If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Track Kits

Old 08-08-2015, 01:33 PM

wderasp is on a distinguished road
Has anyone installed tatou originals?!

I'm having a bit of an issue, I need someone who has installed tatou originals before..

I will attach a pic of what I mean..

So there's an anti rotation bracket on the track, which bolts to the bracket on the bikes a-arm. This bolt that goes thru the bracket on the track, I'm assuming must be a loose fit yo allow the bracket to travel on the bolt when turning right or left? Looking at it I'm imagining if that was bolted solid to the a-arm back, you wouldn't be able to steer due to the track bracket moving when turning ..

Anyone know? The reason I need to know is because they don't make the brackets anymore for my 2015 bike for this older track system, and I need to get them custom made to fit my a-arms.

Last edited by wderasp; 08-08-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 PM
aminal

crazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nice
Yes that bolt has to slide back and forth
Old 08-09-2015, 08:21 AM

The only thing about it is that wouldn't give much of a steering travel, that slot is only like 5", do you know this for sure?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:23 PM
aminal

crazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nicecrazy kid is just really nice
Yep i have the just winter set but that bracket is the same the bolt has a bushing over the bolt and that is were it slides back and forth on
Old 08-10-2015, 12:17 AM

Ok right on, do you happen to have a pic? I have to get my brackets made , they don't make them for it. Have couple more questions.

-is the back bracket bolted solid or does it have the same bushing setup as the front?
- so when your track is facing directly ahead, I imagine your bolt is dead center in that slot?
-the bracket on the track, on your bike is it directly under your axle? On mine it seems to be slightly to the front of the bike, maybe an inch or 2 in front of the axle. As u can see in the pic.
- lastly, you don't have any problems with steering? This slot really doesn't in my mind seem like it would give you much steering travel with such a short slot.. It actually only looks like a couple inches of travel from left to right if you start in the middle.

Last edited by wderasp; 08-10-2015 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Bcuz

Tags
installed, originals, tatou