If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Truck and Trailers

Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Sweater Puppets

Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,057 Posts
HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute
2007 Ford Escape

Looking at a higher mileage escape for my daughter. Anything in particular I should be paying attention to? Known issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
the 3.0 is prone to leaking upper and lower intake manifold gaskets... Its a DIY fix for $25 and about 3 hrs time... the rear COP and spark plugs are inaccessible unless the afm manifolds come off so its good if they have been replaced already...or plan on doing them when the intake manifolds are done....(I used aftermarket (eBay) parts cost $150 for 6 plugs and COP units)) the 4 speed auto transmission in said yo be unreliable (as in blows up)...

I had one in my 01 Tribute (same truck but badged a MAzda Tribute) for 300000 km with no issues but the internet is full of horror stories about the tranny.
The IAC can be an issue but its an easy fix and cheap (on line).
The alternator if needed is a beeeeeee-atch, its at the rear of the engine and a very tough 6 hrs (for me anyway) to change....

All that said I love my new (to me) 2010 Escape 3.0 AWD XLT (I bought another cause I love them) it has a 6 speed trans, an improved 3.0 and set me back $8k on kijiji....the price is very negotiable since there are a zillion of them for sale...

and watch out for tight u-joints in the rear driveshaft...it'll manifest itself as a vibration in the driveline at 90 k and up....lots of info on how to fix...I had the seller do it, included in the $$
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo

Last edited by kenora; 01-23-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
and check this site out....

http://escape-city.com/index.php
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 AM

greg_guy will become famous soon enoughgreg_guy will become famous soon enough
All that said I love my new (to me) 2010 Escape 3.0 AWD XLT (I bought another cause I love them) it has a 6 speed trans, an improved 3.0 and set me back $8k on kijiji....the price is very negotiable since there are a zillion of them for sale...

So you paid $8k for the 3.0 engine by its self or is that the whole Escape. If it was the whole Escape what was the mileage when you get it?

Greg
Old 01-23-2018, 11:01 AM

JohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud ofJohnDeereMan has much to be proud of
My Girlfriends 2006 rotted out at the right rear shock absorber.. pretty much wrote it off. LOTS of horror story's about that problem
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
2014 Tundra 1794 edition, Borla dual exhaust
Old 01-23-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_guy View Post

So you paid $8k for the 3.0 engine by its self or is that the whole Escape. If it was the whole Escape what was the mileage when you get it?

Greg
Hahahaha... $8k for the whole vehicle..140k km..in 9 out of 10 shape.. no rust anywhere....
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
Old 01-23-2018, 11:14 AM

new to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRL View Post
Looking at a higher mileage escape for my daughter. Anything in particular I should be paying attention to? Known issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had lots with rear main seal leaking and a few with driveshaft hanger wearing /ripping
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM
loud pipes

polarisoutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutpolarisoutlaw has a spectacular aura about
I had a 08 v6 4x4 wuth 30 x 10 mud terrains and abused the the shit out of it. Quad trails, ditch banging, getting all 4 tires in the air. Had it till 190 xxx km then got a truck. I still see it around. Never had a problem that wasnt my fault. Girl freind also has a differnt 08 that jas been good to us. Like all 10+ year old vehicles you take a chance that some issues will arise.
11 ford f150 xtr, sc, 4x4, chipped, lifted 305/55/20, wide ass rims, flare , loud pipe
95 mustang vert, torque thrust rims, cool stereo
96 polaris hurricane

Tags
escape