If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > TrackShare Lounge

Old 12-05-2017, 04:42 PM

sleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the rough
1/4 down limestone not frozen

Hello, wondering if any of you know what yard around city may have a pile of 1/4 down crushed rock for sale not frozen?
I dont need much but am buying a new hottub and when moved old one off the other day want to re-level before I put the new one in position.
Its out in Lac du Bonnet but sounds like most yards out there are frozen solid(had the father in-law call as he lives out there)
I was hoping I could stop out somewhere in North/West side of winnipeg on my way out there but thought I would ask you guys before I call every place in phone book asking.
Thanks.
I do have a stock pile of my own out there but it is frozen stuff! Tried a 5 foot bar and barely made a dent.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:46 PM

Thanked 1,472 Times in 622 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
Hello, wondering if any of you know what yard around city may have a pile of 1/4 down crushed rock for sale not frozen?
I dont need much but am buying a new hottub and when moved old one off the other day want to re-level before I put the new one in position.
Its out in Lac du Bonnet but sounds like most yards out there are frozen solid(had the father in-law call as he lives out there)
I was hoping I could stop out somewhere in North/West side of winnipeg on my way out there but thought I would ask you guys before I call every place in phone book asking.
Thanks.
I do have a stock pile of my own out there but it is frozen stuff! Tried a 5 foot bar and barely made a dent.

get a tarp insulated if you can and put a diesel/karosine blower heater on it.

Four hrs of that should do it. that's what we do with sand piles
sleeper (12-05-2017), StupidSheet (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:36 PM

Thanked 6,650 Times in 2,634 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
if you really don't need much and want to take the easy route.... places like Home Depot sell various types of sand and stone. Stored indoors and bagged so will be dry so wouldn't be frozen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 07:49 PM

sleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the roughsleeper is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by boak View Post
if you really don't need much and want to take the easy route.... places like Home Depot sell various types of sand and stone. Stored indoors and bagged so will be dry so wouldn't be frozen.

Yea saw some online but dosnt show quantity so guess maybe need to call Home Depot. Im out of town right now so cant stop in.
Did call the closest landscape place near my house in city and their pile is frozen but do have some bags forsale. Roughly 5gallon pail size for $7.xx I think. I believe a half yard would be $150 or so but guess thats what happens when your in a pinch.
Thanks.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 PM

JayJay is on a distinguished road
Anseeuw bros on the south west corner of the perimeter will have 1/4” down loose that you can buy bulk. If need be they will just dig into their pile and find loose stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayJay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Great. Will try and call them tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Anseeuw bros on the south west corner of the perimeter will have 1/4 down loose that you can buy bulk. If need be they will just dig into their pile and find loose stuff.

Thanks, they say they have a pile not frozen. Should work out good. Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to sleeper For This Useful Post:
JayJay (12-06-2017)

Tags
1 or 4, frozen, limestone