If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > ATV Brand Discussions > Arctic Cat ATV

Old 04-25-2017, 01:48 PM

ridgerider will become famous soon enoughridgerider will become famous soon enough
I didn't realize that Subaru owned Polaris. According to Wiki, Fuji (the owner of subaru) used to make engines for polaris but no longer due. Polaris has some relationships with KTM but from what I read they are there own corporation. But in terms of corporate sales, Polaris is by far the smallest. Quick wiki search found that honda, kawasaki and suzuki measure their profits in the tens of billions and total sales in the trillions. Arctic Cat by belonging to textron has joined this club. The future will be interesting as Polaris continues to drive the industry in atv and snowmobile in terms of unit sales and marketing. It does seem that their drive for unit volume has come at the expense of quality. But time will tell. Many consumers seem to overlook the cost of ownership short term vs. long term.
The Following User Says Thank You to ridgerider For This Useful Post:
Oerlikon80 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 08:40 PM

tyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to alltyndall is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by w o 7 mucker View Post
Now that's funny. First quarter of 2016 Polaris had a net income of 46.9 million. Under the gun?
And had a net loss of 2.9 million for the first quarter of 2017. Not to mention shutting down a plant that makes RZRs and turfing 300 employees or shutting down Victory motorcycles.
The Following User Says Thank You to tyndall For This Useful Post:
skipper (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 11:09 PM

gasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of lightgasguzzler is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyndall View Post
And had a net loss of 2.9 million for the first quarter of 2017. Not to mention shutting down a plant that makes RZRs and turfing 300 employees or shutting down Victory motorcycles.
I think arctic cat paid that amount just in severance pay lol
Old 04-26-2017, 12:14 PM

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,640 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
No issue for me yet other than possible name changeÖ All about what changes the new owners may make but who knows yet. Time will tell IMHO. So name change seems to be coming quick but who knows on the rest.

FYI in daily life LOTS of my life is touched my foreign owners
- Tim Hortons is majority owned by Brazialian Company called 3G and I didnít care when I picked up my morning coffee
- Land Rover is owned by Indian Company Tata Motors and when the start button was pushed this morning it fired right up and drove just fine.
- I bought gas the wifes pickup this morning at Esso and its owned by American company Exon Mobile
- Tonight I will drink a Labatt Blue or two at the cottage and itís owned INterbrew which is Dutch.

Air Canada.....well this is still Canadian owned as no one else in the world is stupid enough to try and touch her. (haha)

So sad that not much in Canada is owned by Canadians or even produced in Canada anymore.

Arctic Cat was foreign owned by an American Company and made in USA. Today it is still owned by foreign American company and still made in USA. Really no real change from this arm chair I sit in.

Have a great weekend all!! its a long weekend on this end.

The Following User Says Thank You to boak For This Useful Post:
ridgerider (04-29-2017)

Tags
arctic, goodbye