If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV General Discussions

Old 03-26-2017, 05:00 PM

parkerbrotha will become famous soon enoughparkerbrotha will become famous soon enough
how old does my kid have to be to ride

Boy has a 110cc chinese quad. He is 7 and rides very well. When i get a quad i want him to ride with me. Is he allowed on the trails on his own at that age? Does his quad need to be registered?

OR do i have to get a 2 up seat and he rides with me?
Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 PM

parkerbrotha will become famous soon enoughparkerbrotha will become famous soon enough
from what i have read, ATVers under 14 need supervision of an adult and a helmet. Okay, no real difference than a snowmobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to parkerbrotha For This Useful Post:
gtrussell (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 07:42 PM

gtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the roughgtrussell is a jewel in the rough
Not sure on the age, but as said helmet is a must.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:14 PM

can am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nicecan am is just really nice
Think theres a issue with crossing public road ways you will have drive quad across
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to can am For This Useful Post:
bbrent (03-27-2017), sleeper (03-27-2017), tonym63 (03-26-2017), tyndall (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 10:33 PM

yes, i believe you are correct. I think all ORV fall under the same blanket
Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 AM

Thanked 1,292 Times in 713 Posts
WARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud ofWARHAMMER has much to be proud of
also has to be youth quad can't be full size
parkerbrotha (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 AM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Click on the image below to be taken to MPI's ORV Brochure, or scroll down to open the attachment.

Page 8:
Rules for operating your ORV
Age requirements:

Under 14 years of age
You can operate an ORV only under the direct
supervision of your parent/legal guardian or a
person over the age of 18 authorized by your
parent/legal guardian. You can travel in ditches
but you cannot cross or travel on roadways,
shoulders or sidewalks.

14+ years of age (without a valid driverís licence)
You can operate an ORV unsupervised.* You can
travel in ditches but you cannot cross or travel
on roadways, shoulders or sidewalks.

15M+ years of age (with a valid Learner Stage
driverís licence)
You can operate an ORV unsupervised.* You can
travel in ditches but you cannot cross or travel on
roadways, shoulders or sidewalks.

16+ years of age (with a valid Intermediate or
Full Stage driverís licence)
You can operate an ORV anywhere that ORV use
is permitted as long as you follow the rules laid
out in The Off-Road Vehicles Act. Many of those
rules are described in this brochure.

Manufacturers may provide a minimum age
recommendation that should be followed.
This does not override the requirements of
The Off-Road Vehicles Act.

* Except a motorcycle, four-wheel drive or snow vehicle
that is eligible for registration under The Drivers and
Vehicles Act.

Click on the image below to be taken to the Gov of MB website regarding all MB laws in effect for ATV's.

Happy riding!

Shoe.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ORVBrochure.pdf (1.07 MB, 3 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 PM

Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,344 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
We just had a dad pickup a new Cat 300 for his 9 year old son today.You couldn't have wiped the smile off that young lads face and now he can quad with his dad.
The Following User Says Thank You to criksidebob For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM

arcticcatktm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbrotha View Post
Boy has a 110cc chinese quad. He is 7 and rides very well. When i get a quad i want him to ride with me. Is he allowed on the trails on his own at that age? Does his quad need to be registered?

OR do i have to get a 2 up seat and he rides with me?
My kid was 7 when she got a rzr 170, shes 10 now and a unbelieveable driver, take her on the trails all the time no matter the terrain. Some people frown on it i'm sure but its my kid and i feel she knows what to expect. I got no problem seeing the lil guys have fun on the trails.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arcticcatktm For This Useful Post:
parkerbrotha (03-28-2017), Shoemaker (03-29-2017), sleeper (03-29-2017), tyndall (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 AM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcatktm View Post
My kid was 7 when she got a rzr 170, shes 10 now and a unbelieveable driver, take her on the trails all the time no matter the terrain. Some people frown on it i'm sure but its my kid and i feel she knows what to expect. I got no problem seeing the lil guys have fun on the trails.
Awesome, let the Kid's be kids! Train them skills wise and safety wise, and let them ride. Show them the mechanical side of maintenance and upkeep.

I started on a go-kart at the age of 2. Mini bikes at 7. Dirt-bikes at 16. Eventually I will get the hang of these things..... R is for Racing right?

Shoe.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:47 PM

arcticcatktm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
Awesome, let the Kid's be kids! Train them skills wise and safety wise, and let them ride. Show them the mechanical side of maintenance and upkeep.

I started on a go-kart at the age of 2. Mini bikes at 7. Dirt-bikes at 16. Eventually I will get the hang of these things..... R is for Racing right?

Shoe.
My first dirt-bike when i was 5, rode everyday i could thanks to free farm fuel, it was the life, cleaned it and serviced it almost everyday, rode many different brands, started racing mma in 98 when i was 15, till i retired in 2008. Still get that itch every spring........actually came across my vintage pics from 1998 mma first race in baldur, very funny.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcticcatktm For This Useful Post:
robbie (03-30-2017), Shoemaker (03-29-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 06:01 AM

Thanked 1,455 Times in 614 Posts
RUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond reputeRUNNER has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcatktm View Post
Start them young both my girls 10 and 12 are junior ATV black belts too, they can do a all day ride on a manual shift SRA Honda. And go where we go.
Shoemaker (03-30-2017), tonym63 (04-01-2017)