If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions

Old 02-28-2017, 03:00 PM

03prox700 will become famous soon enough03prox700 will become famous soon enough
This weather's lookin real promising for some good ice fishin.

Oerlikon80 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 05:35 PM

ALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really nice
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerlikon80 View Post
Actually you are wrong ATV'ers are organized in Manitoba. Hence the start of the designated ATV trail system in the Sandilands and with all the ATV/UTV/ and dirt bike traffic I saw last fall its not hard to see how popular these machines have become. And seeing how the tree huggers and leaf lickers are trying to pry apart the various groups here in Alberta we will all need to band together. And if you still disagree with me well that's to be expected as Manitoba has always been a bit on the 'slow' side when it comes to Inter-provincial issues like this.
You can call me wrong all you like, but it doesn't make me wrong. ATV clubs are present in the province, but their membership rates represent 1% of ATVers in Manitoba. Last I heard, the four or five clubs are all in the Winnipeg area, leaving the rest of the province without organized representation.

ATVs have caused plenty of trail damage in the province and in miy opinion, are at the heart of many trail bans. See my post above.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:52 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALuCsRED View Post
You can call me wrong all you like, but it doesn't make me wrong. ATV clubs are present in the province, but their membership rates represent 1% of ATVers in Manitoba. Last I heard, the four or five clubs are all in the Winnipeg area, leaving the rest of the province without organized representation.

ATVs have caused plenty of trail damage in the province and in miy opinion, are at the heart of many trail bans. See my post above.
Well sure they have to start somewhere the snowmobile clubs did............................................... ..............
The Following User Says Thank You to Oerlikon80 For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,876 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
conservation and the government are in constant contact with the clubs and atv mb.
As membership increases, they will b the majority.
we have seen groups of 30 and more on rides, u never see that with sleds.
Hartman-52 (03-02-2017), Oerlikon80 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,804 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym63 View Post
conservation and the government are in constant contact with the clubs and atv mb.
As membership increases, they will b the majority.
we have seen groups of 30 and more on rides, u never see that with sleds.
While that is true, I would suspect there are quite a few snowmobile poker derbies throughout the province.

Its a shame these two entities cannot co ordinate their best practises rather than sitting back and taking pot shots at one another. There are a lot of us who ride both. Personally I feel I would be served better if all o.r.v. clubs ( sleds and quads ) were fully organized and under an organizational umbrella similar to the Snoman model.

Last edited by barkerlakebob; 02-28-2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: ..........missed some verbage...............
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barkerlakebob For This Useful Post:
583formulaz (03-01-2017), ALuCsRED (02-28-2017), freelance (03-01-2017), Oerlikon80 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:20 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
I could easily see ATVMB trying to unite both groups and being open to it as it really helps everybody. Sadly the snowmobile groups just seem to be a bunch of ignorant old men its a real shame.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oerlikon80 For This Useful Post:
ALuCsRED (02-28-2017), MADTRAPPER (02-28-2017), Mudforce (03-01-2017), tonym63 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,919 Times in 1,804 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Cool ............And away we go...............lol..................

Quote:
I could easily see ATVMB trying to unite both groups and being open to it as it really helps everybody. Sadly the snowmobile groups just seem to be a bunch of ignorant old men its a real shame.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg missed it by that much !!.jpeg (7.7 KB, 14 views)
ALuCsRED (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 PM

ALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really nice
Quote:
We're getting quite off topic here. I don't understand ATVers think Snoman should fix ATVing for Manitoba. Snoman was formed by Snowmobile Clubs to develop Snowmobile trails and represent Snowmobiliers' interests across the province.

That being said, ATVers need to get ATVMB past its infancy and into a place where it will represent the majority of ATVers and the majority of regions across the province.
RUNNER (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 PM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
We're getting quite off topic here. I don't understand ATVers think Snoman should fix ATVing for Manitoba. Snoman was formed by Snowmobile Clubs to develop Snowmobile trails and represent Snowmobiliers' interests across the province.

That being said, ATVers need to get ATVMB past its infancy and into a place where it will represent the majority of ATVers and the majority of regions across the province.
How do you know they're not striving towards that end?
What have you done to contribute?

And we should probably all be asking ourselves that question.
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400

Last edited by Ziptie; 02-28-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-28-2017, 07:40 PM

JeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to all
Trail pass for atvs might help properly fund their advancement. JMO
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeffGordon For This Useful Post:
Mudforce (03-01-2017), Shoemaker (02-28-2017), tonym63 (02-28-2017), TOOTHPICK (03-03-2017), xcr700 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:46 PM

new to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura aboutnew to can am 800 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGordon View Post
I really don't think that's a crazy idea I just don't want to be riding down a trail mid warm July day and have sleds passing me on trail we paying for lmao but I would be a go for the "trail pass" idea
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to new to can am 800 For This Useful Post:
ChuckBlack (03-01-2017), JeffGordon (02-28-2017), Mudforce (03-01-2017), tonym63 (02-28-2017), TOOTHPICK (03-03-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:46 PM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGordon View Post
Not that I disagree with you but I am curious what you think the trail passes would do for ATVMB?

What does more money help?
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
Old 02-28-2017, 07:50 PM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by new to can am 800 View Post
I really don't think that's a crazy idea I just don't want to be riding down a trail mid warm July day and have sleds passing me on trail we paying for lmao but I would be a go for the "trail pass" idea
Fawk
Old 02-28-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
How do you know they're not striving towards that end?
What have you done to contribute?
They may be striving, but they are stuck in no man's land right now. The west and north sides of the province have little to no representation.

What have I done? I attended meetings of the Westman Trails Group. I've taken time from work to sit on the Duck Mountain Trails Working Group committee.

I've also been a club member and club executive with multiple sledding clubs, as well as a regional member and regional executive within the Snoman umbrella.
arcticcatktm (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 PM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,876 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I attended meetings of the Westman Trails Group. I've taken time from work to sit on the Duck Mountain Trails Working Group committee.

I've also been a club member and club executive with multiple sledding clubs, as well as a regional member and regional executive within the Snoman umbrella.
Good to hear. more volunteers the better.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 AM

visonator can only hope to improve
ATVers get their panties all in a bunch because some organization has shut down a few trails for a few months of the year. There are 2000 miles plus of trails in this province that ATVers have destroyed so nobody uses them anymore not even ATVers. The are many more miles and areas that can only be used by highly modified ATVs . Yet tell them that there is an area they can't go and immediately they are being picked on.

Again they always bring up well it is grown land we are allowed well that holds true for other user groups as well that can't use grown land after ATVers have destroyed it. If ATVers want the respect from other users than they have to also respect the rights of those other users.

ATVers always want to spout the law when it comes to land use. There are laws out there regarding the use of alcohol while operating an motorized vehicle but again and again ATVers choose to ignore that law. In fact they pride themselves in how many people they can get at their derby events which openly condone the practice of consuming alcohol while driving an ATV. In fact as one ATVer put it on a social media page " we go for the beer and the mud and in that order"

ATVer have proven, and in-fact pride themselves, in the fact that the only real way to enjoy their sport is to be destroying the trail they ride on. I think they call it technical riding.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM
XTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by visonator View Post
ATVers get their panties all in a bunch because some organization has shut down a few trails for a few months of the year. There are 2000 miles plus of trails in this province that ATVers have destroyed so nobody uses them anymore not even ATVers. The are many more miles and areas that can only be used by highly modified ATVs . Yet tell them that there is an area they can't go and immediately they are being picked on.

Again they always bring up well it is grown land we are allowed well that holds true for other user groups as well that can't use grown land after ATVers have destroyed it. If ATVers want the respect from other users than they have to also respect the rights of those other users.

ATVers always want to spout the law when it comes to land use. There are laws out there regarding the use of alcohol while operating an motorized vehicle but again and again ATVers choose to ignore that law. In fact they pride themselves in how many people they can get at their derby events which openly condone the practice of consuming alcohol while driving an ATV. In fact as one ATVer put it on a social media page " we go for the beer and the mud and in that order"

ATVer have proven, and in-fact pride themselves, in the fact that the only real way to enjoy their sport is to be destroying the trail they ride on. I think they call it technical riding.

Do you just copy and paste?
Paint paint paint paint with the same brush.

I was wondering how long before you showed up, now we know.
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ziptie For This Useful Post:
boak (03-01-2017), RUNNER (03-01-2017), tonym63 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 AM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute

Shoe.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Sons of Mud member

Fox1000 will become famous soon enoughFox1000 will become famous soon enough
Show the facts of where 2000 miles are destroyed and not passable..you never post facts just your opinion which is always negative and blind to the real truths
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fox1000 For This Useful Post:
bbrent (03-01-2017), mlkoop (03-02-2017), Oerlikon80 (03-01-2017), RUNNER (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 10:41 AM
Miami Motorsports Pres.

Runnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the roughRunnin' Wild is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post

Shoe.
Shoe I hit that button over a year ago. Cooler heads prevail lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin' Wild For This Useful Post:
MADTRAPPER (03-01-2017), Shoemaker (03-01-2017)

Tags
closed, crown, trails