If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

User Name
Password
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   TrackShare.com > Canadian GPS Tracks > Manitoba

Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM

RogueRandy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRandy View Post
You cannot be on the road whatsoever on bicycle, I saw people being fined on bikes.

The only way according to what I heard on the Kenora radio to get in there is by traditional means only, which would mean walking snowshoeing, canoeing.

Apparently Ontario CO's have their own plane now and can patrol the area more diligently.

Just taboo to be there.

I would also add that people at Davidson Lake claim to have been fined on the road for walking it. Yet one couple from Davidson Lake, claim to be security for the old mine and allowed down there on ATV.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM

Thanked 6,650 Times in 2,634 Posts
boak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond reputeboak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Wondering if any one knows of any fly in lodges that are in Werner Lake where the old mines were or close by to the area. We use to live in a trailer park there when my dad worked in the mines and would like to see the area again, but see by all the posts that you can't drive on the road to get in there. Any info would be great. thanks

The Halley family (with the youngest now being 4th generation being in the business after Louie and Evon started it all / Evon still alive) are close but no outpost on Werner.
http://www.halleyscamps.com/home-mainmenu-1.html

If you give them a call they can advise if and how best to get into Werner and hopefully not get into trouble.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM

TrkrDave is on a distinguished road
As a property owner, I have biked, walked and portaged into Werner. Also when on Werner Lake, the Conservation Officers have dropped in on me. Asked me where I was staying, where is my vehicle. If caught on the road you are fined, the second time you are caught you are charged...nobody wants a charge against them, do they?

The restrictions have nothing to do with any of the out posts in the area or any of the property owners on Werner. Any body getting caught fishing without a license, deserves a fine.

For those that might be interested, we might be interested in selling.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:37 PM

What are you selling?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM

KraDaddy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrkrDave View Post
As a property owner, I have biked, walked and portaged into Werner. Also when on Werner Lake, the Conservation Officers have dropped in on me. Asked me where I was staying, where is my vehicle. If caught on the road you are fined, the second time you are caught you are charged...nobody wants a charge against them, do they?

The restrictions have nothing to do with any of the out posts in the area or any of the property owners on Werner. Any body getting caught fishing without a license, deserves a fine.

Sent you a PM
Old 10-23-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:

What is it you are selling?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:01 PM

oldccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

pm sent your way
Old 07-16-2017, 07:05 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
Friend of mine showed me this photo does anybody know if its still illegal to go down Werner Lake Road?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20136745_10154703113596024_2113246829_n.jpg (125.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 07-16-2017, 07:25 PM

iroczu is on a distinguished road
Im curious too think the same person sent us that picture today lol
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM

oldccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rougholdccm is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately it is absolutely illegal to travel down Werner lake road. By foot or bicycle are the only legal methods
Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 PM

Oerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to beholdOerlikon80 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldccm View Post
Unfortunately it is absolutely illegal to travel down Werner lake road. By foot or bicycle are the only legal methods
Why is it illegal to drive down?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldccm View Post
Spent a year researching it and even rightfully so some people supposivly fined or warned for walking even down there
Old 07-16-2017, 08:12 PM

In a nutshell they turned the whole area into a wilderness area to stop mining from expanding. In doing so they couldn't dig up the road because current mining still has access rights. The only people that have access to the road are issued a mining pass, mostly for colbalt. Even the current cottage owners aren't allowed.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerlikon80 View Post
Why is it illegal to drive down?
Aside from being only allowable through being apermit holder for exploration heard rumor of a military base that is down there if that rumor is held true i can see as to why no travel is permitted but nothing with a guarnteed answer confirms it i just find it odd though as well though why it is shut down if nothing is down there
Old 07-16-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroczu View Post
Spent a year researching it and even rightfully so some people supposivly fined or warned for walking even down there

You can walk or bike. Same as you can hike through the Forest. I have documentation from both MNR and mining companies as my wife's family is in the mining industry.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Aside from being only allowable through being apermit holder for exploration heard rumor of a military base that is down there if that rumor is held true i can see as to why no travel is permitted but nothing with a guarnteed answer confirms it i just find it odd though as well though why it is shut down if nothing is down there

No military base that I've ever seen. It's a small minesite. A few old cottages and some encampments. The mine is only there for mine permit holders. The mine is used sporadically and most of the time they have an area dug up to stop cars.

Either earlier in this thread or in my files I have all the legal mumbo jumbo. I'll try to repost.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:31 PM

it may have been your post I read then about Ontario's dnr when I was doing research too
Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Hartman-52 is just really niceHartman-52 is just really niceHartman-52 is just really niceHartman-52 is just really nice
Quote:

I've heard, from reliable sources, that there is a secret underground military base there just like Area 51 and that all the mining tunnels were dug for military use and said to be a cover up as simple mining operations. The tunnels are supposed to be a massive maze down there and is a storage site for Canada's secret nuclear missile arsenal and that is intended to be deplored in our 5 submarines we bought used from tbe Brits over 15 years ago that still aren't functional. My buddies dad used to work there in the Black Opps Division and he swears he has seen dozens of dead extraterrestrial alien bodies there and recovered flying saucers. The base is code named Kielbasa
- 2016 Ski Doo Renegade 1200
- 2006 Ski Doo Renegade 600 SDI
- 1964 Ski Doo BR64 Olympic
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hartman-52 For This Useful Post:
JeffGordon (08-11-2017), oldccm (08-11-2017), RUNNER (08-14-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 PM

JeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to allJeffGordon is a name known to all
, bat shit crazy you is Hartman!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffGordon For This Useful Post:
Hartman-52 (08-11-2017)

Tags
manitoba, ontario or, werner