If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Track Kits

Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Official Site Skeptic

Thanked 3,049 Times in 947 Posts
mongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond repute
Tatou Track Kits

Does anyone have any experience with the Tatou kits?? Pro's/cons??

2009 Polaris Sportsman 550XP, EPS,Tatou 4S Tracks , 3000 lb. Warn Winch, Lock & Ride Windshield & Cargo Box, Rear Racks, Hot Grips, Ricochet Plates.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 PM
No Worries, Be Happy

Thanked 2,182 Times in 565 Posts
Maxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond repute
SSPHUNTER runs them on his Honda and loves them.
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope,28" Outlaws
Garmin Gps map60csx Montana 600

HERS
2011 Can-Am 650 Max XT
27" Mudlite XTR's, Garmin Gps map60csx
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope
Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Official Site Skeptic

mongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond reputemongrol has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. Do you know what size his Honda is?

2009 Polaris Sportsman 550XP, EPS,Tatou 4S Tracks , 3000 lb. Warn Winch, Lock & Ride Windshield & Cargo Box, Rear Racks, Hot Grips, Ricochet Plates.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM
No Worries, Be Happy

Maxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrol
Thanks. Do you know what size his Honda is?
500 CTE
he rides with our group and we have TJD's, Commanders, Tatou's, Polaris and at one time had mattracks. The tatou's performed as good as any of the other tracks except the mattracks. I used to own them (mattracks) and found them not to be the best. Each track design seems to have it's own pro's and cons. If tatou's tickle your fancy I never seen any reason to suggest to not get them.

HERS
2011 Can-Am 650 Max XT
Old 09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Official Site Skeptic

I always appreciate knowlegable input. I have had a lot of contact with Camoplast - Tatou and they are the only ones that have kits for the smaller machines 3oocc. They are really great to give you info and if the product and service match that, yipee!! Problem is they don't have an installation kit for my 06 Hawkeye yet. They will mix the track kit and drive wheels to get me started but nothing else yet.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 PM
No Worries, Be Happy

I ran mattracks on a bomb 400. I was never really short of power but I don't think I would want anything less. I found that I was always working the engine hard. That was why I went to an 800cc bike. Personally I don't think I would run tracks on anything less than a 400.

HERS
2011 Can-Am 650 Max XT
Old 09-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Official Site Skeptic

Good Input. Going to a bigger machine may be my alternative. The 06 Hawkeye 300CC uses the same frame as the 08 Sportsman 400HO. The engine is 156 cc's bigger than mine and a lot more HP. Tatou has been really encouraging about the 300 cc engine cause the machine is light and a mid sized machine. If it dosen't work out or is marginal, I'll go the the 400HO.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 PM

ssphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant future
As Maxter said I run them on my 05 CTE 500. They are great and would be better on a true 4x4. Honda only has three wheels powered at one time so you are always pushing one. I think that sucks some power out of it because the one wheel is always being pushed instead of pulling. These things will go where you wouldn't ever imagine. As long as you want them to go places and not speed there you will enjoy them.
Mike
Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Official Site Skeptic

Sounds good. Tatou recommends that I order different drive sprockets for the front and rear. 15 teeth for the front and 16 for the rear. That way the back are turning faster than the front and that keeps the AWD engaged in 4 wheel/track all the time.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Old Yellow is a jewel in the roughOld Yellow is a jewel in the roughOld Yellow is a jewel in the rough
I have used the tatous for 4 winters now & had no problems with them yet & my friend has a set he has run for 3 years also & no problem. He had his on a 400 foreman & seems lots of power maybe a little less for top end. We use our tracks pretty well every day as we comercial fish so the tracks have had lots of use.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Official Site Skeptic

Forgot to ad this, but speed is not important in this case. I need it to climb.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:07 AM

ssphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant futuressphunter has a brilliant future
I think the only reason I have trouble climbing SOME hills is because of the true 4x4. Most are no problem
Mike
Old 10-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Old Yellow is a jewel in the roughOld Yellow is a jewel in the roughOld Yellow is a jewel in the rough
well then I am sure you will be able to climb with the 300
give us your thoughts once you try them
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Official Site Skeptic

Will do for sure, but have one further question. I have to fabricate the installation kit and wonder if someone can point me in the right direction to find an installation kit on any machine. Obviosly they will all be different, but I'm pretty handy. Just want to be forewarned.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 AM

The mounting should not be to bad to fab.
I know from a 400 foreman to a 500 vinson was a very minor change.
I will check around & see if I can get you some info
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Official Site Skeptic

Sorry that should have said pictures or drawings of any installation. Maybe on the net or left over from another installation

Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Official Site Skeptic

Much appreciated!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM

I have to work on mine this week so I'll try to get some pics for ya of the Honda setup. Maybe check what the kit is worth to buy as well, I think there's a guy on here from BC that sells tracks but I'm not sure which ones. I think his name is "Pioneer"?
Mike
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Official Site Skeptic

Again, thanks. I have had contact with "Pioneer" but for assistance, will have to go through my local dealer. I have an email from Tatou that offers some minor installation help but because it is in english with a french accent, I'm not exactly sure what he means. Because you know how Tatou is installed, would you mind a PM with his email attached to tell me what he is trying to say?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah, feel free to PM me, I can read and write English and French so maybe I can figure out what he's saying.
Mike

Tags
tatou, track