If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Snowmobile General Discussions

Old 03-10-2017, 08:29 PM

204Rider will become famous soon enough204Rider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldccm View Post
Just because they were bringing food and fuel does not mean they're allowed on the road.
So you would rather people stranded die in their vehicles?

They were crossing a highway. 100% legal thing to do in good conditions, let alone when they are out helping others. Not like they were riding on the highway, straight down it. They were crossing it. Sure, he shouldn't of spun around like he did and stopped on it, but geez man c'mon.

It's illegal to ride a snowmobile within city limits too, remember when Winnipeg was shut down and people had to use sleds to get around and provide assistance? Yeah, When it's stormy like this the rules are different. Especially when RCMP and firefighters are literally phoning residents with snowmobiles to help because their resources are not vast enough to help everyone.

So quick to blame the people volunteering their time to help those in need, but I bet you'd be pretty quick to thank one of these people if they ever helped you, even if they broke a petty law to do so.

this wasn't some 5 hour storm. This was a 31 HOUR STORM. If these folks stranded ran out of gas, they'd of froze to death waiting for help that never would have arrived if these snowmobilers weren't out helping.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:00 PM

oldccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rough
semi plows into snowmobile

Nm .... I'm out

Last edited by oldccm; 03-10-2017 at 09:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oldccm For This Useful Post:
TRX 500 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Who Let the Cats Out?

Blue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really nice
Comments
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...564415423&fs=4

This link is to the guy in the half ton you see in the video. Just another veiw from someone that was right there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Girl For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 09:32 AM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
I think most people from the area are aware of what actually happened, as well as the circumstances before and after the truck collided with the skidoo.
What was at issue was the comments from some , with very little knowledge.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:33 AM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Nm .... I'm out
Maybe you should have never been in.
The Following User Says Thank You to gtrussell For This Useful Post:
204Rider (03-13-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 09:35 AM

oldccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rough
Yup. Just another nail in the coffin for reasons to leave this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Who Let the Cats Out?

Blue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really niceBlue Girl is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrussell View Post
I think most people from the area are aware of what actually happened, as well as the circumstances before and after the truck collided with the skidoo.
What was at issue was the comments from some , with very little knowledge.
Yes; I'm quite aware of everyone's opinion on here, that is why I posted what a person that was actually there had to say. My opinion is that it was an accident and everyone involved had a part to play. But I wasn't there so my opinion really doesn't mean anything just like anyone else's that wasn't there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Girl For This Useful Post:
new to can am 800 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:11 AM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Yup. Just another nail in the coffin for reasons to leave this site.

Why leave? Because people have opinions and comments? It's like that on every other site too. If you're looking for info without any other views ,I suggest reading the paper . Or just put people on ignore
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcr700 For This Useful Post:
mrhook (03-12-2017), RUNNER (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:21 AM

Thanked 1,378 Times in 934 Posts
850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of850xpeps has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Girl View Post
Yes; I'm quite aware of everyone's opinion on here, that is why I posted what a person that was actually there had to say. My opinion is that it was an accident and everyone involved had a part to play. But I wasn't there so my opinion really doesn't mean anything just like anyone else's that wasn't there.

Everyone there had a part to play yes. Good for the sledders helping out the stranded people. But what the phuck was he doing spinningnout on the Hwy. An the other who stopped dead centre of the lane. That trucker should not be charged so hard. Glad there is a video that might be used as evidence to show the carelessness of the sledders to at least lesson the extent that the trucker will face. Not to mention the mental issues he'll face driving now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 850xpeps For This Useful Post:
juicedcummins (03-11-2017), TRX 500 (03-11-2017), tyndall (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Girl View Post
I think we all quite aware that accidents can be prevented in some cases. That is the train of thought behind closing down highways in a blizzard condition. Bad things happen, when poor choices are made. At least nobody was killed in this storm. We are human, we all make mistakes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtrussell For This Useful Post:
Blue Girl (03-11-2017), TRX 500 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:16 PM

asiemens has a spectacular aura aboutasiemens has a spectacular aura about
For what it's worth, not that I think it applies to that road at that time necessarily, but just cuz a road is labeled closed doesn't mean it should be. That morning I woke up, looked at road conditions, 75 was open, 23 was closed. I postponed going to work until I had verification from someone on the road as to what conditions were. After that I went to work, road still closed. There was not a single snowflake on the road! Not a single section of ice either, unless you count the crevice between the pavement and he shoulder. After I got to work I looked at road conditions again and found that they had updated the conditions of 23.......still closed! Why? There was no good reason for it! You could've had a guy fresh off the plane from Bolivia, attempt a run on that road at 100mph and nothing would've happened because there is no such thing as better conditions than that.

All I'm saying is, the website is not always a good indication of actual road conditions. For hwy 1 at the time of the incident, closed was probably the right call. Not always though and that's where you'll have people out on the road when it's closed, because the site can't be trusted.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:15 AM
bernie

Bert will become famous soon enoughBert will become famous soon enough
semi drivers

I think a lot of semi drivers now are no longer professionals and are just steering wheel holders. I know a lot of semi drivers that I have a lot of respect for but as they retire and I look at the new drivers and I shake my head. Not all new drivers are immigrants either as I am aware of a few farmers that drive their farm semi without a class 1 even though it it required. I leave you with this recent video a trucker friend sent me. http://globalnews.ca/news/3297936/ne.../?sf61173176=1
Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 AM

w o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to behold
Most of those CN drivers are new Canadians. That would explain it.

78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts
Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 AM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I think a lot of semi drivers now are no longer professionals and are just steering wheel holders. I know a lot of semi drivers that I have a lot of respect for but as they retire and I look at the new drivers and I shake my head. Not all new drivers are immigrants either as I am aware of a few farmers that drive their farm semi without a class 1 even though it it required. I leave you with this recent video a trucker friend sent me. http://globalnews.ca/news/3297936/ne.../?sf61173176=1
I've seen that numerous times on our way to Toronto. Stupid semi drivers passing each other on hills with corners . That was 15 years ago. I hate sharing number 1 in Ontario with truckers. They just don't seem to give a shit
Old 03-15-2017, 10:19 AM

w o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to beholdw o 7 mucker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcr700 View Post
I've seen that numerous times on our way to Toronto. Stupid semi drivers passing each other on hills with corners . That was 15 years ago. I hate sharing number 1 in Ontario with truckers. They just don't seem to give a shit
Per capita there are a whole lot more idiots In 4 wheelers than semi's. i've been driving truck since 1985 and longhaul since 2004 the number of people I could have killed is mindboggling if I wouldn't have been driving defensively. One day more than likely it will happen. Buddy of mine just t-boned a 17 year old girl in Kansas, pulled out in front of him, killed her instantly another buddy killed 2 people they went thru a stop sign. These guys are both messed up for life. This guy that hit the snowmobile will probably be scarred for life also, what was he doing on the road, out there, bringing stuff someone needs. One comment earlier stated in a hurry to go nowhere. More than likely the guy in the ditch was going nowhere or the storm chaser was in a hurry to go no where or the snowmobiles were in a hurry to go nowhere. Imagine going to a grocery store or pharmacy and the shelves were bare. Just remember if you got it a truck brought it. People need to give trucks a little more respect on the roads. Jmo.

78 Harley Superglide. Custom stretched frame, and lowered
03 800 Rev.
77 moto-ski sonic 340ts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w o 7 mucker For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (03-15-2017), tyndall (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by w o 7 mucker View Post
Per capita there are a whole lot more idiots In 4 wheelers than semi's. i've been driving truck since 1985 and longhaul since 2004 the number of people I could have killed is mindboggling if I wouldn't have been driving defensively. One day more than likely it will happen. Buddy of mine just t-boned a 17 year old girl in Kansas, pulled out in front of him, killed her instantly another buddy killed 2 people they went thru a stop sign. These guys are both messed up for life. This guy that hit the snowmobile will probably be scarred for life also, what was he doing on the road, out there, bringing stuff someone needs. One comment earlier stated in a hurry to go nowhere. More than likely the guy in the ditch was going nowhere or the storm chaser was in a hurry to go no where or the snowmobiles were in a hurry to go nowhere. Imagine going to a grocery store or pharmacy and the shelves were bare. Just remember if you got it a truck brought it. People need to give trucks a little more respect on the roads. Jmo.

no doubt...don't know if its because every year I am getting older so I notice more of it or just more time on my hands to notice it but just every year there are more and more.

- idiots
- I can do whatever I want when I want
- rules do not apply to me
- I am more important than you are
- I am in more of a rush than you are

kinda people out there.

the other day in Fort Richmond a southbound SUV driver missed his turn off so was backing up in the MIDDLE of Pembina Highway to get back to the turn off into the retail parking lot he / she wanted. Was more important than all the other driver out there just wouldn't go around with a u-turn or other solution.

So many people out there are thinking they are bullet proof sure youtube and the like not helping this attitude out either.

ahh... feels good to rant a bit once and a while though.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
w o 7 mucker (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 AM

Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,881 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by w o 7 mucker View Post
the number of people I could have killed is mindboggling if I wouldn't have been driving defensively. .
This is so true... i see it all the time.
w o 7 mucker (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM

KevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to beholdKevinS is a splendid one to behold
Go Fund Me page setup for the sledder

https://www.gofundme.com/good-samaritan-needs-our-help
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinS For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:50 AM

asiemens has a spectacular aura aboutasiemens has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
Go Fund Me page setup for the sledder

https://www.gofundme.com/good-samaritan-needs-our-help

States:
"a semi driver drove around a barricade onto the closed highway,"
is this a known fact or still assumption?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asiemens For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (03-15-2017), tyndall (03-15-2017), w o 7 mucker (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiemens View Post
States:
"a semi driver drove around a barricade onto the closed highway,"
is this a known fact or still assumption?
I think that was common knowledge, as highway had been closed for several hours, and several hundred kilometers. Still a sad deal. Won't help him recover any quicker.

Tags
plows, snowmobile