If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Fishing

Old 08-05-2017, 01:23 PM
LeGyver

Thanked 4,726 Times in 2,013 Posts
Tinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond repute
Fishing etiquette....or lack of

Spent the week fishing in Minaki with friends from Minnesota. On a couple occasions my buddy was lockported by a guy with a Lund Pro V glass, black and white with a 300 Verado....MB numbers on the side. Yesterday other friends from MB joined us so the 4 of us boats were slip bobbering a hump on Big Sand. All of a sudden this same Pro V decides to motor in right beside my marker, drop his bow mount and proceeds to fish right beside my Minnesota buddy. There was 4 guys in the Pro V, guys were smoking pot so my buddy asked him if the lake wasn't big enough for him. The driver of the Pro V proceeds to tell him that this was his spot, had it marked on his finder and he fishes that spot daily. Funny we fished it all week and never saw him at that spot. My buddy then casts his slip bobber towards him and the guy loses it on my buddy telling him he's gonna throw his f%#*>!~ anchor at him. Did I mention my buddy had his wife with him and their 2 10 year old boys?? He told his boys to never do what these guys did, and he made sure to tell them loud enough so the asshole could hear him.

Now my buddy says to me every time he's been to Canada he's always met great people, friendly people. First time he ran into an asshole Manitoba.

Ever wonder why us Tobans get a bad rap in Ontario??

Last edited by Tinman; 08-05-2017 at 01:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinman For This Useful Post:
510Bulldog (08-11-2017), StupidSheet (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 12:37 AM

Thanked 2,681 Times in 1,344 Posts
criksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond reputecriksidebob has a reputation beyond repute
Very unfortunate.I have had guys come into an area I am fishing but they ussaully have kept a respectable distance .I hope it doesn't occur to you again .
Old 08-06-2017, 11:13 AM

MB_Quader has a spectacular aura aboutMB_Quader has a spectacular aura aboutMB_Quader has a spectacular aura about
Sucks when it happens.
One summer, many years ago, we were up north fishing and the guide took us to "his spot".
Small little bay on a huge lake. Not even 10 mins after arriving another boat pulls in. Was feeling pretty annoyed until we realized one from the other group was John Candy. Turned into an awsome time. We all stayed at the same lodge, turned into a week to remember.
Hell of a nice guy.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Barkerlakebob.....!!

Thanked 3,896 Times in 1,790 Posts
barkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond reputebarkerlakebob has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Spent the week fishing in Minaki with friends from Minnesota. On a couple occasions my buddy was lockported by a guy with a Lund Pro V glass, black and white with a 300 Verado....MB numbers on the side. Yesterday other friends from MB joined us so the 4 of us boats were slip bobbering a hump on Big Sand. All of a sudden this same Pro V decides to motor in right beside my marker, drop his bow mount and proceeds to fish right beside my Minnesota buddy. There was 4 guys in the Pro V, guys were smoking pot so my buddy asked him if the lake wasn't big enough for him. The driver of the Pro V proceeds to tell him that this was his spot, had it marked on his finder and he fishes that spot daily. Funny we fished it all week and never saw him at that spot. My buddy then casts his slip bobber towards him and the guy loses it on my buddy telling him he's gonna throw his f%#*>!~ anchor at him. Did I mention my buddy had his wife with him and their 2 10 year old boys?? He told his boys to never do what these guys did, and he made sure to tell them loud enough so the asshole could hear him.

Now my buddy says to me every time he's been to Canada he's always met great people, friendly people. First time he ran into an asshole Manitoba.

Ever wonder why us Tobans get a bad rap in Ontario??
Perhaps post a pic of him and his lovely boat complete with his low class remarks on line so we can all share.............
Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 PM
COME GET SOME

Got Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond reputeGot Mud has a reputation beyond repute
That suck had that happen allot fishing lake of the woods . It is to bad some people have no respect
Old 08-17-2017, 10:12 AM

Mr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of lightMr.Excitement is a glorious beacon of light
i had it once so bad, my buddies line got caught in a prop, vertical jigging off the side of my boat... the guy almost broad sided us, i lost $300 shades in the water... and the GUY DIDNT EVEN SAY SORRY... just started screaming the weight shashed his prop to bits... and took off...

At least my boat was ok, and he lost his prop... tried to snag my shades for about 2 hours.... no luck
Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 PM

slimstah has a spectacular aura aboutslimstah has a spectacular aura about
me and the missus were fishing off hnausa dock on lake Winnipeg last night and there were some nice native Americans fishing there! about every half hour a dirty diaper that they threw into the water would float by us.... not too mention the beer cans and other garbage left behind...
Old 08-21-2017, 08:51 PM

xcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nicexcr700 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstah View Post
me and the missus were fishing off hnausa dock on lake Winnipeg last night and there were some nice native Americans fishing there! about every half hour a dirty diaper that they threw into the water would float by us.... not too mention the beer cans and other garbage left behind...
Seriously? I would have netted their shit and boated it back to them. Fawking disgusting
Old 08-26-2017, 09:59 AM
nod

Thanked 1,200 Times in 672 Posts
x4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond reputex4332 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the respectable distance between dropping anchor / trolling around other boats?
I usually try to keep 100 yards minimum? But I often watch boats zoom past me within 30 yards while I'm obviously trolling with up to 5 line's out.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Toyotaholic

StupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to beholdStupidSheet is a splendid one to behold
I try and give at least 3 boat lengths if I'm trolling by. Somewhat depends on the location, sometimes more than that.

As far as anchoring I won't anchor within 50 yards or so of somebody unless it is a tournament or some other scenario where there are tons of boats out. Casi in point Pine Falls in the fall. Even then I will keep at least a 3 boat length rule.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:49 AM
LeGyver

Thanked 4,726 Times in 2,013 Posts
Tinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond reputeTinman has a reputation beyond repute
If I can read your registration number then you're too close
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinman For This Useful Post:
HRL (08-29-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 12:34 PM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
If I can read your registration number then you're too close
Hows your eyesite?
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
Old 08-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Sweater Puppets

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,050 Posts
HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute
If you're fishing LOTW or Winnipeg River in NWO, there is no need to pull up on anyone fishing. There's plenty of places to fish and no need to pull up on anyone. If someone pulls up on my boat, I'll make a point of being a total asshole until they leave. I've passed up 5 or 6 places because there was already a boat there. Show some ****ing respect and learn how to fish well enough that you don't have to be pork and beaning your way around a lake.
Tinman (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 11:35 PM
GC IS EVRYTHING

Thanked 1,512 Times in 897 Posts
Ilovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetoys has a reputation beyond repute
Lmao see it all the time. I grew up fishing in big sand and all these boats worth 70+ grand and they can't find a different fishing spot with all your high end shit bahahaha. Tools
2007 650 H1 front and rear bumpers, HL springs, HL 2" lift, 27" Zilla's, snorked, re-jetted,
2006 F7 with some goodies
2005 ZR 900 SP EFI pushing 180 ponies
2002 edge x 700 with
2008 KQ 750 moose bumpers, 3" lift, HL springs, HL clutch kit, Custom Decals, Twin air, 29'5 LAWs
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilovetoys For This Useful Post:
Tinman (08-30-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 10:02 AM

d_douce will become famous soon enoughd_douce will become famous soon enough
To be the devils advocate here, on tournament day this is very common place activity and no longer seen as "bad etiquette"? Maybe some guys are serious all the time and are aren't willing to pass up on a spot where they are marking big fish because someone with a 14' tinner is there first? Just figured id provide another vantage point to the discussion as this type of events aren't a rare occurrence.

Last edited by d_douce; 08-31-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:15 AM
XTP

Ziptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to beholdZiptie is a splendid one to behold
In past years I have fished Sioux Narrows area quite a bit and have gotten to know the area quite well. This year I am fishing in Kenora area and having to learn the area. There are so many spots to fish that there really is no reason to encroach on others but if you go out to Oliver or a few other places on the weekend you can see boats piled up like cord wood. With Navionics, lake master, AEM and auto charting there is no reason to not know what the structure is under the water. And even if you don't know where the fish are it is easy to see on the map based on where others are fishing. So even though I have just started fishing the Kenora area this year I already have about 20 "hotspots" marked on my maps to hit up depending on conditions.
I have had other boats Lockport me this year even when I am scouting for spots.
As we are leaving I usually tell them its a great spot and we just caught 50 fish but have to get back to camp.
2009 Renegade 500
2008 XT400
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziptie For This Useful Post:
StupidSheet (08-31-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Sweater Puppets

Thanked 2,284 Times in 1,050 Posts
HRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond reputeHRL has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tinman (09-02-2017), tonym63 (09-02-2017)

Tags
etiquetteor, fishing