If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Digger

gkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to behold
Those look like bought signs to me, and if you can kill 3 birds with one stone and keep the rest out by dropping trees, IMO you can't blame the landowners for stopping traffic across THEIR property, it may be inconvenient but thats the landowner's right, as for the snowmobile club using it I think it would be more difficult than just calling the club, especially since everything is with/thru SNOMAN there would end up being a fair bit of hassle I think, the guy probably just thinks its easier to just shut it off completely, now my only thought would be once the snow falls, all that will be mostly covered, there'll be sleds in and down there regardless because everybody will remember the trail going through there

NOT trying to pick a fight with anybody with this comment, I'm a sledder as well but I like my private land to stay just that, I get mad enough when a quad goes in my ditch w/out permission; nevermind 1000s of machines
Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM

Thunderdyna is on a distinguished road
its just like powerlines running through your property, you do not own the property under them or the 150 feet on each side of them, and anyone can use or access the property as much as landowners do not think so!! and hunting them is legal or using them to drive down, even if a crop is planted. respect and common sense should be used of course.[/quote]

Be careful with statements like that. MH has many different agreements with regards to transmission line right of way. Easement across both crown and private land, MH owned property, MH owned with land use agreements with private parties, and likely a few that are one off negotiations. Width and agreements may change, even on the same line. Likely the only one that can legally travelled with out permission would be on crown land (not MH owned).
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderdyna For This Useful Post:
Grizzlypeg (11-02-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 AM

ALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really niceALuCsRED is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkram1985 View Post
I think it would be more difficult than just calling the club, especially since everything is with/thru SNOMAN there would end up being a fair bit of hassle I think, the guy probably just thinks its easier to just shut it off completely,

For a Snoman trail, this is how it works:

- Club approaches land owner if they can use their land to have a trail
- Land Owner agrees.
- Club fills out a Snoman Landowner's Agreement with landowner, which spells out landowner name/contact info/legal land description, liability coverage, etc.
- The agreement is signed in triplicate, with copies of the landowner agreement given to Snoman/Club/Landowner

The landowner has the right to terminate the agreement at any time. So that being said, since the agreement is between the club and the landowner, the landowner should call the club to cancel.

It's that simple.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALuCsRED For This Useful Post:
bigwheeler (11-01-2011), JoeCool (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
SXS MULISHA

RZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to beholdRZRHEART is a splendid one to behold
It is possible he doesn't want people hunting on his land maybe he is a animal lover.
Then when hunting season is over he will allow access to the trail. Who knows.
If its his land he can do as he pleases.

2015 POLARIS AXYS RUSH 800 60TH RED 2420 MILES
2002 POLARIS XC 600 12,000 ORIGINAL MILES
2011 POLARIS RZR 800 EPS 7500 ORIGINAL MILES
Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,800 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawibrute750 View Post
Be careful with statements like that. MH has many different agreements with regards to transmission line right of way. Easement across both crown and private land, MH owned property, MH owned with land use agreements with private parties, and likely a few that are one off negotiations. Width and agreements may change, even on the same line. Likely the only one that can legally travelled with out permission would be on crown land (not MH owned).
IT WAS QUOATED OUT OF OUR LOCAL C.O'S MOUTH THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR AND ALSO THE LOCAL RCMP, ALL SAID AS LONG AS YOU CLOSE THE GATES AND DO NO DAMAGE.[/QUOTE]

The brute is right and your local C.o's and R.c's should check thier facts and thier sources. I used to administrate some of these R.O.W. agreements so I have some idea of what I am talking about. M.H. can be restricted from R.O.W'S in some cases under certain condtions.......it depends on how the agreement was reached......there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to rights of way in respect o transmission lines. This also applies to some sub transmission lines but not to many distribution r.o.w's.

p.s. That all caps application was pretty scary !!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Thunderdyna is on a distinguished road
I was trying to say don't make blanket statements about these things.

kawibrute is the one yelling about the CO's and RC's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderdyna For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 05:11 PM

frozenpolarbear is on a distinguished road
Just find who did this & shot the f**ker.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Breakdown.

Thanked 11,183 Times in 3,072 Posts
Duke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
p.s. That all caps application was pretty scary !!
I always think of this pic and laugh when I see all caps. No offense whatsoever, kawi. Just a funny pic.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,800 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Of_URL View Post
I always think of this pic and laugh when I see all caps. No offense whatsoever, kawi. Just a funny pic.

Good one !!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Ranger Rzr Rider

jeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant futurejeepster has a brilliant future
wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpolarbear View Post
Just find who did this & shot the f**ker.
it was my land and you tried cause i'm thinking i got enough artillery to protect my land. Not only that but that is a stupid thing to say, guys like you will piss landowners off fast
Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Go Big Or Go Home

bigwheeler will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
I don't think it matters what his reasoning is, bottom line it is his private property and he apparently does not want anyone on there. His signs should be respected just as much as the two gentlemen one who lost a stand and the other a card from the trail cam.
I never said it mattered and i never said I was not going to respect there wishes.....I am just wondering what could be this owners problem to go to such trouble to be an ass, especially when he apparently lives so far away?

it does not matter because we will just find away around and continue on, thinking how much of a **** this land owner must be. We are on snowmobiles....they don't require trails.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigwheeler For This Useful Post:
frozenpolarbear (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Thanked 5,648 Times in 1,971 Posts
Bister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond reputeBister has a reputation beyond repute
When people start talking about land owners and letting or not letting people use their private property for that persons pleasure or not; I always think of the people in town that put a 6 foot fence around their property(me included on the fence thing), motion lights(sometimes cameras), keep out signs and lock the gate and scream if a kid goes across and drops a gum wrapper.

It is private property and it is his to do with as he pleases. Whether he did it cause someone pissed him off or just cause he can and wanted to.

Maybe he got tired of picking up gum wrappers.

Permission should ALWAYS be asked for when crossing/using someone else's property and all signs respected.

EDIT. The trouble is that most of the people not following the above, probably are not on a site like Trackshare or one similar and will never see this thread.

Last edited by Bister; 11-01-2011 at 10:41 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bister For This Useful Post:
barkerlakebob (11-01-2011), Duke_Of_URL (11-02-2011), freelance (11-01-2011), gkram1985 (11-02-2011), JoeCool (11-01-2011), Terminator (11-03-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
it was my land and you tried cause i'm thinking i got enough artillery to protect my land. Not only that but that is a stupid thing to say, guys like you will piss landowners off fast

That what you think. It's fine not to want people crossing on your land . That's what the signs are for. But to cut down trees on the trail is another thing. You could hurt someone real bad or even kill someone. Use your head. Don't be so stupid.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Featherman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenpolarbear View Post
That what you think. It's fine not to want people crossing on your land . That's what the signs are for. But to cut down trees on the trail is another thing. You could hurt someone real bad or even kill someone. Use your head. Don't be so stupid.

No need to get hurt if you stay off PRIVATE PROPERTY. I'm assuming he cut the trees because because people were being disrespectful by ignoring his signs!!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Featherman For This Useful Post:
Bister (11-01-2011), gkram1985 (11-02-2011), Got Mud (11-02-2011), powertown (11-02-2011), Rayzur (11-02-2011), Terminator (11-03-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 AM

bbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to beholdbbrent is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheeler View Post
I never said it mattered and i never said I was not going to respect there wishes.....I am just wondering what could be this owners problem to go to such trouble to be an ass, especially when he apparently lives so far away?

it does not matter because we will just find away around and continue on, thinking how much of a **** this land owner must be. We are on snowmobiles....they don't require trails.

Get real buddy, how selfish can one be??? It's his land, if he doesn't want people on it, it's his perogative. Your desire to use his land doesn't make him an ass because he doesn't want you on it! His reasons don't even enter into the picture.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bbrent For This Useful Post:
Bister (11-02-2011), gkram1985 (11-02-2011), powertown (11-02-2011), sickjuice (09-15-2012), Terminator (11-03-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanked 1,049 Times in 644 Posts
510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold510Bulldog is a splendid one to behold
Another pissing match on TS!!! WOW something new!!! I know this and I know..............really guys?? My rant finished!!! LOL

PS I loved the "All Caps" thing Duke! LOL
2008 Ski-Doo 800 Renegade (Black)
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
2007 Dodge 2500 Diesel C.C. 4X4 Long Box
11 year Blk Lab aka Big boy

Last edited by 510Bulldog; 11-02-2011 at 07:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 510Bulldog For This Useful Post:
Duke_Of_URL (11-02-2011), tonym63 (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Digger

gkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to beholdgkram1985 is a splendid one to behold
there is always someone who thinks because you have something(and its there) their entitled to use it, I posted this in the thread about pet peeves
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkram1985 For This Useful Post:
510Bulldog (11-02-2011), bbrent (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Lol Lol Lol
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanked 1,345 Times in 823 Posts
Grizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud ofGrizzlypeg has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdyna View Post
its just like powerlines running through your property, you do not own the property under them or the 150 feet on each side of them, and anyone can use or access the property as much as landowners do not think so!! and hunting them is legal or using them to drive down, even if a crop is planted. respect and common sense should be used of course.

I have to agree. Most (or maybe all) hydro lines that run across private property, do so by way of an easement agreement from the land owner granting hydro the right to run and access the line. The existence of the easement in no way grants rights of access to third parties (you and me as common folks).
Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, this is my opinion!

Rayzur is a jewel in the roughRayzur is a jewel in the roughRayzur is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like the type of person that would help himself to memory cards and tree stands that he finds in the bush too!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheeler View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rayzur For This Useful Post:
BigRed (11-02-2011), Featherman (11-02-2011)
Closed Thread

Tags
landowner