If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions > ATV Accesories

Old 06-24-2017, 02:55 PM
tcs99

clay99 will become famous soon enough
Light bar install

I am installing a light bar and some pods on my 16 highlifter edition ranger 900. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I cannot find a keyed power source. The third post on the accessory block is supposed to be keyed power. (I thought) anyone know where I can find a keyed power source I don't really splice into any ignition wires if I don't have to. My switches are lighted and I don't want to run directly from the battery.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Nozzleweed

Thanked 1,031 Times in 390 Posts
Nozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud ofNozzleweed has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay99 View Post
I am installing a light bar and some pods on my 16 highlifter edition ranger 900. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I cannot find a keyed power source. The third post on the accessory block is supposed to be keyed power. (I thought) anyone know where I can find a keyed power source I don't really splice into any ignition wires if I don't have to. My switches are lighted and I don't want to run directly from the battery.

I assume you have a cigarette lighter plug in. They are usually keyed power source and easy to splice into the spade connector on them without messing up the wiring. I would try that. Not familiar with Ranger but I would assume they would be the same.
24" LED light bar
5" cage chop
5 seater conversion
STM secondary

CEO Founder
WWW.YETIUTV.COM
Old 06-25-2017, 05:45 PM
tcs99

clay99 will become famous soon enough
Thanks. My cigarette lighter is constant power also. But I got it figured out. There was a blown fuse for my accessory terminal block. Dealer must have hooked up the winch on the wrong post or something, that I can only assume because they somehow forgot to grease my bike and left the sway bar end link off (still waiting for the parts since the end of April btw) but I appreciate the reply. 👍

Tags
install, light