If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > UTV Brand Discusions

Old 12-26-2014, 10:02 AM

semper_fi is on a distinguished road
No room for Kubota brand

Doesn't Kubota sell RTVs in the Great White North? I don't see any mention of the brand. At least not in the headings.

SF
Old 12-26-2014, 11:38 AM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Yes though do. Mostly in the commercial markets. Very very little in the sports and recreation market up here.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:55 PM

Mac102004 will become famous soon enoughMac102004 will become famous soon enough
Farmers buy them, not much good for play though. They need to take a few pages out of Deere's book and build something like the RSX850i
2015 Ski-doo Tundra Xtreme
The Following User Says Thank You to Mac102004 For This Useful Post:
BRP Fan (12-27-2014)
Old 12-27-2014, 08:08 AM

Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,409 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac102004 View Post
Farmers buy them, not much good for play though. They need to take a few pages out of Deere's book and build something like the RSX850i
I could not have said it better!
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

Old 12-30-2014, 06:25 AM

Wow, this is my second 1100 and I never realized what a mistake I've been making. LOL I'm 70 years old and not into the speed and such, but my machines have served me well, although agreeably slower than my Polaris Sportsman. I've never been up against a hill that I couldn't climb and use the 1100's for snow plowing and general use around the farm. I also press them into a yearly hunting trip and love being able to defy the elements, while my ATV partners freeze during their rides to the back country.

Thanks to all for explaining why they don't belong in this forum. I guess I'm just too old and settled for this forum. But, I still want tracks and have ordered a set of Complast 4S's.

SF
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to semper_fi For This Useful Post:
boak (08-06-2015), Eis (12-24-2015), jbezan (08-11-2015), kawibrute750 (12-30-2014), Smittyhonda (01-01-2015), tagalong01 (01-01-2015), TOOTHPICK (12-30-2014), Tracstar (01-01-2015)
Old 12-30-2014, 06:58 PM

Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,074 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by semper_fi View Post
Wow, this is my second 1100 and I never realized what a mistake I've been making. LOL I'm 70 years old and not into the speed and such, but my machines have served me well, although agreeably slower than my Polaris Sportsman. I've never been up against a hill that I couldn't climb and use the 1100's for snow plowing and general use around the farm. I also press them into a yearly hunting trip and love being able to defy the elements, while my ATV partners freeze during their rides to the back country.

Thanks to all for explaining why they don't belong in this forum. I guess I'm just too old and settled for this forum. But, I still want tracks and have ordered a set of Complast 4S's.

SF
At 70 you're allowed a couple of mistakes. LOL Most of these young pups (under 50) are in to much of a hurry. I drive an old Honda 450 Rancher. Not powerful or fast, but it has never left me stranded.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TOOTHPICK For This Useful Post:
JeffGordon (08-07-2015), kawibrute750 (12-30-2014), tagalong01 (01-01-2015), Tracstar (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Always makin' tracks

Thanked 2,293 Times in 830 Posts
Tracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond reputeTracstar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

SF
No need to be a stranger on here, all are welcomed. Be interesting to hear how your Kubota performs when you get the tracks installed. Please let us know and share a picture or two. Tracstar

2014 Terralander 800EFI EPS. 2014 Camoplast T4S Tracks
Old 01-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Smittyhonda will become famous soon enoughSmittyhonda will become famous soon enough
With options like a diesel motor and cab heat ,it would be my choice for around the farm or cabin ,especially with our weather. I'd rather be slow n warm than fast n froze!!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:09 PM

Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,363 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
They are not a mistake and quite a few are sold.Kioti builds a machine in the same market And we have sold several and we rent some out for commercial application every summer.THE MODEL IS THE MECHRON 2200 with a 3 cylinder diesel.
The Following User Says Thank You to criksidebob For This Useful Post:
Tracstar (01-02-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 02:57 PM

Well it's been a while, so I thought I'd report in. If you guys think that the Kubota was too slow for you, then stop reading now. I've had the tracks on since late spring and they are great. I go through swamp and mud without a rut left behind. Now if I am going up a hill and it's swampy, then that's a different situation. But it gets me there and I don't think the wheels would. And it rides a lot smoother in rough terrain.

Maybe about a third lost in top end speed, but that wasn't much to start with anyhow. It does sling muddy water up and down both sides from front to back and really seems to sit up higher. Now that brings me to my next problem. The wife has a hard time getting in it and today informed me that she wasn't going to be riding in it or driving it anymore. I have to admit it is like mounting a horse with the new height. Does any one know if there are steps available for this? Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Can't wait for snow,

SF
The Following User Says Thank You to semper_fi For This Useful Post:
boak (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 06:08 PM

Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,074 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if there are steps available or not. I'm guessing that there would be some aftermarket ones available. A person would have to google it. If you have a friend who is good with a welder, I would imagine it would not be to hard to fabricate some steps.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOTHPICK For This Useful Post:
semper_fi (08-06-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 02:29 PM

05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold05xc7 is a splendid one to behold
Simple easy cheap solution. Build a small wooden step, tie it to the roll cage with a rope. Throw it in the box once she is in. I know a few older couples that do the same with their pickup trucks, (minus the tie to roll cage)
Old 08-07-2015, 05:57 PM

slowdryrider has a spectacular aura aboutslowdryrider has a spectacular aura aboutslowdryrider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I also press them into a yearly hunting trip and love being able to defy the elements, while my ATV partners freeze during their rides to the back country.

SF
Guess I'am to old too,because I like to be in a heated cab as well. I don't have a Kubota but my side x side keeps me warm and dry. It's not that fast but it gets me there and back and it's reliable.Guess being old has it's advantages in that I don't have to rush all the time.

Tags
brand, kubota