...plant-upgrades

Last edited by parkerbrotha; 12-04-2017 at 09:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerbrotha For This Useful Post:
boak (12-13-2017), Minty3 (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 11:56 AM

Minty3 has a spectacular aura aboutMinty3 has a spectacular aura about
100% correct. Those asses are on a mission to ram this through before next election while Wpg dumps into Red River. Council & mayor looking corrupt. Hope we can slow it down enough & vote them out. Common sense not to common.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Thanked 1,301 Times in 718 Posts
WARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud of
North shore of Fort alexander reserve has been dumping and piping raw sewage into Winnipeg river which spills into lake Winnipeg for 50 years or more. The oggo pogo creature died of ecoli poisoning lol
kizzy (12-12-2017), Oerlikon80 (12-09-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 02:50 PM

freddie is on a distinguished road
We moved to this area to get out of the city, and lately its been anything but. They have recently punched in 9 or so more lots in our area and I was the only one who stood up at the meeting and voiced my opinion not to let our area be a bunch of cookie cutter lots. If people like having neibours and paved roads and street lights, Stay in the frickin city. Just my opinon. The powers to be won't be happy until winnipeg and selkirk are connected, which is almost there. I am almost ready to put a for sale sign in our front yard. Unfortunately I think the sewer hook up is never gonna go away till they get their way. More tax money, its never ever gonna go away!!

Last edited by freddie; 12-12-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
We moved to this are to get out of the city, and lately its been anything but. They have recently punched in 9 or so more lots in our area and I was the only one who stood up at the meeting and voiced my opinion not to let our area be a bunch of cookie cutter lots. If people like having neibours and paved roads and street lights, Stay in the frickin city. Just my opinon. The powers to be won't be happy until winnipeg and selkirk are connected, which is almost there. I am almost ready to put a for sale sign in our front yard. Unfortunately I think the sewer hook up is never gonna go away till they get their way. More tax money, its never ever gonna go away!!
True. Once you have sewer you go to 1/3 acre lots from 2 acre. 6 homes were before was one. 6 times taxes for same acreage. It will come but why am I forced to hook up when I have a perfectly functioning field that I paid for. Iíll hook up when my field fails. Fair??
Old 12-12-2017, 04:31 PM

Thanked 1,472 Times in 622 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
You have five years to hook up, plus a additional five years after that if your septic field passes a inspection by Mb conservation.

Also any directional drilling cost after 200ft RM will pay 100% of the cost.

The one thing you cant run from is the initial infrastructure cost.

Last edited by RUNNER; 12-12-2017 at 05:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RUNNER For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNER View Post
You have five years to hook up, plus a additional five years after that if your septic field passes a inspection by Mb conservation.

You have that in writing? Getting back in bed with city of Wpg is unsettling. They look at outlying areas as cash cow. I hope youíre right. 10 years will get this senior to the promised land.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 PM

parkerbrotha will become famous soon enoughparkerbrotha will become famous soon enough
$2400 hook up fee to pipe to the City. $225 admin fee yearly to the City. $600 water meter + cost to install. Tank no good? Too bad, gonna have to dig the old one up and put in a new one. $$$$$$$$$$

Runner, i heard that they may attempt to ask for the time extension, (10 years) but that is not approved. That is still before the province for approval. Chances are it won't happen. If you have proof that this has been approved for the extension we'd be interested in having proof of confirmation.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,804 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNER View Post

What would "fail" a field ?
Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 AM

Bender will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
Poop sticking out of the ground?

I am in the wasteland of the no field protected area and the side of the tracks that the RM forgot. No sewer (thank god) but also can't replace the field if it fails.

The whole thing is a poop show. I can't wait for the next election, and I hope the people who voted for Pike get their heads out of their asses before then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bender For This Useful Post:
freddie (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 03:11 PM

heard that Pike wasn't going to run again.

If the province wanted to tackle the issue, then they should have paid for the whole thing as well. There will be people losing their houses due to the fact they will not be able to afford to make these forced changes to their property.

Last edited by parkerbrotha; 12-13-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:31 PM

RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
if a part of your yard looks like oak hammock marsh that would be a failure
barkerlakebob (12-13-2017), Oerlikon80 (12-14-2017), parkerbrotha (12-13-2017), tonym63 (12-14-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 04:40 PM

we have a PC government the five year extension will be a go. Also the legislation is all bark no bite, there is people in Garson that are a decade overdue on a mandatory hook up. With no consequences.

If you don't want to hook up you can dodge it for a long time.

I have met with a lot of people to do quotes, close to 80 I figure, my observations are that, 1/3 are

very strongly and vocally opposed another 1/3 is 100% all for it cant wait to hook up and the remaining 1/3 is kind of in the middle just going with the flow.

The one thing that is a negative is that the country atmosphere is in jeopardy as now you can have 1/2 acre lots. East Selkirk is a good example 65 lot subdivision being proposed at north end of town.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:10 PM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
It costs money to look after your shit!
Old 12-13-2017, 07:18 PM

you will have to pay the $7400 to have the line in your ditch regardless. THAT is unavoidable. If you sell your house once the line is in the ditch, you will have to pay the hook up fee to the tank before the new owner takes possession.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbrotha View Post
you will have to pay the $7400 to have the line in your ditch regardless. THAT is unavoidable. If you sell your house once the line is in the ditch, you will have to pay the hook up fee to the tank before the new owner takes possession.
you are correct
Old 12-13-2017, 09:44 PM

who's doing the tank inspections and does the tank need to be pumped out and be empty first?
Old 12-14-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbrotha View Post
who's doing the tank inspections and does the tank need to be pumped out and be empty first?
Unfortunately it does have to be pumped. Iíd like to hold Pike by his ankles & let him take a good look around down there first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minty3 For This Useful Post:
freddie (12-15-2017)

Tags
andrews, project, sewer