If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions

Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 AM

pitbullf4i is on a distinguished road
Tatou 4S bogie wheel help.

I bought these tracks used, for next to nothing. been using them they work great. The last ride I noticed I lost a bogie wheel. All the other ones on the front you can just unbolt and slide off except for these 2. Anyone have any good tips on how to replace these? Also does anyone know the bearing number for replacements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.JPG (126.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-07-2017, 10:11 PM

megrizzly will become famous soon enough
I've had the same thing happen and there's 2 ways to do it. Either try pulling it off with a bearing puller and if that doesn't work, you'll need to torch it off.

As far as replacement, there are essentially 2 versions (an older bogie wheel with replaceable bearings held in with snap rings or a non-replaceable bogie wheel on newer 2011/2012+ units).

Honestly, if you bought them dirt cheap and by the looks of it, i would seriously go through the all the tracks including the hubs and replace the bearings. The hub bearings are generic through all model years, but the bogie wheels can either be cheap (replaceable bearings) or quite expensive (camoplast sells a complete kit for like $800 or half price of buying them all individually). These look like they've had no maintenance and track issues in the bush are something you really want to avoid.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:02 PM

pitbullf4i is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input. I managed to get them off and zip cut off the inner race. You're right, I don't think they have had any maintenance to them. I found all the bearings at a bearing shop for 6 bucks a piece. I'm just going to change the very bad ones for now so I can finish plowing my driveway this year and give them a complete over haul this summer.

Is there any benefit to putting the new style bogies on?
Old 02-11-2017, 12:23 AM

pioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to beholdpioneer is a splendid one to behold
They are pressed on at factory, you can cut these off with a cut off wheel/angle grinder, You can check factory web site for parts list to get proper wheels with bearing molded in to press on again or they also have a part you can use that goes into hole thought shaft through new wheel and bearing and tightens like a dry wall bolt to hold wheel on again from factory

Tags
bogie, tatou, wheel