If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator/Owner

Thanked 2,479 Times in 773 Posts
camoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond repute
Hotmail.com, Mymts.net blocked

Hotmail/Micosoft has blocked the TrackShare mail server and they are not willing to help (go figure). Basically they said some people have moved TrackShare email to their spam folder and this has resulted in them globally blocking the TrackShare mail server.
We have had the same issue a few times with other business that I have been part of and they don't often help just give you there best practices as they seem to think they rule the Web.

For now I have disabled all users from registering with a hotmail, live, and mymts.net accounts due to this issue as they will never receive a confirmation email to enable their account. There is no eta on when you will or if you will receive TrackShare email to your hotmail/live and mymts.net accounts (mts no loner has there own email service they have contracted it out to Microsoft).

My suggestion... sign up for Gmail and stick it to the man (Microsoft), I have been using Gmail for years and its hands down the best online mail system out there.

Way to go Microsoft!!!

Last edited by camoman; 03-20-2012 at 06:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camoman For This Useful Post:
Cat Man (03-21-2012), MudWeed (03-21-2012), vinnie (03-21-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM

06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of
i can't seem to be able to find the DIS-LIKE button..... this sucks looks like i'm going to have to get gmail just for my TS stuff
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
MUDBOGGER

Thanked 1,313 Times in 731 Posts
kawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant future
so even if my live/hotmail accounts were working fine as of a few days ago they will no longer work?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Administrator/Owner

camoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond reputecamoman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawibrute750 View Post
so even if my live/hotmail accounts were working fine as of a few days ago they will no longer work?
Correct.. It may start working again one day but can't say when.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
MUDBOGGER

Thanked 1,313 Times in 731 Posts
kawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant futurekawibrute750 has a brilliant future
wierd, it was working fine last night.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Adrenaline Junky

REVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to all
I received an e-mail on my mymts.net account at 11:22 am this morning. It seems to be working for me?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Administrator/Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVREND View Post
I received an e-mail on my mymts.net account at 11:22 am this morning. It seems to be working for me?
huh thats interesting.. maybe hotmail is different from mymts.net?

thanks for the info! still looking into this , maybe we can find a solution...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Adrenaline Junky

REVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to allREVREND is a name known to all
lol...I just got the following e-mail when you posted your response to my post:

Dear REVREND,

camoman has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Hotmail.com, Mymts.net blocked - in the Site Information forum of TrackShare.com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.trackshare.com/forum/show...5&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by REVREND)---
---End Quote---
huh thats interesting.. maybe hotmail is different from mymts.net?

thanks for the info! still looking into this , maybe we can find a solution...

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
TrackShare.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:

The Following User Says Thank You to REVREND For This Useful Post:
camoman (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM

mkehler is just really nicemkehler is just really nicemkehler is just really nicemkehler is just really nice
It also may depend on your junk mail settings. Sometimes the microsoft/hotmail/live system will block it before it "comes into hotmail" so to speak and you will never know, and sometimes they will flag it as junkmail, and sometimes, depending on settings, it will show up just fine. For over 5 years I dealt with an email system that had over 1million (Dr eVil voice) email transactions a day, and the short, non technical story is you can't tell what microsoft/hotmail/live is going to do on any given day. If you already have a hotmail account that you are using, then your notifications may be hit and miss. Usually things are good for a while (couple months), then a couple days of issues, then good again.

Either way, if you are expecting a PM, or thread update,and you don't receive an email notification about it, then just check the trackshare website

Just my experience, hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkehler For This Useful Post:
camoman (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Honey Badger

holdmybeer will become famous soon enoughholdmybeer will become famous soon enough
Wait, what? People still use Hotmail?
The Following User Says Thank You to holdmybeer For This Useful Post:
Cat Man (03-21-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 AM

MudWeed is a splendid one to beholdMudWeed is a splendid one to beholdMudWeed is a splendid one to beholdMudWeed is a splendid one to beholdMudWeed is a splendid one to beholdMudWeed is a splendid one to behold
i was wondering why i was not getting any notification about my ads, ok Gmail it is, thx for the heads up
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Grip it and Rip it

Dorgie has a spectacular aura aboutDorgie has a spectacular aura aboutDorgie has a spectacular aura about
im having no issues recieving mail through mymts
snorkels :)
hmf pipe and optimizer
3000 lb Smittybilt winch
Front A arm skid plates
2" highlifter lift
The deeper you're, the more fun you're having
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Breakdown.

Thanked 11,183 Times in 3,072 Posts
Duke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond reputeDuke_Of_URL has a reputation beyond repute
If it's only affecting some and not everyone, it may be possible that an individual's whitelist rules override the global blocking rules. Try adding trackshare.com to your whitelist (a.k.a. safe senders) and see if you then get messages.

And stop using hotmail.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator/Owner

Ok should be unblocked for now.. let me know if people are receiving on Hotmail..
Old 03-22-2012, 04:51 PM

06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of06ac500 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoman View Post
Ok should be unblocked for now.. let me know if people are receiving on Hotmail..

i got a email for this one....
Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
The Cooker Of The Foods

SmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to beholdSmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to beholdSmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to beholdSmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to beholdSmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to beholdSmokeyMcBong is a splendid one to behold
i've gotten some trackshare emails to my hotmail now too. thanks guys
Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,873 Posts
tonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond reputetonym63 has a reputation beyond repute
Time will tell :)

Tags
blocked, hotmailcom, mymtsnet