If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > UTV Brand Discusions > Yamaha UTV

Old 01-07-2017, 05:52 PM

dtsinc is on a distinguished road
2009 Rhino 700 front seal leak?

I discovered some oil on my garage floor under my 09 Rhino 700. It appeared to be engine oil. I pulled all the plastics off so I can see where it was coming from and it looks to be the seal where the front drive shaft connects. Anyone with experience? Should there be engine oil at that seal? Wondering how complex of job and duration to replace. If I decide to tackle it I will need to get repair manual or some sort of instructions. I assume draining and replacing the engine oil would be part of the job? Looks like a ***** to get apart. Otherwise would consider taking it to WSL. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:35 AM

sneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the roughsneaker is a jewel in the rough
I had to change that seal on my rhino 660. In my case, the retaining nut for the yoke was loose, and the oil was leaking from the spline shaft. It was no big deal to fix but you have to remove the shaft.
The Following User Says Thank You to sneaker For This Useful Post:
dtsinc (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
I have a service manual from Yamaha for the 700.... if needed I can cut / paste for you the section needed if you wish.

I could also go into my backups and find the 660 if needed as well.

just send msg if you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
dtsinc (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:18 PM

boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
whole file is too large (60 megs) so here is the drive train section.
If not right let me know and I can figure out a way to get is all to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RhinoService.pdf (993.5 KB, 2 views)

dtsinc (01-08-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:39 PM

try this one. Its the entire WSM manual but through the lowest resolution settings and it looks mostly OK. Really just some of the graphics fuzzy but text and instructions look good still

If there is a specific page or section you need in regular or high rez. just shout and I will do just that section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WSM lowest rez for 700 Rhino.pdf (9.89 MB, 7 views)

dtsinc (01-08-2017)

Tags
engine oil, front, oil leak, rhino