If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Canadian GPS Tracks > Manitoba

Old 04-26-2017, 02:45 PM

yeuker is on a distinguished road
Good Family trail Riding in Western MB

Hey Everyone, looking to get out for a 2 family dirtbike/quad weekend with my brother in May. I'm from Winnipeg and he is on they yellowhead near the SK border. Anywhere in between would be awesome. Our requirements:

We have kids ages 7,8,12,13 all on dirt bikes and 3 adults on bikes and 1 on a quad. Riding needs to be not super hard. Secondly... looking for a good place to lodge for the weekend. Ideally somewhere with a hot tub :-). Is this the right forum for this question. If not, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks again everyone.

Yeuker
Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 PM

Would staying in Brandon and riding from Camp Hughes be a good option?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM

I.e. Are we allowed to ride that land?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 08:28 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Camp Hughs allows orv's but be careful where you go, some portions are off limits
Old 04-27-2017, 08:48 AM

Thanks!

I also got the reccomendation of Camp Hughes from a friend in Virden area who said it was allowed. I'll plate up our bikes.

One last question. Do kids bikes need plates? I.e. We have two daughters (7 and 8). They will probably only ride a trail a year. Are we required to plate their XR 50 and DRZ 70?

Yeuker
Old 04-27-2017, 05:09 PM

chillywilly will become famous soon enough
Camp H on the north side would be good for you. You cant get lost as it is fenced on 3 sides, and the trans can on the south side, and there for you should not get into any areas where you should not be. Not going to say this officially but I would not worry about plateing the kids bikes, all my years riding there I have never seen law enforcement there. Easy riding with a mix of sandy trails, hard trails, bush and hilly terrain. Stay in Brandon any you are 15-20 mins away. I live 10 mins from there, PM me if you like.

Tags
family, riding, trail, western