If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Truck and Trailers

Old 01-07-2016, 02:10 PM
I only ride on 3 wheels!

wpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the rough
fuel in Winnipeg, that will get you to an Esso truck stop (passlake) if I remember the name correctly.. just past thunderbay, fuel up there and that will get you to Toronto!

https://www.google.ca/maps/@48.60336...7i13312!8i6656

if you miss it.. bout half hour past that is Nipigon and there is a Husky Truck stop there

1985 Honda ATC 250R
1984 Honda ATC 200ES
1984 Honda ATC 70
1982 Honda ATC 250R

Last edited by wpginterceptor; 01-07-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:23 PM

MB700Grizz will become famous soon enoughMB700Grizz will become famous soon enough
I think the truck stop at Pass Lake is no longer an Esso, it's now a Flying J (Shell) I believe.
The Following User Says Thank You to MB700Grizz For This Useful Post:
skipper (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 PM
I only ride on 3 wheels!

wpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the roughwpginterceptor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB700Grizz View Post
I think the truck stop at Pass Lake is no longer an Esso, it's now a Flying J (Shell) I believe.
shows when I was last there

1985 Honda ATC 250R
1984 Honda ATC 200ES
1984 Honda ATC 70
1982 Honda ATC 250R
The Following User Says Thank You to wpginterceptor For This Useful Post:
MB700Grizz (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 10:40 AM
You want it when?

Thanked 2,184 Times in 919 Posts
skipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB700Grizz View Post
Yes your correct it has been a Flying J for last 2 or 3 years.
14 inch itp ss rims
SLEDLESS
GOT ARCTIC CAT GOT

Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 AM

LIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to behold
looks like a new Flying J going in just outside regina in Belgonie across from the Shell station on Hwy No1
Old 01-08-2016, 11:25 AM
ʞoɯɐ unɹ ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ

Thanked 2,168 Times in 916 Posts
Snowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMO-MAN View Post
looks like a new Flying J going in just outside regina in Belgonie across from the Shell station on Hwy No1
been watching it go up as well
man that place will be packed steady !
nice to see a truck stop in Regina other than the musty husky
Old 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM

LIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to beholdLIMO-MAN is a splendid one to behold
and now the rigs will have a decent place to park instead of that mud hole at the shell station
Old 01-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Thanked 3,557 Times in 1,884 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
still looking... haven't heard back on the run to TO. wish I knew it was this hard to find a job before I sold the tow truck. Been off for 6 weeks, going crazy here.
Have been working since I was 16..
Old 01-08-2016, 01:31 PM
ʞoɯɐ unɹ ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ

Thanked 2,168 Times in 916 Posts
Snowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond reputeSnowman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMO-MAN View Post
and now the rigs will have a decent place to park instead of that mud hole at the shell station
LMAO ! ive seen so many trucks sunk bad in that lot !!
I'm scared to drive in there if its not bone dry or frozen solid.
good homemade sub sandwiches tho!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:34 PM

w o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to behold
Pretty much the same by Tim Hortons in Virden

78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts
Old 01-08-2016, 02:38 PM

w o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym63 View Post
still looking... haven't heard back on the run to TO. wish I knew it was this hard to find a job before I sold the tow truck. Been off for 6 weeks, going crazy here.
Maybe there is something more local in the interim, someone must need a driver. Local grain or something like that. If it were summer it would be a whole lot easier, you could get on a gravel truck.

03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts

Last edited by w o 7 mucker; 01-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:30 PM

tyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to all
Quote:
wish I knew it was this hard to find a job before I sold the tow truck.
By not running US, you've eliminated 90% of the entry level jobs out there. It's been that way for decades. I hope the school didn't say it would be easy to find a job just to get you to sign up.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:35 PM

Thanked 3,557 Times in 1,884 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
School told me there weren't a lot of jobs around.
I wanted to get out of towing, and this seemed like a good idea.
I will b working, just none of the jobs start right away.
Could b starting as early as next week or a month. Just nothing in stone yet.
tyndall (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 PM
"Switched Back "

LPP is just really niceLPP is just really niceLPP is just really niceLPP is just really niceLPP is just really nice
Tony there is a place by Symington yard. Think they haul fuel. On Plessis rd. They always have a sign out looking for drivers. Think it is local too.
2015 Polaris 800 AXYS Switchback
2012 AC Wild Cat 1000
Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 PM
You want it when?

skipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond reputeskipper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP View Post
Tony there is a place by Symington yard. Think they haul fuel. On Plessis rd. They always have a sign out looking for drivers. Think it is local too.
That's Kennedy Energy outa Thompson. The company is NBF they haul to Symington rail only. Paid by hr, 2 grand every 2 weeks and OT plus $1500 bonus every 3 months. May need petroleum experience but worth checking out.
14 inch itp ss rims
SLEDLESS
GOT ARCTIC CAT GOT

The Following User Says Thank You to skipper For This Useful Post:
LPP (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 08:02 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
School told me there weren't a lot of jobs around.
I wanted to get out of towing, and this seemed like a good idea.
I will b working, just none of the jobs start right away.
Could b starting as early as next week or a month. Just nothing in stone yet.
The trick is to have experience nobody likes training and that's the worst part of operating any piece of equipment. Don't know what the weather is like that way these days but if your getting any snow see about hauling snow to the snow dumps for somebody it's pretty simple and a good place to start.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 PM

JUSIN will become famous soon enough
4 refuel hauls and fills the locos at work, I was talking to one of the drivers the other day and he said it's a good job and 50 bucks an hour not bad for what they do
Old 01-08-2016, 10:46 PM
You want it when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSIN View Post
4 refuel hauls and fills the locos at work, I was talking to one of the drivers the other day and he said it's a good job and 50 bucks an hour not bad for what they do
4Refuel lost contract to NFB. They took over in November.
14 inch itp ss rims
SLEDLESS
GOT ARCTIC CAT GOT

Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 AM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 937 Posts
850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of
Quote:

As bad as it sounds take what's you can get an keep looking for what you want. Build your experience. Remember the grass isn't usually greener from what I've seen. The best plan imo would have been to save up while you still did towing and buy a truck. Then when the time came get it on somewhere and look after it. There is still some cheap trucks to be had but if you have no experience in fixing or maintaining a big rig then buying a cheap one that requires a few things might not be the best idea.

[QUOTE=w o 7 mucker;732333]Maybe there is something more local in the interim, someone must need a driver. Local grain or something like that. If it were summer it would be a whole lot easier, you could get on a gravel truck.

I'm looking for a driver (think I've found) but issue with tony finding work for stuff like i do is experience. Not that it the hardest thing but I would be nrervous sending someone out on my truck with no experience an expect them to know where the truck shouldn't go or best way to load and read gauges and tie down. If I had time to ride with him and help him then I think a new driver might a better choice over an experienced driver who has bad habits or doesn't want to listen to someone with less experience or who is younger.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:14 AM

You got that right. I know a couple guys who need winter road drivers but not a place to cut ur teeth. I agree completely with buying a good older truck, one you know the history of preferably. Then you are somewhat ur own boss. I've been off since December 18th. My choice, they call me with a load I tell them I'm busy lol my truck I decide if I wanna go to work or not. They aren't gonna fire me. Always drove my own truck I wouldn't drive a company truck.

03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts

Tags
class