If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Suzuki ATV

Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 PM

Google7 is on a distinguished road
King Quad 700 Reverse Overide

ok How do you bypass the reverse overide it's really pissing me off when i'm trying to back out of a mud hole and stuff

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
06 King rollen on BACKS.

indy500 is a name known to allindy500 is a name known to allindy500 is a name known to allindy500 is a name known to allindy500 is a name known to allindy500 is a name known to all
Easiest way is to buy a vdi, but expensive. The other way I copied it over from Nyroc's atv site.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU WILL HAVE FULL THROTTLE IN REVERSE AND RISK LOSS OF CONTROL! THIS IS FOR IMFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

This mod will eliminate the reverse limiter. Be aware, this can cause a very dangerous situation as you will then have full power in reverse. The limiter is designed in as a safety feature. Defeating it could cause you bodily harm so do this at your own risk. You can also possibly have an issue if you have the reverse bushing instead of bearing if it were to heat up due to the extra power, possibly causing you a lot of damage in the tranny if it were to break. Just so you know what you are getting into. The long term effects have also not been proven so do this mod at your own risk.

First, you need to obtain an automotive style relay, 4 or 5 spades. You only need 4 spades for this mod but if you can only find the 5 spade version, it will still work.

There are two female bayonet connectors behind the tail light. One is blue with a red tracer, the other is orange with a yellow tracer. The blue wire connects to ground with the key on and shifter placed in reverse. Connect the blue/r wire to relay terminal #86 to act as the trigger. Terminal #85 gets hooked to switched 12V power source. These two wires are what cause the relay to activate.

Terminal #87 gets connected to a good ground. Terminal #30 gets connected to the Hi diode, white wire with yellow stripe.

When the relay is activated, it will cause the ground from terminal 87 to be sent to terminal 30. Grounding the Hi diode is what eliminates the reverse limiter.

This is the type of relay you are looking for.

The reverse light wires are located behind your tail light. They can be accessed a little easier from behind your storage box.

The Hi Diode is located under the left side panel taped to the wire loom.

I got a quad for the wife today, thought it was a fair TRADE.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Quads add spice to life

Thanked 1,199 Times in 584 Posts
The Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get stuck is your best bet.
2nd -2 - 350 Honda Foutrax
3rd - 06 Vinson
4th - The King 750,08
5th - 2011 Camo Commander 1000XT.
Bit of a break, bought a S2000 for now
Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 AM

well sometimes you just need the extra oumpfff to get out of some $hit

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
quad central = crane lake

QUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud of
save yourself an hr and just run the wire from the H diode straight to the battery negative. the ONLY down side is your rev limiter kicks in in NEUTRAL unless you push your override button. i did the relay style override on my 700 and then cheated and left out the relay on my 750 king. been running it for over a yr like this and wont waste my time wiring up a relay again. you should cut your wire to your diff lock as well to get rid of the limiter there too

2012 Outlander 1000XT Magnesium

2004 chev dmax- 6" Procomp lift, 35" Duratracs, airaid filter, 33" Nitto terra grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Magnaflow exhuast

2003 Suzuki Vinson 500 5spd
Old 04-04-2010, 09:13 AM

hey thanks Quadnut

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM

QUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud ofQUADNUT has much to be proud of
no problem. bypass the limiters, clutch it, add decent tires, and tweak the cvt snorkles and the king can be very competitive with any big bore in any situation and still offer great reliability and it only cost a few dollars and a couple hrs of your time.

2004 chev dmax- 6" Procomp lift, 35" Duratracs, airaid filter, 33" Nitto terra grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Magnaflow exhuast

Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 PM

hey got lost in the wiring here where do i find the white/y wire the only one i found was going into the CDI unit and if it is that wire do i cut it or splice into it

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500 View Post
Easiest way is to buy a vdi, but expensive. The other way I copied it over from Nyroc's atv site.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU WILL HAVE FULL THROTTLE IN REVERSE AND RISK LOSS OF CONTROL! THIS IS FOR IMFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

This mod will eliminate the reverse limiter. Be aware, this can cause a very dangerous situation as you will then have full power in reverse. The limiter is designed in as a safety feature. Defeating it could cause you bodily harm so do this at your own risk. You can also possibly have an issue if you have the reverse bushing instead of bearing if it were to heat up due to the extra power, possibly causing you a lot of damage in the tranny if it were to break. Just so you know what you are getting into. The long term effects have also not been proven so do this mod at your own risk.

First, you need to obtain an automotive style relay, 4 or 5 spades. You only need 4 spades for this mod but if you can only find the 5 spade version, it will still work.

There are two female bayonet connectors behind the tail light. One is blue with a red tracer, the other is orange with a yellow tracer. The blue wire connects to ground with the key on and shifter placed in reverse. Connect the blue/r wire to relay terminal #86 to act as the trigger. Terminal #85 gets hooked to switched 12V power source. These two wires are what cause the relay to activate.

Terminal #87 gets connected to a good ground. Terminal #30 gets connected to the Hi diode, white wire with yellow stripe.

When the relay is activated, it will cause the ground from terminal 87 to be sent to terminal 30. Grounding the Hi diode is what eliminates the reverse limiter.

This is the type of relay you are looking for.

The reverse light wires are located behind your tail light. They can be accessed a little easier from behind your storage box.

The Hi Diode is located under the left side panel taped to the wire loom.

The last picture shows the diode (the black thingy taped to the white plug connector) with wires going to it. you can see roughly where it is by locating your left upper engine mount. you can see corner of it in pic. its a few inches from there. just stick splice or stick or secure a wire from there to the ground. just use alligator clips and test it out first on jack stands or in neutral to see if u have it right. do not cut any wires and dont hack anything near the ecm... except your diff lock wire...

Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM

ok I figure it out but now i try to start it and it's REALLY hard to start
Then i take the wire off the negative and it will start fine

Do you think i should put that Relay in there

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Kingkong is just really niceKingkong is just really niceKingkong is just really niceKingkong is just really niceKingkong is just really nice
be careful on that 05 KQ unless its a late model 05 and has the bearing update. The 5yr warranty is almost up. I was behind a guy at rocanville last year who fried the reverse bushing by going a little to hard in the thick mud.....expensive!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM

ya i know but i think i'm ok for the serial number range

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Well i did it
I cut the override button wires then soldered new wires one to the white/yellow wire then the other is hooked up to negative on Batt Works like a charm

98 V-max 700

71 Boa Ski

74 olympic

72 Green Goblin
Old 05-15-2017, 02:34 AM

kingturd is on a distinguished road
im interested in doing this relay mod on mine but cant see your pictures to see what im looking at , I found the two wires and wired them up to the relay as stated and used 12v fused from the battery and ground to the battery but when I start the wheeler and put it in reverse the ignition fuse blows , the relay still works due to I can hear/feel it clicking but keeps blowing my ignition fuse , help is much appreciated
Old 05-15-2017, 11:51 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
assuming the override switch is a momentary switch just replace the switch with a permanent on off switch.

Tags
overide, reverse