If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Canadian GPS Tracks > Manitoba

Old 04-26-2017, 02:42 PM

yeuker is on a distinguished road
Marchand on a dirtbike

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking to get out riding in Marchand area this weekend on a dirtbike. I'm pretty old and mostly suck at riding bikes but do love it a lot. Could someone please suggest a place to park and a good route?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:48 PM

I'm not tied to Marchand either. Richer area I heard good as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:00 PM

Thanked 6,546 Times in 2,585 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
park S.E. of the Marchand Wayside Provincial Park. Don't park in the picnic area (not allowed) but a little further up the highway on south side is a parking lot.

In google maps enter here.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/49%C2%B025'55.6%22N+96%C2%B016'22.7%22W/@49.432119,-96.2751707,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d49.432119!4d-96.272982

lots of easy riding logging roads and trails in this area for us older / slower bike riders.

Park where the green picnic table is show.
Voyegeur shelter not there anymore
the red and blue line is the official off road trail that's signed and well used.
You can also see a lot of logging/fire gaurd roads on this map.
you cann't ride on the yellow lines those are the roads/highway but the other lines are all ridable and have lots of little trails running off of them.
Its from my CSX like yours.
I would recommend heading up towards suicide hill for a newbie in the area or stay on the signed/cleared official trail system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (245.5 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by boak; 04-26-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Polaris dealer

S.A.R. Adam has a spectacular aura aboutS.A.R. Adam has a spectacular aura about
There's a group of us that ride Thursday evening's, we meet at "Suicide hill" for 5. Pretty much all single track riding. All levels of rider, and bike's.
The Following User Says Thank You to S.A.R. Adam For This Useful Post:
ProComp (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:00 AM

I would be super interested in that. I'll PM you for sure. Won't get out next week, but the weeks following would work.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 790 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
Did you get out to Marchand Yeuker? If so, how was it? I'm looking for somewhere to trail ride on my dirt bike.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:28 PM

Yep went out two weekends ago for the ride for cancer. Super awesome. We rode quad trails all day because we had a quad with us but saw a pile of singletrack. Going back soon. Bring something to cover your mouth like a bandana if you plan on riding the Sandy areas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 790 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
How would the quad trails have been for a dirt bike?
Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 AM

Thanked 6,546 Times in 2,585 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeuker View Post
Yep went out two weekends ago for the ride for cancer. Super awesome. We rode quad trails all day because we had a quad with us but saw a pile of singletrack. Going back soon. Bring something to cover your mouth like a bandana if you plan on riding the Sandy areas.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Nail on the head with that one.
Riding the S.E. dry trails in a group more than not means both you and your ride both being forced to eat a pound or two of grit.

I remember back about 15 years ago at a dry derby my buddy ruined an engine on an almost brand new Grizzly. He had installed one of those high flow paper air filters not quite properly and a lot of dust made it through and around the filter.

Moral of that story is on those wickedly dry trails in the S. E. of our province during group rides I check my air filter before / during / after as its amazing how much of that dust can end up going through your engine. I really like the can-am system I have now thats a paper element first then a oiled foam filter second. Amazes me how much gets through the factory paper and then stopped by the oiled foam element.

Cheers

Tags
dirtbike, marchand