If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > Buying an ATV

Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM
2016 Sportsman Touring

dbarton is on a distinguished road
Looking to buy new 2 up version....advice wanted

First time buying a quad, and want to buy a 2 up so the wife and I can go cruising the trails.

So far I found that Polaris, Can am, and Arctic Cat make a true 2 up. They all seem to be close to the same in price, so which one to choose?

Everyone seems to have their preferance, but besides that which one is better and why?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM

Max Power will become famous soon enough
I just about bought a 2012 Polaris 850 touring LE. The price was almost the same as a ranger. It sure look like a nice machine though. Apparantly it rides like a dream and the shock for the passenger is supposed to be great. I also liked that you can remove the 2 up seat and put extra storage it's place and it looks a lot better without the seat.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Quadder/Sledhead

Thanked 2,374 Times in 790 Posts
JAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond reputeJAG GAL has a reputation beyond repute
We have an 2003 Arctic cat TRV and it is so comfy that I really don't mind being a passenger when my daughter wants to drive. All I will say is whatever brand you choose, get the true two rider vehicle. I've ridden on the back of a polaris x2 once and hope to never have to again! They may be OK for young kids or short rides, but in my experience, that's about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to JAG GAL For This Useful Post:
Cat Man (10-17-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 01:55 AM

Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,407 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I owned a 07 Can-Am Outlander Max (sold it only because of health reasons) and my Wife and I really loved the machine. We test drove all the other factory 2 up quad and we found the Cam-Am Outlander Max the right fit for us. We had it for 4 years and racked up over 7700 kms with only one break down. It was not really a break down as it was more a leaking stator gasket.
Over all we both found the Cam-Am Outlander to be very reliable, real good one gas, very comfortable ride and the list goes on and on...
But I would suggest to take a bit of time and go to the dealers and test drive all three of them.
For the Can-Am go and see Marc Gilmore at the Enns Bros location in Oakbluff. Trust me when I say he takes very good care of you before, during and after the same. Tell him I sent you.
Good Luck and let us know what you ended up with.
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRP Fan For This Useful Post:
Cat Man (04-27-2012), oldccm (03-06-2016)
Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 AM
foster b

agnewairways will become famous soon enough
Did you buy a 2-up or not? What did you get?
Old 10-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Paid Advertiser

Thanked 1,624 Times in 748 Posts
GIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond reputeGIBBIES has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton View Post
First time buying a quad, and want to buy a 2 up so the wife and I can go cruising the trails.

So far I found that Polaris, Can am, and Arctic Cat make a true 2 up. They all seem to be close to the same in price, so which one to choose?

Everyone seems to have their preferance, but besides that which one is better and why?

Have both Polaris and Arctic Cat in stock stop in and compare take each one for a test ride!!! Chudds Powersports in Gimli !!!

Or a side by side have lots to choose from!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 AM
All Out Team Nasty!

Thanked 1,467 Times in 610 Posts
Quadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud ofQuadingmaniac has much to be proud of
You should talk to Marc Gilmore at Enns brothers in Oakbluff. They have a 2011 outlander max xt there in red that they are blowing out really cheap.

All Out Team Nasty!!!!
Elka stage 4 shocks,Stm rage 6 primary,Stm secondary,Ssv works stereo with kicker 10" sub,30" Rigid E series light bar,D2 Rigid light for the rear,wireless remote led lighting,hid headlights,27"Original bighorns, 29.5" outlaws,29,5"crushed Outlaw2's,Canam Aluminum roof, front and rear bumpers,4000lb warm winch,Alba racing belt temp guage,Pro Armor doors,D2 slip winshield,Custom powdercoating,ct racing frame supports
Old 10-13-2012, 09:16 AM
1000 xtp man

ed_rexx is a glorious beacon of lighted_rexx is a glorious beacon of lighted_rexx is a glorious beacon of lighted_rexx is a glorious beacon of lighted_rexx is a glorious beacon of light
It all depends on what matters to you if you want just trail ride, they are all close. I decided to go with can am max xtp only because I wanted the best trail ride, but cat has the best belt drive bullet proof.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 AM

MOOSEintheMarsh is a glorious beacon of lightMOOSEintheMarsh is a glorious beacon of lightMOOSEintheMarsh is a glorious beacon of lightMOOSEintheMarsh is a glorious beacon of lightMOOSEintheMarsh is a glorious beacon of light
I got the 09 Polaris 800 EFI touring and couldn't be happier. The 2up seat is very comfortable and the ride is great. I have been on the back when my daughter drives (she's 17 and drives like its stolen) and the ride was comfortable. Haven't experienced any other machines but when I researched them at the time I felt the Polaris was the right choice for me. I also got a great deal as it was end of season. I bought it in Nov of 09. Now have over 4800 kms on it and no issues at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to MOOSEintheMarsh For This Useful Post:
JAG GAL (10-13-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,344 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
cOME ON DOWN AND TRY OUT IN THE BACKFIELD.We sold the first one sold in Canada back in 03 and its still going stroNG.Those Cats are tough and comfortable.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Trail Rider #2

Thanked 2,253 Times in 804 Posts
myst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond reputemyst3ry has a reputation beyond repute
Please test drive em all before deciding
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myst3ry For This Useful Post:
HeyDonna! (10-13-2012), skipper (10-13-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
2016 Sportsman Touring

Have not bought anything yet, funding was pushed to a different direction so thats it until next year.
Thansk for the advice/opinions though.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbarton For This Useful Post:
Cat Man (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 PM

oldgasser 2 will become famous soon enough
i have a 09 polaris==800 2up 2200 miles so far and no trouble the nice thing about the polaris is when u put it in 4wheel it is a true 4 wheeler just the fiick off the thumb between the little woman and i we hit 400 plus lbs and it takes what comes in stride we have 27s on it we are very happy with it-=---==
Old 02-01-2016, 09:44 PM
2016 Sportsman Touring

Update:

We ended up purchasing a 2016 Polaris Sportsman Touring 570 SP. Ordered with Glacier plow, 3500 lb winch, tall clear windshield, handle bar and thumb warmers, and front and rear racks.
Only had it for couple days, so nothing much to say except that WE LOVE IT. Rides very nice, good power, and the electric power steering is awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbarton For This Useful Post:
boak (03-06-2016), JAG GAL (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 06:37 AM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 923 Posts
850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of
I heard the 570 was a powerful little machine. I know the 550 was pretty decent. Enjoy your new bike.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:34 AM
2016 Sportsman Touring

Man, is this a awesome machine! We both love it, very comfortable for both driver and rider, and the power steering makes for an even better ride.
The glacier plow works great, easy to hook up, etc.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Thanked 6,594 Times in 2,611 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
excellent... and congrats.

probably on the 26th, I hope to put together a husband/wife, 2-up, family friendly type of ATV ride.

Couple of hours riding, stop and have a fire/weiner roast on the trail, ride for a few more hours or as long as people want. Around the Woodridge area will be starting point. Hope you can join us and get a chance to meet other like minded riders.

we won't be riding the typical trails out of Woodridge more to the East where most atv'ers don't go. This time of year is great as group rides are pretty much dust free but still lots of mud/wet areas to detour off into and play if wanted. No one gets left behind.

Last edited by boak; 03-06-2016 at 11:33 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
bbrent (03-07-2016), dbarton (03-06-2016), NewbieRider (03-29-2016), tonym63 (03-08-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 09:33 PM
2016 Sportsman Touring

Thanks so much for the invite, but not sure about if available that date. Have a pending arrangement, but if it changes I will let you know and get the info for getting on a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
excellent... and congrats.

probably on the 26th, I hope to put together a husband/wife, 2-up, family friendly type of ATV ride.

Couple of hours riding, stop and have a fire/weiner roast on the trail, ride for a few more hours or as long as people want. Around the Woodridge area will be starting point. Hope you can join us and get a chance to meet other like minded riders.

we won't be riding the typical trails out of Woodridge more to the East where most atv'ers don't go. This time of year is great as group rides are pretty much dust free but still lots of mud/wet areas to detour off into and play if wanted. No one gets left behind.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:48 AM
2016 Sportsman Touring

Just an update, been 1-/1/2 years since we bought our Polaris Sportsman Touring and just love it! Been great for long ride as well as little jaunts, back seat comfy, and most of all we really like the feel of the machine and how it handles. No problems with it, runs awesome. Only complaint I would have is how hot the exhaust pipe heat gets on the drivers right side ankle in the summer. I put header wrap on the pipe, that helps a bit but not totally. If your cruising decent you never notice it, but if your poking through the woods you feel the heat. Need socks for sure on those days.

The factory plow I purchased with it is awesome, beats my buddy's Moose Plow on his Yamaha he says, and the quick disconnect works slick.

All in all we are very happy with it and would recommend for sure. All depends what your doing with I guess.
JeffGordon (05-14-2017)

Tags
versionadvice, wanted