If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Snowmobile Brand Discussions

Old 12-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Swede has a spectacular aura aboutSwede has a spectacular aura aboutSwede has a spectacular aura about
Question BRP ACE 600 and ACE 900 opinions

Looking for some feedback here...

4 stroke reliability and fuel economy are making me think that a four stroke sled would be right up my alley. I love my can am quad and am pretty sure I'd like to stick with BRP for a sled. Weight wise it seems like the skidoo 4 strokes are fairly close to 2 stroke versions.

So, does anyone have of these? What are they like overall, performance, economy, reliability, cold start? What displacement 2 stroke would you consider each comparable to?

As far as intended use;

I'm not a speed demon, 100km/HR is plenty fast enough and it be mostly for trails with one of the kids riding along. I'm not interested in a melted down 2 stroke every season either.

Thanks for any input here...
Old 12-23-2013, 09:41 PM
"Switched Back "

Peter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to all
A friend of mines wife has one in red. She loves it. go all day on a tank of fuel. He says it is amazing. He ask her this year if she wanted to upgrade. she told her hubby not a hope. He drives a 13 Cat XF 1100. Myself if it was for me I'd get the 900 just a little more power but just as good on fuel. Cold starting I don't know what they are like. I took a 600 ace for a ride a few years ago. it was pretty good and rode good to boot. But just a little to slow for me.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM

500 ss bob has a spectacular aura about500 ss bob has a spectacular aura about500 ss bob has a spectacular aura about
I think the 900 would be a hell of a good sled,if you are a trail rider you would be happy forever.I would think off trail in the deep if your a bigger guy might be its only downfall.My brother in law has the 1200 and he says it starts pretty good even when its like it has been as of late.Also check out DOOTALK i believe they have have a sub forum on these sleds.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:00 PM

Thanked 2,736 Times in 1,368 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rabbit View Post
A friend of mines wife has one in red. She loves it. go all day on a tank of fuel. He says it is amazing. He ask her this year if she wanted to upgrade. she told her hubby not a hope. He drives a 13 Cat XF 1100. Myself if it was for me I'd get the 900 just a little more power but just as good on fuel. Cold starting I don't know what they are like. I took a 600 ace for a ride a few years ago. it was pretty good and rode good to boot. But just a little to slow for me.
Was that ski doo picked up at our shop.We sold a couple a 1100 cat and a 600 ski doo.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 AM
"Switched Back "

Peter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to allPeter Rabbit is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by criksidebob View Post
Was that ski doo picked up at our shop.We sold a couple a 1100 cat and a 600 ski doo.
no bob he bought his Cat at Chudd's and the skidoo he bought in Gimili. He got screwed by the skidoo dealer in the peg so he bought it out of town.

Tags
opinions