If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Can-Am ATV

Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM

d_douce will become famous soon enoughd_douce will become famous soon enough
Canam Gen2 Outty chassis Shorty VS XMR Max

Looking for opinions on the Gen2 chassis in particular the pros and cons of getting into the MAX chassis vs the shorty. Theres concerns that there is issues with the the air ride on the XMR. Really like the stock options that come with XMR but nothing that cant be added to a stock shorty. What do you guys think
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM
The X factor

oh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to beholdoh_lenny is a splendid one to behold
My first hand opinion is that yes there is an issue with the air ride mine is in the shop as I type this with a malfunctioning air compressor, but on the other hand when the air ride is working and you have it set with the most height the xmr is unstoppable. The extra length gives you a smoother and more stable ride than the shortie on trails that have continuous mogals but it is harder to wheelie.The other issue is I have is that I feel my front springs are a little on the soft side and I am currently looking at putting spring spacers on them just to stiffen it up a little more.The bonus with getting the XMR is the rad relocate is all ready done and it comes with a larger rad.Quadingmaniac could tell you the cost of converting a shortie to factory XMR specs because he just completed his gen 2 build. good luck with you choice either way you will love it!
2008 32 foot Puma Bunk House 5th Wheel
2007 Victory Vegas Jackpot Custom
1995 Astro 20 FSX 200 Mariner
16 foot crestliner with 9.9 Johnson
2014 BRP Sea Doo RXP-X-AS 260
Garmin Montana
Garmin 60 csx
Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 PM

Tothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond repute
The shorty is way more fun tcan wheelie and rip around alot more easier than the longer base XMR i personally like my short chassie outty 1000 way more. Rad relocates and snorkles are cheap.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 PM
4strokejunkie

2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice
I agree with Tothebar that the shorty is way more funner to play with than the xmr.A few guys i know have sold their xmr and gone back to shorty frames...

Facebook -- RPM Repair
Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
South Interlake ATV Club

Thanked 1,558 Times in 685 Posts
jimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant futurejimbits has a brilliant future
I converted my gen 1 into a shorty xMR and it ended up costing more than if I just bought a xMR to start. It was nice not to have the air ride issues though.

Twitter @MBATVRideForDad
Facebook Manitoba ATV Ride For Dad
[/SIZE]
Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Depends on how much you want the advantages of the longer chassis. Carrying passengers, climbing hills, or in the mud the longer chassis has the advantage. Tight trails, playing around the extra wheelbase is a disadvantage.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM

d_douce will become famous soon enoughd_douce will become famous soon enough
Intresting feedback, was just seeing if there was significant disadvantages to goin with the MAX chassis. Although the lift on the shortys is great fun, it seems to hinder the shorties when racing. They cant seem to keep the front end planted thus not putting the power to the ground. My train of though was that with a few mods you could still make the XMR wheelie. Throw on a QSC/STM, exhaust, fuel tuner, and some cams, that front end would have no choice but to go sky high. But really dont want feel like driving im school bus for the rest of the time not in a pit(%90). Also liked the tought that your warrenty on power train and axels with 30's. No passengers with how we ride lols only advantage we would be looking for is in the pits. Seems like everyone sticks with the shorties.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Trail rider

mbstar is a jewel in the roughmbstar is a jewel in the roughmbstar is a jewel in the rough
I like my gen 1 xmr. The air ride issues are easily fixed with 20$ worth of parts. It took a bit to get mine to wheelie but I figured it out. It just sucks to have to have a big truck or a trailer to haul it.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Digger

gkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to behold
Those few inches of length aren't that noticeable to me, except when loading in the box of the truck, can't close the tailgate
Old 06-22-2013, 06:13 PM

IRONHYDE will become famous soon enough
the XMR 650 is a great machine on the short chassis. I love mine! definitely recommend considering it.

Tags
canam, chassis, outty, shorty