If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Tooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of light
Mad landowner

Went for a ride in the SE and someone from Snoman or the SE snowmobile club must of pissed off this landowner. He has slashd about a dozen trees across the Snoman tail and posted NO tresspassing signs. It is on the old railbed between Woodridge and Piney.
BE carefull if you are riding in the area that you do not run into them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1128.jpg (145.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1129.jpg (154.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1130.jpg (120.8 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1131.jpg (117.4 KB, 194 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tooler For This Useful Post:
boak (10-31-2011), BRP Fan (10-31-2011), carlos (10-30-2011), garyh (10-30-2011), Grizzly SE (10-31-2011), Lifeguard (10-30-2011), pipes (10-30-2011), railrider (01-11-2012), trailboss330 (11-02-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:10 PM
MooShakin'

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,441 Posts
Shoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond reputeShoemaker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooler View Post
Went for a ride in the SE and someone from Snoman or the SE snowmobile club must of pissed off this landowner. He has slashd about a dozen trees across the Snoman tail and posted NO tresspassing signs. It is on the old railbed between Woodridge and Piney.
BE carefull if you are riding in the area that you do not run into them.
Thanks for the warning, but how do you know it was from Snowman that pissed off the land owner? Not picking a fight, just asking for the sake of clarification.

Shoe.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:12 PM

Lifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really niceLifeguard is just really nice
Hmm, pretty sure that the old rail bed is not his property. He had better hope nobody gets hurt because of those trees he's downed, would definately be a liability issue. Sure wish these kind of situations could be avoided.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lifeguard For This Useful Post:
Shoemaker (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Cat Racks no more.

Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,064 Posts
garyh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond repute
There is a small stretch of the rail bed that is on private land. The LGD sold that property awhile ago and they don't like having the trail coming thru there. So I guess they are doing this ? I'm sure someone from Piney can confirm this or clarify it.

WOODRIDGE SANDHOGS CLUB PRESIDENT .2006 500 Cat std , 26" Dirt Tamer's ,10's front 12's rear , front bumper , rear bumper , hand warmers , 3000 pound warn winch , foot rests , HID lights . More to come ! THANKS TO CRIKSIDE.
The Following User Says Thank You to garyh For This Useful Post:
boak (10-31-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

Tooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of lightTooler is a glorious beacon of light
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Racks View Post
There is a small stretch of the rail bed that is on private land. The LGD sold that property awhile ago and they don't like having the trail coming thru there. So I guess they are doing this ? I'm sure someone from Piney can confirm this or clarify it.
You are correct.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tooler For This Useful Post:
boak (10-31-2011), BRP Fan (10-31-2011), garyh (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
lifes good

carlos is just really nicecarlos is just really nicecarlos is just really nicecarlos is just really nice
signs illegal must be in french as well, ride on
Old 10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
READY BUDDY? HANG ON!!

chevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant futurechevnut has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
signs illegal must be in french as well, ride on
LMFAO.That's funny!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM

Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,067 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
So about how far west of Piney is this?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 AM

Thanked 6,602 Times in 2,615 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Racks View Post

if private land as we suspect then I would be pissed if Snowman approved a snowfund trail across my property without even a phone call, letter or reach around.

I wouldn't want 500 sleds a day or whatever across my backyard.

If it turns out not private though I hope they catch the guy.

If we could get the coordinates I could look it up on the new landowner maps they just made for the area.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOTHPICK View Post
So about how far west of Piney is this?
It is a mile and a half west and it is on private land. The owner purchased the old railbed from the RM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tooler For This Useful Post:
boak (10-31-2011), jebya (02-18-2012)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:45 AM

Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,409 Posts
BRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBRP Fan has a reputation beyond repute
And all the land owner needs to do is post a "No Trespassing" sign like he or she has done and after that anyone that crosses that sign can get charged for trespassing. Quads or sleds it makes no difference. Is there a way to get around this part of the trail?

Around here the private property trails also have the No Trespassing signs along with a heavy duty fence with posts every 2-4 feet. They used a post ponder and sharpened fence posts to make the fence. To many people now a days don't know how to read, English or French!
With lots of extras.
* 2002 Bombardier Traxter 500 XT

Old 10-31-2011, 12:43 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 1,600 Times in 588 Posts
polaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant futurepolaris_dave has a brilliant future
Quote:
It is a mile and a half west and it is on private land. The owner purchased the old railbed from the RM.
That's dumb move on behalf of the RM. These abandoned railbeds should be protected and kept as trails. The steel will be coming off the line to Pine Falls soon and I have heard that the LGD wants to acquire the rights and try to keep it as a trail.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to polaris_dave For This Useful Post:
criksidebob (10-31-2011), Duke_Of_URL (10-31-2011), fraz (10-31-2011), powertown (11-02-2011), RZRHEART (11-01-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
COME GET SOME

Got Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond repute
Simple it is private land stay the ---- off if it was you land and you did not want people on it you would be pissed so why does this make a difference if it is quads or sleds quite your winning and go around. It is no difference than the guy that had his stand taken or a card stolen it is not yours leave it alone Just my 2 cents. Doesn t mean much but because of people just doing what they want because something is not posted this is the out come the same as hunting on land that is not posted it is still illegal there does not need to be a sign.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Go Big Or Go Home

bigwheeler will become famous soon enough
I wonder what the real purpose for not wanting us going through there would be? Garbage, damage from digging in the mud, fire-pit found and afraid of fires, they live close and don't like the sounds of some rides, Tree huger's, want money? Maybe it's kids trying to be funny??
Is this location really busy? possibly a good importunity to build a small worm pit stop that sold hot chocolate and coffee for cold riders when busy riding times started and the owners live close?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM

Featherman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheeler View Post
I wonder what the real purpose for not wanting us going through there would be? Garbage, damage from digging in the mud, fire-pit found and afraid of fires, they live close and don't like the sounds of some rides, Tree huger's, want money? Maybe it's kids trying to be funny??
Is this location really busy? possibly a good importunity to build a small worm pit stop that sold hot chocolate and coffee for cold riders when busy riding times started and the owners live close?

I don't think it matters what his reasoning is, bottom line it is his private property and he apparently does not want anyone on there. His signs should be respected just as much as the two gentlemen one who lost a stand and the other a card from the trail cam.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Featherman For This Useful Post:
Don-don (11-01-2011), garyh (10-31-2011), Got Mud (10-31-2011), LeCaptain (11-01-2011), Mudforce (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM

ALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really nice
Looks like the landowner is pissed off at hunters and trespassers. Maybe the trees/signs will move once hunting season is over. MAYBE the landowner is pissed with ATVers going through and scaring wildlife. Nah, that can't be it...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ALuCsRED For This Useful Post:
garyh (10-31-2011), JoeCool (10-31-2011), RZRHEART (11-01-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 PM

Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,067 Posts
TOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond reputeTOOTHPICK has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just making a guess here, but maybe the landowner purchased the old rail bed property from the RM since last winter. I believe the Snoman has been using that old rail bed for a long time and I know that the S.E. Snoriders have been working hard to clean up the trails before the snow flies. Perhaps Snowman/S.E. Snoriders had not been made aware that the old rail bed had been sold.

Bottom line - It is private property and if the landowner says no, then it is no go.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOOTHPICK For This Useful Post:
Bister (10-31-2011), garyh (10-31-2011), gkram1985 (11-01-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Cat Racks no more.

Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,064 Posts
garyh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond reputegaryh has a reputation beyond repute
We'll if it is the property that I'm thinking of then I can see why. Their house is like 150 ft from the old rail bed and the access road is on the other side of of the rail bed. Which means his drive goes from the road across the rail bed to his house. With the sound of machines summer or winter being so close and then crossing his driveway then I could see his concern and annoyance with the traffic.

If you went to the Piney derby this fall you may have noticed the last section of the usual trail was different. I would think that it had to do with this issue.

I do know of another section of old rail bed that actually falls with in another persons property. It has for years , a lot of years but they been fine with the traffic so far. But if and when they sell the new owners may not be so polite with the traffic.

So ya it's someones property and it just needs to be respected. Bottom line.

WOODRIDGE SANDHOGS CLUB PRESIDENT .2006 500 Cat std , 26" Dirt Tamer's ,10's front 12's rear , front bumper , rear bumper , hand warmers , 3000 pound warn winch , foot rests , HID lights . More to come ! THANKS TO CRIKSIDE.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to garyh For This Useful Post:
ALuCsRED (10-31-2011), barkerlakebob (10-31-2011), boak (10-31-2011), Don-don (11-01-2011), Mudforce (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:25 PM

Land owner

The land owner lives 14 miles away from this location. He has owner this land for years, if you would see the mess the snomobile club made when they were cleaning the trails with their brusher you would be pissed. I am thinking this is the issue he is having.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tooler For This Useful Post:
cutarm (10-31-2011), garyh (11-01-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 PM

ALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really nice
Quote:
The land owner lives 14 miles away from this location. He has owner this land for years, if you would see the mess the snomobile club made when they were cleaning the trails with their brusher you would be pissed. I am thinking this is the issue he is having.
And that's why he posted signs for hunters to stay out?

If one does not want the snowmobile club to use their land, they just have to phone the club. It's that simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to ALuCsRED For This Useful Post:
RZRHEART (11-01-2011)
Closed Thread

Tags
landowner