If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Old 12-23-2009, 10:52 PM

Lifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really nice
As an employee of MTS, I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree here. Sending emails to a politician will most likely result in nothing simply because MTS is a private company now. It all boils down to dollars and cents and protecting the all important share price. I would say your only hope is to get a petition together and present it directly to MTS. If you can come up with some legitimate safety concerns that would help as well. I wish people would have gotton upset and put pressure on the government to not privatize MTS because we are all paying the price wether it's lack of cell coverage, slow repair times, lack of broadband internet coverage, etc. MTS is not really interested in spending money unless they are going to recoup the cost and start turning a profit within two years, and the profit better be pretty lucaritive. Otherwise they will probably wait until a competitor is going to move in and start stealing customers. The only other place to try would be the CRTC as they are the only government organization MTS has to answer to, local or provicial politicians have little to no influence on a federally regulated private company.

Last edited by Lifeguard; 12-23-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:24 PM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Thanked 1,512 Times in 897 Posts
Ilovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond repute
MTS will not spend the thousands of dollars for woodridge think of it if you were in business would you? They are loosing no money not having recemption out there!

It's like having a petition to having a tim hortons in Richer LMAO
2007 650 H1 front and rear bumpers, HL springs, HL 2" lift, 27" Zilla's, snorked, re-jetted,
2006 F7 with some goodies
2005 ZR 900 SP EFI pushing 180 ponies
2002 edge x 700 with
2008 KQ 750 moose bumpers, 3" lift, HL springs, HL clutch kit, Custom Decals, Twin air, 29'5 LAWs
Old 12-23-2009, 11:57 PM
Ranger Rzr Rider

jeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
People in the town of Woodridge are pushing forward and trying to get MTS to provide cell service in the Woodridge area. We all could help by sending a quick email to Vic Toew's office. SEnd you emails to
Email Subject: Communication within Woodridge and surrounding area
Email address: toewsv1b@parl.gc.ca
I am sure we would all like to be able to use a phone in the bush for any breakdowns on a Quad or especially on a sled in the dead of winter. We need to spread the word as Vic is meeting with MTS on Oct.23. Our voices will make a difference. It is funny how MTS boasts about having the greatest coverage and yet 75 minutes from the city there is no service. A sample letter is attached but feel free to create your own. Don't put this off please.
Thank You
and Rogers works where? All you guy ***** about Mts, we've been here for 100+ years. Long before hydro was here.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:13 AM
not quailified to answer

Thanked 2,731 Times in 1,156 Posts
Fat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond reputeFat Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetoys View Post
MTS will not spend the thousands of dollars for woodridge think of it if you were in business would you? They are loosing no money not having recemption out there!

It's like having a petition to having a tim hortons in Richer LMAO
The tower is already built they just need to turn it on Iloveboys. LMAO
All Chef's @#%you

Last edited by Fat Cat; 12-24-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:24 AM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Ilovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond repute
If that the case I am sure somebody is missing the other half of the story u don;t spend millions to put a tower up and not have it working??????????
2007 650 H1 front and rear bumpers, HL springs, HL 2" lift, 27" Zilla's, snorked, re-jetted,
2002 edge x 700 with
2008 KQ 750 moose bumpers, 3" lift, HL springs, HL clutch kit, Custom Decals, Twin air, 29'5 LAWs
Old 12-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Lifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post
The tower may already be there, but you need the cell equipment, antenna, expand the infrastucture to the site to handle the increased traffic, and then alot of man hours to install, test, turn up, and mantain the site. Believe me, when the final bill comes in it's not cheap. It's not like every tower in the province has cell equipment installed and all they have to do is turn on a breaker.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:55 PM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post

What u see a tower and u think it for cell phones
2002 edge x 700 with
Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 AM

Thanked 6,609 Times in 2,621 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
any one have any updates on this issue?

Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 PM

powertown will become famous soon enoughpowertown will become famous soon enough
Marchand, Woodridge, and beyond are still "the 3%" of the province mts does not cover, 4g rogers partners or not.

07 King Quad
03 firecat sno pro
07 hd dyna
Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Quads add spice to life

Thanked 1,199 Times in 584 Posts
The Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond reputeThe Chef has a reputation beyond repute
As it is now I don't think there is enough phones to make it worth their time (MTS) I hear it from the dealer that they have the best coverage, all the way to Thompson. I say no you don't. drive over and hour from the city and there is no service. Then they have no response. I posted this originally for a resident of Woodridge and he is no longer around so someone else will need to push the buttons of the power that be.
2nd -2 - 350 Honda Foutrax
3rd - 06 Vinson
4th - The King 750,08
5th - 2011 Camo Commander 1000XT.
Bit of a break, bought a S2000 for now
The Following User Says Thank You to The Chef For This Useful Post:
boak (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 PM

Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,470 Posts
Ditch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond repute
Sad to say but with all 3 of the big boys doing upgrades and STILL no service there... I wouldn't hold your breath

FYI: I'm Baaaaack !!!!!!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 27" Grim Reapers
with too many mods... to the point
they will not all fit in this box

Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM

boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
update:

The RM has recently sent a letter to the CRTC concerning cell service in the RM of Piney.

While the CRTC cannot compel service providers they have mandated MTS to meet with the RM to discuss this matter

So a small step forward.

Push if you can.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,470 Posts
Ditch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond reputeDitch_pickle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
update:

The RM has recently sent a letter to the CRTC concerning cell service in the RM of Piney.

While the CRTC cannot compel service providers they have mandated MTS to meet with the RM to discuss this matter

So a small step forward.

Push if you can.
Be nice if they would post when this meeting is and invite other Towns to come out ...

FYI: I'm Baaaaack !!!!!!

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 27" Grim Reapers
with too many mods... to the point
they will not all fit in this box

Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Can Am Fam!

jddoucet will become famous soon enough
Sure would have been nice to have cell coverage on Friday night to call the RCMP to get the local drunk off the roads and out of our campsite at 3:00 am!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,873 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddoucet View Post
Sure would have been nice to have cell coverage on Friday night to call the RCMP to get the local drunk off the roads and out of our campsite at 3:00 am!!!!!!
yEAH CELL SErvice wud be good out there. I rolled my machine and broke a cpl of ribs. If i wud have been alone, who knows how it might have ended....
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM

the issue is warming up again.

If you want it and if you have anyways of pushing your local provincial politician or others who have contacts strike while the iron is hot.

While no one can "force" a private company like MTS to do anything having some political push may just get us over the edge.

Letters to the Premier would help for sure.

Phone: 204-945-3714
Fax: 204-949-1484
Email
premier@leg.gov.mb.ca
204 Legislative Building
450 Broadway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8

Tony... you could have died if you were alone. With SE MB becoming the hot bed of growth for recreational users and others (snowmobiles, atv's, hunters, etc....) pushing the safety concern is a good strategy. Your story is ideal.

Already have CRTC putting some pressure on them.

The time for a push is now.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
tonym63 (05-30-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,873 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley View Post
the issue is warming up again.

Tony... you could have died if you were alone. With SE MB becoming the hot bed of growth for recreational users and others (snowmobiles, atv's, hunters, etc....) pushing the safety concern is a good strategy. Your story is ideal.

Already have CRTC putting some pressure on them.

The time for a push is now.
I agree 100%. With the amount of people out there and the activities that take place there they should have cell service. It seems that someone gets hurt there a couple times a month.
Fortunatly most people do not go out alone.
Feel free if you want to use me as a example, as I now know first hand how important cell service would be in the area. They have it in other remote areas where there are not alot people.

Last edited by tonym63; 05-30-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:21 PM

railrider is on a distinguished road
Don't need cell phones. If you don't know the bush, stay out of it. There are lots of places you can ride where they have cell phones - go there. People have been contacting Vic Toews over this for years - shows how much power he has. NONE ! Tired of people whining about cell phones.

Last edited by railrider; 01-11-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,151 Posts
four_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant futurefour_420_twenty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by railrider View Post
Don't need cell phones. If you don't know the bush, stay out of it. There are lots of places you can ride where they have cell phones - go there. People have been contacting Vic Toews over this for years - shows how much power he has. NONE ! Tired of people whining about cell phones.
dont read this thread then. simple as that. what happens when u get hurt and u can get cell service? what would u say then? so just be quiet and read a different thread

2010 Arctic Cat Sno Pro 500- D&D Can, 09 600 sno x motor ~~ sold
2013 rmz 250 4stroke
2014 el tigre 6000
Maple leaf construction
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to four_420_twenty For This Useful Post:
Bin muddin (01-11-2012), tonym63 (01-12-2012), TZ1 (01-11-2012)
Old 01-11-2012, 10:41 PM

B2Motosport will become famous soon enough
No offense to all that are trying to get government to force a private company to install cell service in the Woodridge area BUT if you really want the safety of mobile phones you should either purchase yourself a SAT phone or lobby the governments to install a tower out of taxpayer money. Or call your provider requesting such service

There are many other areas in this province with much denser population that have very poor or no cell coverage, say Brereton Lake/Rennie/Elma

Cell towers cost in the millions to install not to mention maintenance, upgrades, failures etc.. As nice as it would be to have coverage in the area (I work and play out there) it is not fair to try and force a corporation to pay for it. Now for those that voted for the conservative government that privatized MTS I hope you learned a lesson.
The Following User Says Thank You to B2Motosport For This Useful Post:
Oerlikon80 (01-12-2012)

Tags
service, woodridge