If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Suzuki ATV

Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM

waterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to all
KQ 700 axle seals

Buddy has a 2007 KQ 700. I changed the engine in it last winter and an axle seal at the same time. He brought It back to me couple weeks ago and the other side axle seal was leaking so, I changed that. He went for a ride and now the first axle seal that I changed is leaking again.

Any idea what would cause that? Maybe a plugged vent line?

How hard is it to change front engine seal on the bike? He picked up a used engine from a dealer and when I went to change it the engine had some sand in it. Once the engine was installed I noticed the front engine seal was leaking as well but, at that point he needed the bike and opted to drive it like that and add oil as necessary.

Thanks, Shane
10 Crossfire 8SP
00 Big Bear 350
07 F-150 crew Lariat
00 dodge dakota 4X4 (POS)

"IF IT FLIES IT DIES"
Old 09-21-2017, 04:13 PM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
Rear axle seals are only about 20 minutes work, never done a front one so I don't know. Buts its either a vent like you suggested over pressurizing the unit and blowing out out anywhere it can or a round spot on the axle wearing out the seal.

Front engine seal unknown to me...

have you tried NYROCATV they used to be the go to place for KQ info but I haven't been back since they changed format
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
The Following User Says Thank You to kenora For This Useful Post:
waterhen19 (10-16-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 09:47 AM

kenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to beholdkenora is a splendid one to behold
This is item #17 on the tech tip ENGINE REMOVE AND REPLACE ALL MODELS from NYROCATV...

I checked the site and its much more "friendly" than it was a year ago...so register and check the tech tips..

----WOW, this was a curve ball we weren't expecting. I bought a complete engine with both propellor shafts attached. Good thing my cousin dropped by at this point and noticed the rear shafts were different. I had a late year VIN '05 and put in an '07 engine. Upon checking Suzuki parts diagrams, it appears there are 3 different rear end configurations for these on the '07, all completely different part numbers & set-ups!! I never looked at the '05 parts diagrams.----
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
waterhen19 (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM

waterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to allwaterhen19 is a name known to all
Thanks kenora!

I have the bike back again going to check vent line as well as check to see what rear diff oil it requires maybe I used to heavy of an oil.

Shane
10 Crossfire 8SP
00 Big Bear 350
07 F-150 crew Lariat
00 dodge dakota 4X4 (POS)

"IF IT FLIES IT DIES"
Old 10-16-2017, 04:37 PM

Rear Diff oil is TDH (tractor Diesel Hydraulic) NOT...I REPEAT NOT... 80W-anything
Over-Ripe Avocado Camo
waterhen19 (10-17-2017)

Tags
seals