If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions

Old 01-08-2018, 06:10 PM

buckkm1 is on a distinguished road
Plow ???

I have a 2007 Suzuki 450 King Quad, and I am thinking about putting the Cabela's 60" universal snow plow kit on it.

any thoughts good bad or ugly ? on a plow on a ATV.

I am getting older 65, and a plow sounds easier then my 27" snowblower ?

Thank
Kevin
Old 01-08-2018, 06:25 PM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
Hi Kevin, I've been plowing with a 60" Moose County plow on my 05 Suzuki King Quad 700 for over 10 years... I am VERY HAPPY with the plow and the performance. You will have no trouble with the KQ.. fwiw.. You might want to consider chains on all four corners ..it makes a huge difference.. I find I never run out of power...just traction..the chains deal with most of the traction issues..

PS...I'm 60 so you only a couple years older :)
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
buckkm1 (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenora View Post
Hi Kevin, I've been plowing with a 60" Moose County plow on my 05 Suzuki King Quad 700 for over 10 years... I am VERY HAPPY with the plow and the performance. You will have no trouble with the KQ.. fwiw.. You might want to consider chains on all four corners ..it makes a huge difference.. I find I never run out of power...just traction..the chains deal with most of the traction issues..

PS...I'm 60 so you only a couple years older :)
Thank you, I have chains for all for tires, I also put Maxxis Bighorn 6 ply radials on it, and a 2000th shim in the clutch.
I've mainly just used it on my western hunting trips, and it just sits 99% of the time.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you are ready to go plowing...have fun..

here in NW Ontario (Canukistan) I'm regularly plowing at -30c or so..I have heated grips and throtttle for that... and a snowmobile suit if you have to plow in cold Wx like this... mind you...plowing at -10c or so is glorious..... I'm not sure what kind of temps you get there but its easy to stay out in the cold too long plowing the neighbors driveway,, then the other neighbors...then the other neighbors...and get seriously cold...so dress warm :)
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
buckkm1 (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenora View Post
Sounds like you are ready to go plowing...have fun..

here in NW Ontario (Canukistan) I'm regularly plowing at -30c or so..I have heated grips and throtttle for that... and a snowmobile suit if you have to plow in cold Wx like this... mind you...plowing at -10c or so is glorious..... I'm not sure what kind of temps you get there but its easy to stay out in the cold too long plowing the neighbors driveway,, then the other neighbors...then the other neighbors...and get seriously cold...so dress warm :)

Wow, that's cold, we don't get temperatures much below zero Fahrenheit anymore like we did when I was a Kid. 10 to 20F is more normal for us now if we go below zero, it is usually only for 2 to 4 days..

I actual called our nearest Cabela's store yesterday to make sure they had the Plow I wanted, they said that they had 2 of them, so I ran up there, a little over a hour drive, got there and found out they Didn't have any, I wasn't very happy, that was the third time that had happened at that store, then I had a heart to heart chat with the Manager, expressing that I wasn't very happy, he said that he would make it right, I guess we will see about that ?, ended up ordering one, should get it next week.

Kevin