If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Old 04-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Girl that loves to Ride

quadgirl767 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Mars Sands being closed down?

Hi there. I am new to this site so not sure how everything works. Just wondering if anyone knows about the Mars Sands Hill Trail being shut down. Some lady is trying to shut the trails down, saying it is ruining the wildlife environment, etc. I am a wildlife person myself, an animal lover and I also love motor sports and part of the riding in the trails is to be in the nature. I don't want this trail shut down, it is beautiful in there and how can one person just complain and get their way. Doesn't anyone know what documetation she has or what it says cause apparently there is a meeting in Beausejour on April 18th and she is going to be there with her points of why we should not ride there anymore. Everyone I ride with is respectful of the area, we don't litter and we don't wreck anything. How does she know the quadders are the ones doing that, it can be anyone, there are roads to get in there so it can be any vehicle and people cut through there on the way to Lac Du Bonnet. Anyways anyone with any info please respond to me, we have to stop this women cause I love the outdoors and live close to these trails and then where are we going to ride without trailoring it somewhere far???

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to quadgirl767 For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (04-07-2012)
Old 04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
The Ride Does Say It All

dusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the rough
Here is a recent thread in regards to this problem.

http://www.trackshare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59824
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Girl that loves to Ride

Sorry your thread did not open. What did it say?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Thanked 1,345 Times in 823 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
What's the next process that this proposal to close down Mars Hills will go through? Is there a process of public consultation? A hearing?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM

frozenpolarbear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty12 View Post
Here is a recent thread in regards to this problem.

http://www.trackshare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59824

Where is it ???????????
Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM
The Ride Does Say It All

dusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the roughdusty12 is a jewel in the rough
For some reason that thread has now disappeared, you got me?????????????
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Girl that loves to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
What's the next process that this proposal to close down Mars Hills will go through? Is there a process of public consultation? A hearing?

I don't know the process either but there is the public rally (which I am sure you read on here) next Wed, April 18 @ 7pm in Beausejour at the Brokenhead River Community Hall 320 Veterans Lane, Beausejour.

Try and make it if you can and spread the word, I am telling everyone I know but I don't know that many quadders or people that will come.

Tags
closed, sands