If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Can-Am ATV

Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM
BRRRRRAAAAPPP!!

avsavenger will become famous soon enough
2014 outlander xmr how to pull pcodes

Hi all

Got a friend that is having his check engine and limp mode come on. He is wanting to pull pcodes from quad. How do you do it on the new 2014's?
29.5" Outlaw 2's on 14" MSA M12 Deisel
Can Am wrap around hand guards
Looney Tuned exhaust
Superwinch 3500lbs winch with Amsteel Blue synthetic winch cable
XMR rad relocate kit
Dobeck Gen 4 with AFR+ Fuel programmer
Old 05-30-2014, 06:37 PM

Tothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond reputeTothebar has a reputation beyond repute
Take it to can am hook it to the b.u.d.s system your cant pull codes without that system.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:12 PM

yellowcamaross is on a distinguished road
Turn your key to the "run with headlights on" position (engine does not need to be running), scroll your speedo to total elapsed hours, push and hold the scroll button and with 2 seconds flick your high/low headlight switch multiple times. P-codes will scroll by.
This works on my 12 Outty 800r. If it doesnt work the first time, start over, you probably didnt do it fast enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowcamaross For This Useful Post:
Maxter (05-31-2014)
Old 05-31-2014, 10:04 AM
No Worries, Be Happy

Thanked 2,182 Times in 565 Posts
Maxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond reputeMaxter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcamaross View Post
Turn your key to the "run with headlights on" position (engine does not need to be running), scroll your speedo to total elapsed hours, push and hold the scroll button and with 2 seconds flick your high/low headlight switch multiple times. P-codes will scroll by.
This works on my 12 Outty 800r. If it doesnt work the first time, start over, you probably didnt do it fast enough.
That is really intersting. I've looked for this info for many years. How did you find this procedure out. (if you don't mind sharing )
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope,28" Outlaws
Garmin Gps map60csx Montana 600

HERS
2011 Can-Am 650 Max XT
27" Mudlite XTR's, Garmin Gps map60csx
Hand & Thumb warmers, Amsteel rope
Old 05-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Ranger Rzr Rider

jeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant future
Thought you were the man !

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2014, 08:05 PM
4strokejunkie

2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice
The engine light and limp mode is more likely from high temp...clean your rad good and restart the bike and it should go away...

Facebook -- RPM Repair
Old 05-31-2014, 11:14 PM

yellowcamaross is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
That is really intersting. I've looked for this info for many years. How did you find this procedure out. (if you don't mind sharing )
I dont remember exactly how I stumbled on this, likely youtube or canamforums.com, I searched for it on youtube yesterday to be sure I got the steps correct and found it quickly. So I guess I cant take too much credit! Just passing it along.
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowcamaross For This Useful Post:
Maxter (06-01-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 10:42 AM

psychositko will become famous soon enoughpsychositko will become famous soon enough
how can you get rid of maintenance required. it keeps coming on everytime you start the quad. do i have to take it to the dealer
Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
4strokejunkie

2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice2strokejunkie is just really nice
you have to take it to dealer or just drive it...mine has been on for a year now..i can reset seadoo and skidoo codes but not the bikes yet...

Facebook -- RPM Repair
The Following User Says Thank You to 2strokejunkie For This Useful Post:
psychositko (06-02-2014)

Tags
outlander, pcodes