If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > The 6 Oclock News > Site Information

Old 06-29-2015, 11:27 AM

dwbarbie is on a distinguished road
Unauthorized Log On Attempt

All,

I just received an automated email from trackshare saying someone attempted to log on with my username. After the normal 5 attempts, they are now locked out.

I have not been on the site for a while but I know it was not me. A search of the IP address indicates it was someone from Switzerland attempting to log on. I'm sure that isn't accurate either. The IP was 176.10.99.202 in case anyone is interested or they get the same message.

Just a heads up that there may be some folks trying to log in as an actual members. Other than scamming in the classifieds section I am not sure why they would want to. Anyhow, be careful.

Darren
The Following User Says Thank You to dwbarbie For This Useful Post:
Oerlikon80 (06-29-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 08:52 AM

TTS22 will become famous soon enoughTTS22 will become famous soon enough
I just got this a few minutes ago.

Dear TTS22,

Someone has tried to log into your account on TrackShare.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 171.25.193.78

All the best,
TrackShare.com

Tags
attempt, unauthorized